Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19722 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 12:31:24 am »

[Investigate=-1] > (2)
Failed.

Lorak is starting to get a little bit frustrated.

Mmm... Well, y' helped out a stranger. That kinda charity... Y' only really see it in the younger pups. They can't scrap it out with th' big dogs, so they're more likely to stick together. Not that it's a bad thing though!
Eh, whadda I know?

Hassik pulls a stick of something out of his pocket and bites off a lump, before looking behind him.
Tch. Duty calls. Come sate 'm curiosity whenever.
He returns to the bar, to deal with the backlog of customers.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:38:09 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 01:38:34 am »

Ogres are indeed uncommon in these parts. And from where a certain goblin sat, flirting absent-mindedly, the scene had played out very interestingly. That human, too...hmmm. Perhaps some of her friends knew...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 08:25:46 am »

[Investigate=0] > (3)
Failed.

[Contacts=0] > (2)

Riskiss spends a moment idly listening to the banal chatter of her current would-be-date, but is unable to think up anybody who might know more about these curious strangers.
Although you could always ask a patron, or the inkeeper.

From outside, a faint roar can be heard.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:30:26 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 02:41:47 pm »

Fury was starting to seep through Larok. There was no way he would let a stupid human insult him like that and get away, and he continued looking.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 12:15:09 am »

"Not the youngest, but not the eldest either." Nabih told the goblin before the stout figure went off to take care of business. With the barman leaving him once more, he turned back to chat with his friend and guardian. Sometimes she was so quiet even he forgot she was just within arm's reach from him. "He left before I could introduce you, even. You do know I might have you screen candidates, don't you?" he asked, making reference to his plans as a military contractor. He found the "mercenary company" designation a bit too simplistic for what he had in mind.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 02:21:05 pm »

Riskiss gives her companion a sad look and a reassuring pat on the arm, and tries to excuse herself. "I'm really quite sorry, dearest, but I think I need to look into some possible business opportunities. You understand, don't you? I mean, you run quite the respectable business yourself, from the sounds of it. Perhaps we can get back in touch later, hm? Just ask for Riskiss, I'll find you~"

But first, she needed to put on some more respectable clothing...maybe Hezal was around? She always seemed to know how to get one's dress to suit the occasion.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »

"Not the youngest, but not the eldest either." Nabih told the goblin before the stout figure went off to take care of business. With the barman leaving him once more, he turned back to chat with his friend and guardian. Sometimes she was so quiet even he forgot she was just within arm's reach from him. "He left before I could introduce you, even. You do know I might have you screen candidates, don't you?" he asked, making reference to his plans as a military contractor. He found the "mercenary company" designation a bit too simplistic for what he had in mind.

She nodded.

"I have no objections, young master." She smiled slightly. "To not being introduced or screening candidates. If any of them are stronger than I, they would be a worthy hire."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 04:50:45 pm »

[Investigate=3] > (3)
Success at cost.

Riskiss's companion makes the typical objectionary noises, but they've gotten the picture, and can safely be excused from. Hezal was a late-night person like herself- but tends to patronise the slightly more class bars up the cliff a little. (How you know her? How you pay her? Is she a human or goblin?)

Meanwhile, Lorak had finally discovered a single dry footprint, heading downstream from the bar. However, before being able to inspect further, he hears a weary voice from behind.
"Shite. I really hope you're pitching yer guts, and not what I think you's doing.
In case you Were doing what we thought, we'd advice again't. There ain't no laws against bein' a turd, but turdkillin's a felony. Just in case, mind."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 04:55:06 pm »

Larok faces the voice, chest heaving and breath heavy.
"The filth in question has insulted me and has insulted my people. I will not tolerate such action."
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 06:14:55 am »

[Notice=0]
[Empathy=0]
[Rapport=-1]

You see a number of figures, smaller than you.
You cannot really get a read on them.

"Look here! I don't know if it's some Ogre thing which makes you decide to follow someone home, break in and maim or kill them on a whim, but it won't be tolerated! This is a town of laws, and whilst a drunken pub scuffle would be tolerated, what you are after is a cold act of vengeance!"
Another voice pipes up.
"Ye'd think after pullin' a gambit like that ye'd be sittin' royal at th' bar, havin' drinks bought fer ya an' chattin' up swoonin' wimmen. Instead y' come out 'ere so y' can get yerself even more fired up. No 'ffense, but if all Ogres is like you, they's crazy."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:07:48 am by Tack »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 06:18:37 am »

Larok decides to eat them instead

More bothersome people. A great way to begin in this town, it was, to be bothered constantly.
But.. they were making sense, if a small amount so.

"..I would gladly take the chance if it meant the whelp got what he deserved."
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:44 pm »

(Hezal: human, friend (met through working a very similar gig simultaneously, ended up working together on it), favors for favors)

Well, hrnm. Figured she wouldn't be around a place like this. Riskiss sighed, tried to touch up her appearance, and waltzed towards the pair.

"Hey there...that was real nice of you, helping out a stranger like that. Whaddaya say I get you a drink?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 02:20:29 am »

Larok
"Well... You haven't committed a crime yet, but clearly you plan to. Tell you what. Let's go for a nice, easy walk, all of us. We'll lead you right to Lars's doorstep, even. Once you're there, we can have a quick chat and see if you still wish to rip the man's arms off, and go from there. Sound good?"
[Decieve=1] > [Empathy=3]
Defended.

You aren't buying it. The walk might calm you down, but whoever his friends are, they'd be stupid to let it end at Lars's house.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:27:14 am by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 03:21:58 am »

"Thank you. I do have to say the only drink I have eyes for is tea. And, occasionally, black coffee." the young trader house scion replied as he turned his attention to the approaching goblin. He picked up a pair of small, round-rimmed glasses from a pocket and put them on his face before moving on to introductions. "I am Al-Safi Nabih and this is Ghaminia." He gestured towards the other Easterner close to him, this not not making the same mistake and promptly introducing his companion.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 06:00:16 am »

"Or, perhaps you could be honest with me."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25