Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19756 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2016, 10:49:31 pm »

The lady expectantly holds out her hand until Larok drops a few coppers into it, and then a plate containing one hunk of bread and one slab of quiche are unceremoniously dropped in front of him.
This actually seems like standard practice here, and the diners return to their regularly scheduled early-morning scoffing.

[Notice=0]
[Empathy=[abbr+1]3[/abbr]]
[Rapport=[abbr+2]5[/abbr]]

You see a man.
He seems Prideful

Reece Marburg, nodding with practiced calm at your greeting gives an embarrassed smirk and finishes his mouthful of bacon and egg, before placing his knife upon the plate and and greeting you properly.
"I can sincerely say the pleasure is all mine. It's always wonderful to meet those who know of me."
He casts a shrewd eye over your weapons and armor.
"Looking to hire then, I assume? You must've heard of me from the tourneys."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:00:04 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2016, 10:54:59 pm »

Larok grumbles to himself. Bread and... this. Whatever it was. ..At least he wasn't being harrasses this time around.
The ogre eats his breakfast in silence, occasionally glancing at the other patrons.
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »

"Ah, tourneys. I would like to hear about that, but instead you were highly recommended by an acquaintance of mine; I asked for those of high skill to be part of my new enterprise and you were at the list with the very best he had found." Nabih said, gesturing towards the table. "May I have a seat?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2016, 09:30:07 pm »

Ghamina merely hovered behind Nabih, close enough to be able to intervene but giving him enough room to gesture or move, or to seem threatening.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2016, 02:53:18 am »

Thankfully everyone is quite happy to allow Larok to eat in sullen silence. The food is rather good, surprisingly, some mixture of egg and pig. Maybe not as much meat as he'd prefer, but it was still filling, although barely for one of his stature.

"Please do, I insist. You certainly have me curious about this enterprise of yours."
"Forgive my rudeness, however I hope you don't mind if I finish my meal?"

Ghamina is given the tentatively appraising look given to bodyguard muscle anywhere, and then is treated once again as invisible.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:58:58 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2016, 01:01:58 pm »

Nabih sat down and intertwined his fingers. "Why, do so. I can wait." he replied, waiting until the man was done with his meal before continuing. "You see, I am a man of vision, and I am assembling a mercenary company; in fact, I am heading to the house of commerce and formally registering it in a while. This company is a project that I intend to see successful, and I am well-provided enough to see it through. Mercenary contracts are not the only thing I am interested in, however. I am a craftsman and inventor, and as we grow, I will not be only person to reap the benefits."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2016, 10:17:50 am »

[Rapport=3] > (3)
Success at cost.

"Fortuitous indeed! You see, I too am a man of vision! My skills as an archer have been noted far and wide, and I have won every archery tourney of note west of Aurelar."
"However, there is yet a pinnacle to which my ambition may climb. You see, I wish to become a Knight, of the Kingdom... If you were to aid me... I could happily join your outfit without a second thought. Simply put, my dreams are worth more than gold or spoils."

[Lore=0] > (3)
Failed.

'Knight of the Kingdom' is a term unfamiliar to you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2016, 11:37:41 am »

Nabih glanced inquisitively at Ghamina for a moment, to see whether she had more luck than him remembering what that name meant, before returning his attention to the hunter. "Do tell me about your dreams. I plan on helping those I hire as long as it does not leave me at an unreasonable physical or financial risk and if it would win me your service and dedication, I fail to see a reason why I would not accept that offer." he said before waiting for a reply.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2016, 11:44:57 am »

Ghamina wondered if she recognised the term.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2016, 01:23:18 pm »

"Well, eventually I should need to go to the kingdom, which I would certainly be thankful of your presence with. Currently, however..."
[Success]
He looks embarassred.
"I'll come right out and and say it. Whilst it is true my fathers grandfather was a knight... The law cannot recognize it. My grandfather was a gamekeeper, my father a hunter... Myself, so far, a mercenary. My own son is bearing down the path of the farmer unless I... re-season the pot, so to speak."
[Failed]
"Ah, I fear I'm boring you. Suffice to say I'll travel with you, and inform you when I have obtained that which I require.
If you would have me, that is?"

In the background, a bell begins to ring.

Larok looks up as the tolling of a massive bell disturbs him from his second helping of egg, bread, and egg bread.
Riskiss is awoken by the tones of the bell.

The house of commerce is opening for trade.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:27:41 pm by Tack »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »

"Worry not, I like to listen. You could tell me more about the knights and we could deal in specifics later." Nabih replied. He had actually been expecting more information about those knights, but as long as they weren't some courtly police force dedicated to eliminating innocents via overzealous application of force, he wasn't too worried. The merchant scion was glad for the fact he seemed to have managed to strike a good first impression.

Now, the bell was his call. "That is a sign I should start on my way to the house of commerce. Would you like to come with us or do you have other matters to attend to?" he asked. With or without the hunter, Nabih prepared to head there and finally take the first big step towards the realization of his ambitious dream.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2016, 04:02:21 pm »

Ghamina had kept her face expressionless as she thought. While she'd remembered a little about the knights, it wasn't anything Nabih couldn't work out easily for himself, and she didn't know enough to be worth interrupting the young master's business.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2016, 10:26:06 pm »

"I must pack my belongings, sadly. I should meet you at the house of commerce shortly?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2016, 10:44:18 pm »

Nabih stood up and shook the man's hand, firmly. "Absolutely. It was a pleasure to meet you, and until then." he then turned on his heels and left off to finish the quick preparations before departing to the house of commerce. "The breakfast was quite good, don't you think so, Ghamina?" he asked, stretching his arms and adopting a more relaxed tone as he checked his belongings once more.
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2016, 12:35:54 am »

Larok finishes the rest of his meal rather quickly. He takes care to dispose of the leftovers as everyone else around does, to prevent any more annoying crones from jabbing him or blabbering on with their annoying voices, and departs for this house of commerce.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25