Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sieges. Bad or good thing?  (Read 1605 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges. Bad or good thing?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

What are the requirements for a siege?  I can't remember, and the DF wiki is down.
Shoes...

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

If I remember right: Sieges come once you get over 80 dwarves.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »

In the last siege I had, one of my champion fortress guards got a wild hare up his arse about chasing the siegers off...

plowed through about a dozen goblins chasing them as they routed... killing the fleeing ones as he overtook them.

Then he followed one right to the edge of the map and, upon reaching it after his quarry had already escaped... he exploded for no reason whatsoever into a rain of body parts.

Bugs are fun.

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 12:33:00 am »

^
|
|
|
|
|
lmao!

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 03:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by MuonDecay:
<STRONG>In the last siege I had, one of my champion fortress guards got a wild hare up his arse about chasing the siegers off...

plowed through about a dozen goblins chasing them as they routed... killing the fleeing ones as he overtook them.

Then he followed one right to the edge of the map and, upon reaching it after his quarry had already escaped... he exploded for no reason whatsoever into a rain of body parts.

Bugs are fun.</STRONG>

He was so angry even his Superdwarvenly Tough body could not contain his anger! In his wrathful RAGE, he did the impossible; he surpassed Chuck Norris' own rage. Unfortunately, only Chuck Norris can contain that much rage.

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 06:46:00 am »

Maybe he was this guy-  
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:00 am »

Pro: Kills useless peasant conscript dwarves, supplies metals through weapons, experience for military, fun watching a legendary soldier annihilate 50 goblins

Con: giant useless stacks of worthless crap left lying around that the idiot dwarves, when provided with no stockpile, horde in their bedrooms and barracks making a shameful laggy mess

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:00 am »

After several years of peace my dwarves were growing a bit tetchy.  Being in an iron deficient area, it's stressful when my sources fail to show up for their appointments with the smelter.

To fill in some time, I decided to build an archers tower.  A big one.  It ended up 17 z-levels high.  As high as I could go, obviously.  As an afterthought, I put a drawbridge on top.  Why not?

I think it's fair to say that I was really looking forward to my next Horde of Evil.     :D  Then, they finally made their appearance...  around 10 lashers from one direction, about 10 hammerers from another and about 10 archers from a third.  "Woohoo!" I thought to myself, as I set my Army into motion.

Urist McHawkeye, legendary marskman, picked off the gobbo swordsman that was leading the archers with a single shot...  and then all the gobbo's - each and every one - turned around and headed back whence they came.    :roll:  

I love sieges, I look forward to 'em.  But I really hate cleaning up afterwards.

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: Eater of Vermin ]

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Llahlahkje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:41:00 am »

Good, except for the mess. The game needs some SERIOUS dumping changes (like the ability to DUMP entire groups, or dump based on a keyword, like "narrow" or something) ...

... especially good since the sieges kill more than the Superbeasts.

I have an all wood fort (complete with an outdoor industrial complex enclosed in wood) ... and I wanted to see it burn, and a dragon wandered in to help me out, but NOOO... a Competent Marskman with a lucky shot pegs an eye and then his stomach as my band of 10 just-trained Axemen on border patrol wander up and finish the job while the dragon is vomiting.

*sigh*

:)

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18:00 am »

you have to wonder why goblins are so well dressed, wearing a tunic, two pairs of pants, a robe, a fine hat, designer shoes, with cashmere gloves and socks and a fine cloak. some of them also wear a dress.

it's no wonder the dwarves want their duds cause they're all stuck wearing pigtail shirts and trousers with no shoes, too bad they don't fit. but still go grab those clothes and stack them up in bins. if they don't fit, shove em in your room!

Pages: 1 [2]