Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC  (Read 19755 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE]: IC
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

"Certainly in a settlement of this size, there should be at least some. I'm certain you'll be able to pick the wheat from the chaff, young master." She carefully poured hot water and made the coffee, placing a gently steaming cup in front of him. "Do you have any work lined up for when we have hired some workers?"

Ghamina is ready to move when Nabih is.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:58 pm »

Nabih nodded in a gesture of thanks as he picked up the coffee cup, carefully sipping the hot beverage and closing his eyes for a moment as he appreciated the fine taste. "Thank you, Ghamina. I have not put anything 'on hold' so to say, but I already have an idea of what we shall seek as our first contracts."

While enjoying the hot brew, Nabih decided to check the list given to him by the goblin businessman, seeking to find out whether any of the people listed lived close to the house of commerce - so that he had something to do besides waiting in case they did arrive too early.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:55:34 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »

Nabih observes the list. With no pressure or deadline it's quite easy to puzzle out.
The listings seem to indicate which walls of the canyon they are on, the "floor", upward from the river, and, it can be guessed, how far upstream or downstream they are from an unspecified center point.
The house of commerce is notably perched on the top of the Western cliff, shadowing the governor's manor on the east. Whilst the latter is far more prominent when moving into the city, the house of commerce could only just be seen cresting the hill: the eastern cliff-face being more jagged and sturdy than the more gentle slope of the western.

The current inn Nahih is residing in would be West-1st-FW9: as it is directly on the water and the closest building to that floor's section of millworks. Therefore any western-face houses are viable.

As Nabih finishes the final dregs of his coffee, a sound of clattering from below intensifies, and the wafting scent of breakfast preparations trickles in.

The guardsmen give a few puzzled looks amongst themselves, before cap speaks up again.
"There's a place we go for breakfast straight up the ladder out the left of the door, if you're hungry."
He stands as if to let Larok out, but sees the ruptured bolts and settles for unceremoniously kicking it open a little wider.
"Just remember, if you go after that punk, we will be forced to come after you, and when we all fail, the council will put a bounty on your head."
"Honor is nice. But don't be an idiot."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2016, 11:21:20 pm »

"Fine, then. I will not start any more fights.
Start any."

Larok collects his things, nods silently to the man who spoke, and exits the building; the ladder is slowly and steadily climbed, and he looks for an obvious place of food service.
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:56 pm »

Riskiss yawns. Last night was enjoyable, and overall it had certainly been productive, but...she had work to do. A quick nap was all she could allow herself to recuperate. Then she could start fresh and get started on her newest project. Oh, bother, she still needed to make sure she attended lunch with that baron, though, didn't she? He would falter one of these days. She was certain of it. Ah well...that could be handled after a few hour's rest...then she could get in touch with her friends, and hear what they could hear...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2016, 01:34:59 pm »

"It seems breakfast is served. After that, we can visit the closest person on the list in case there is still time before the house of commerce opens its doors. Tell me, Ghamina: how are your knives? I plan on purchasing raw materials to craft equipment, on top of purchasing some gear, so it would not be a problem for me to make you some extra blades." he asked as he made his way downstairs after switching into his "indoors" clothes.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2016, 04:02:08 pm »

"Hmmm..." she had a gesture, and a knife was in her hand. The blade was curved wickedly, and sharp as sin. "These are good steel. It might be difficult to craft something better, young master, but I'd appreciate any attempts... as long as it doesn't hinder our greater plans. I can use these quite fine, young master, if it comes to it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2016, 09:58:48 am »

"I will take that in account, Ghamina." Less worries for him as far as expenditures went, though Nabih still intended to reward Ghamina somehow some point down the line. Maybe he'd find some time in the near future to make some fine quilted armor for his bodyguard; that'd certainly be a worthy gift. "After the breakfast I believe we can talk to one of the hunter; with some luck, we will find them downstairs already." he said, referencing the fact the hunter Reece Marburg was listed as located in the same inn they had spent the night in.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:40 pm »

Larok ascends the stone rungs, finding at the top a walkway jammed with passers-by, and further back squats a simple trattoria, long tables home to those whom for whatever reason are unable or unwilling to fix their own meals.
Meals are sold cheap and the menu consists of whatever the elderly kitchen ladies felt like putting together today. It's easy to see why it's the favoured eatery of bone-tired night-guardsmen.
As Larok crests the ladder and begins heaving his bulk onto the walkway, the crowd begins to unconsciously clear space around his imposing frame.

Riskiss gratefully reposes upon her bedding, quickly diving into whatever sleep she can catch before the day's beginning.

Nabih: [Notice=2]
[Notice=4]

Nabih and Ghamina troop downstairs to identify breakfast, and a certain hunter.
Some of the more debilitated patrons are still camped out by the warm stones by the hearth, but there are a few people sitting at tables here and there.
Harkiss bustles in, arms laden with dishes and spots the pair. He gives a nod and says "Morning! Just grab a table anywhere, I'll be by." before rushing away to offload. As the pair moves to take a table, Ghamina spots a man wearing what could be termed "hunters garb", tunic and leggings with a speckled cape.
The barman heads back to the table with a cheerful grin.
"So I've got hot porridge with honey or black bread 'n cheese, 'though not many choose the latter 'less they're suffering. Or if you're in the mood, I've still got a side of bacon I could be convicted to fry up."
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2016, 01:03:37 pm »

Larok ignores the crowd's reaction to him. If they were this afraid of him, so be it. All the easier to make it to his destination, after all. He silently sets himself down at the emptiest table around and decides to order whatever seems to have the most protein in it - in the form of meat, of course.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »

"Two bowls of porridge, please."
While their religion didn't out-and-out ban eating pork, it was certainly considered a filthy animal.
As the bartender bustled away, she indicated with a nod towards the hunter.
"That one seems the type to be a hunter, young master. He's dressed the part, at least."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »

After a quick nod of greeting towards Harkiss as he moved by in a hurry, Nabih nodded in silent - and hungry - acquiescence as Ghamina ordered for them after they had settled on a table. His eyes turned with interest towards the person indicated by her as well, surprised he had missed that. He would've blamed hunger wouldn't for the fact his bodyguard was more attentive than he was. "Your perception never fails. That might just be the person I was going to try and locate." he commented as he waited for the breakfast to be delivered.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2016, 10:03:58 am »

Larok = [Notice=-2] > (1)
Failed.

Larok sits down at one of the more empty tables and shouts for meat. The clamor of morning conversation suddenly stills, as the crowd all stop to stare at him.
Soon, an elderly lady bustles over, leans a over the table towards him pokes a bony finger at his chest.
"It ain't how we do things here, Ogre. You's pay up front, and you's get what yer given. If ye wanna eat classy go find a bleedin' tavern, an' stop disturbin' my boys."

Harkiss is happy to oblige, and returns with two bowls of hot oats and a section of honeycomb speared through with a skewer, hurrying off again after he receives payment.
The hunter is sitting with his back towards Nabih and Ghamina, eating his food with remarkable poise for this area of town.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »

He seethes. Who was she to talk to him like that?
..But the guardsman's words came back to him, and he reluctantly controlled himself.
"Fine, fine. Just bring me something."
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

Nabih ate his porridge without hurry, making sure to savor the taste as each mouthful of oats soothed his morning hunger. When it seemed the hunter was about to finish his breakfast and it wouldn't be too impolite to approach, he did so. "Excuse me, would you be Reece Marburg? I am Al-Safi Nabih, and it is a pleasure to meet you." he said, offering a handshake.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25