Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Personality Test thing (16 Personalities)  (Read 7907 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Personality Test thing (16 Personalities)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "plebian". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the shitposter, INTPs have been responsible for many cheeki bants throughout history.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living
INTPs are known for their rehashed theories and unrelenting shitposts – in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the navy seal snipers.

They love dubs, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs' word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to shitpost thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality you are correct – don't expect punctual progress reports. People who share the INTP personality type aren't interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their tactical genius and deep strike potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and baneblades INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and >unbiased solution.
http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:59:25 pm by Loud Whispers »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 06:56:07 pm »

Heh.
Is it weird, then, that there are at least 3 INTP's already?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »

Well, LW was very nearly ENTP, and I'm not too far from INFP. Bay12 seems to attract a lot of these sorts for some reason, though. Probably DF-related.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »

My EI is in balance, I am harmony

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »

Well, LW was very nearly ENTP, and I'm not too far from INFP. Bay12 seems to attract a lot of these sorts for some reason, though. Probably DF-related.
Yeah, probably.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:33 pm »

INTP not actually that logical, considering that their example is holding a sample of a chemical solution which is reacting unusually about four inches above their face. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2016, 09:48:59 pm »

Oh this thing. I got INTJ, although only the I vs E had more then a 5% preference either way[I vs E was something like 45% in favour of I, which was substantially less then last time I took this thing. Spooky.].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:30 pm »

Myers-Briggs is about as scientific as voodoo, alchemy or economics but I gave this a whirl.

http://www.16personalities.com/profiles/568dd17e3c979

Got ISTJ-A.  I'm extremely introverted but I already knew that.  The other three qualities don't deviate that much from the middle, so they could go any way depending on my mood on a particular day.

Is there anyone here who is an extrovert?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 09:54:37 pm »

INTP-A. Seems mostly accurate.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 09:55:46 pm »

Is there anyone here who is an extrovert?
Apparently srcdest.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 12:06:26 am »

I got INTJ and INTP. I usually take these things a few times to get a better idea of what my responses are. Although the article seemed to match me fairly closely at places, I was annoyed by the horoscopey writing in some places. Out of curiosity, I looked at the premium things for several different personalities and found that most were similar and shared many phrases (the INTJ and INTP pages were designed to be different but were very similar to each other). I also looked at the premium advertisement page for ESFP (probably the total opposite of me) and still found things that describe me. It was less accurate, of course, but it was still a reminder that there really isn't a good reason to trust that this website has useful explanations of each personality type.

Edit: Also, marking a neutral response for everything doesn't give a neutral result at the end, suggesting some kind of bias.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 12:09:22 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 12:09:12 am »

You are a human. A medium sized creature prone to great ambition.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 12:53:39 am »

I got INTP-T.
Don't have time to read more details right now, so I am unsure what the "T" stands for.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 12:56:46 am »

Got INFP-T as well.

I feel like this is a pretty well-worded one. However, a lot of times on these kinds of test I'm stumped as to how I should answer: What I say I believe, or what I actually implement in day-to-day life.
Exactly. I am fanatically attached to order and organization, and yet you could hardly tell by looking at my room. If I get going, I can organize for days, but it can get bothersome. This is obviously why I play DF: organization without the real-world hassle.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 02:48:01 am »

I got INTP-T on this one. While I am highly skeptical of Myers-Briggs (I've taken it before on different sites, with different results, and I'm aware that there's little evidence to support its categorizations), I have to admit that some bits of the description were painfully accurate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6