Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19771 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2016, 12:34:23 am »

OOC Thread

Spoiler: Name: Larok Ar'grush (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Name: Riskiss Malodie (click to show/hide)

He hurries over to shake your hand.
'Pleasure. I'm Ranek. I should only need you until tomorrow morning... the shark in question is very... punctual. If you could just throw him off the cliff or something, that would make many of us in town breathe easier.'
He laughs, nervously. 'Only joking. Uh, I have your fee here. Half up front O.K.?'
A cough from the contractor sees Ranek give a polite smile and sidle off to the side, whereupon they have a brief argument and an exchange of coin, before he gives you a slap on the back before departing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:02:02 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2016, 12:47:47 am »

"It doesn't matter how long I must stay.
What does this cheat look like?"
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2016, 01:54:52 pm »

Nabih scratched his chin as he brainstormed names with Ghamina, helplessly lost. "We really should have done this before and it pains to admit me I never gave it much thought. However, I believe the name should be a little less 'grand' if you know what I mean." Despite his ambitions, the merchant scion shied away from any intention of naming his company something flashier. "Tigerblooded, maybe? I would name it the Eastern Legion were it not for the fact our recruits are all locals. Maybe Steel Mill? The mill is a good emblem. Or perhaps Relentless Cog..." He started to veer towards mechanisms and machinery as his brain began trying to piece together better suggestions, in part because they also worked well as symbols.

"Oh, I should probably mention, we recommend that when you name your third party, it should be someone who won't be near you. An investor or a family member, usually.

"Ah, that makes sense, though I did plan on having Ghamina be that person. Could I perhaps add more than one name?" If he ended up dead, there was a fair chance his bodyguard would have suffered the same fate, but in case she survived he didn't want to leave her behind with nothing while control of his company passed on to one of his relatives.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2016, 05:35:23 am »

"Well... I'm sure we can squeeze in a second name on the roll."

"It doesn't matter how long I must stay.
What does this cheat look like?"
"Cheat? Uh.. Big. Your size."
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2016, 05:37:30 am »

"All right."
Larok proceeds to occupy (or produce) an empty chair at the table.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2016, 05:46:08 am »

"Those would be suitable names for a workshop, young master, but not a mercenary company. Tigerblooded would work, I believe."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »

"Ah. Then 'The Tigerblooded' it is." Nabih seemed a tad crestfallen at the mention the name he liked so much hadn't been considered fitting. Still, he felt safe in deferring to Ghaminia when it came to such matters. He picked up a large pouch and carefully poured the fee onto the table whilst filling out the form with his careful calligraphy. His bodyguard's and his mother's name were added as his legal successors and when it was all good and done, he added his thumbprint. "Done. Do I need to give you an updated roll of employees under my control or would just keeping private records work?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2016, 05:06:17 am »

"Private records are fine, as long as there are records in case of an audit. Company leaders who cannot read are fined quite heavily for their lack of records."
He takes the form from you with a delicate hand and places it before a secondary clerk, who begins painstakingly transcribing it with large, obscenely embellished calligraphy.

"If you could return here in a tenday, we should have it completed. We're happy to offer contracts in the meantime, however we don't currently have any guild-sized contracts available, so you may need to haggle with the other gentlemen."

In the background, the scribe has just finished what appears to be the first color of the first flourish on the top left border of the T.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2016, 10:01:28 am »

Nabih watched with some curiosity as the scribe transcribed the information with extreme care. At the very least he'd know his company would be registered in a dignified way, though he wasn't exactly a supporter of such loss in efficiency for the sake of beauty. "That is fine, my company is still small. Where could I peruse those contracts?"
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2016, 04:38:04 pm »

The man gives a simple gesture behind you, and as you turn around you notice the few booths with the few mercenaries standing about it.

[Investigate=1] > [2]
From here you cannot really determine the contracts on offer. You may have to scope them out one by one.

Two of the booths are permanent, with another temporary booth set up near the front. Another temporary booth has just begun packing up - clearly they had plenty of demand, or not enough supply.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2016, 08:13:35 pm »

"Let us check the booths, then." he announced to his partner before moving on to check their business opportunities.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2016, 09:32:27 am »

The two permanent booths are set up on either side of the grand hall. One seems to be hiring for simple labor jobs through the week, maintaining the various machinery about the city (for a very respectable sum, probably due to the danger).
The other is populated by more rough characters, along with the knightly-looking fellow Ghamina noticed earlier.

The haggling is currently underway on a contract to seek out some bandits on the east road.
[Empathy=2] > [2]
A few people seem unwilling to bid, smiling grimly to themselves.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:58:22 pm by Tack »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2016, 09:44:31 am »

Larok shifts in his chair, looking around the tavern occasionally.

"Why do you owe this cheat your money?"
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:07 pm »

"I meant to start up a business venture, selling shiny pieces of quartz and such from the mines. My daughter loves them, I thought they'd make a good profit, and they just throw it all aside in order to get at good iron. He was willing to lend me some money. The rate was rather harsh, but I knew it wouldn't be a problem... until..."
He shifts in his chair, nervously.
"Turns out, every other miner here does the same thing, gathering up pretty stones and the like to give to their loved ones. Nobody was willin' to buy what you can get for free. I thought it was a problem could be fixed, though. Just gotta sell them somewhere there isn't a mine. So I went back and asked for another loan so I could try sending a shipment to Aurelar, see if the people in the city want 'em. But he wouldn't do it. Laughed in my face, he did. I tell ya, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew it all along and was tryin' to trap me. Now he says he's gonna break me leg."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2016, 12:41:58 pm »

"I'll take his leg off if that's how he needs to be warned.

..Do you have any of this quartz with you?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25