Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Personality Test thing (16 Personalities)  (Read 7895 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Personality Test thing (16 Personalities)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:56 am »

Myers-Briggs is about as scientific as voodoo, alchemy or economics but I gave this a whirl.
I got INTP-T on this one. While I am highly skeptical of Myers-Briggs (I've taken it before on different sites, with different results, and I'm aware that there's little evidence to support its categorizations), I have to admit that some bits of the description were painfully accurate.
:-\
I'll give more detail to all these 'internet tests'--The Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory held online is not to be used as something formal and definitive due to the many factors which leave it open to unreliability and the lack of validity//criticality needed to be accurate and precise, in which the Barnum effect may sometimes occur (since the only person assessing the result is yourself, and given the history of such a test, it will be extremely difficult since there is no set or degree to gauge your own methods unless trained or knowledgeable in how to do so)...

Most universities as far as I know give personality testing for free, along with follow-up interview and consultation which is the most important part. Internet tests alone will not give a definitive result.

...Also Bouchart, your words please. :v
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:59:24 am by Tiruin »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 03:45:48 am »

I'm a Debater (ENTP-T). I'm reminded of my baptism at the Philosopher's Circle, where during the "trial" I was accused of being a "confident Cicero" (I pleaded guilty and got sentenced to having my mouth sewn shut and die from the resulting infection).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 04:33:59 am »

Hee~ x3
Do note for posterity that Introvert != Shut-in or something that leans towards isolation; people who are very sociable and love being with other people are also introverts when their time alone revitalizes them, so to say. :O

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 04:37:44 am »

inb4 Comrade is introvert, according to test thingy

Do note for posterity that Introvert != Shut-in or something that leans towards isolation; people who are very sociable and love being with other people are also introverts when their time alone revitalizes them, so to say. :O

Yeah, sounds about right. That's how I roll.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 05:30:03 am »

Hee~ x3
Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:02 am »

INFP-T.  No surprise there.  OF course, at the back of my mind, there's the nagging feeling that I'm only believing this about myself because I'm receiving it from an external source, and that I'd never have believed this assessment if it were to have come just from me. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 08:34:53 am »

Spoiler: INFP-T intensifies (click to show/hide)

Fits me quite well, so i ain't complainin'. Seems like there's a fair few INFP's in here. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 08:51:59 am »

I'm DTPT-M...

(I've done it before, with no surprises.  Can't remember what I was exactly but, self-assessed, I'd say I hover around I?TP-T with being unsure about the N/S distinction...  But that the fifth measure is new to me, and makes it now 32 personality types (on the binary scale), unless they have made that a dimensionless measure entirely based upon the results of the classical four.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 08:55:32 am »

INFP... BOO!

Fits me quite well, so i ain't complainin'. Seems like there's a fair few INFP's in here. :v

Given I get different results with different tests >_>

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 09:13:48 am »

I'm DTPT-M...

(I've done it before, with no surprises.  Can't remember what I was exactly but, self-assessed, I'd say I hover around I?TP-T with being unsure about the N/S distinction...  But that the fifth measure is new to me, and makes it now 32 personality types (on the binary scale), unless they have made that a dimensionless measure entirely based upon the results of the classical four.)
...but I decided to have a go anyway.  My own prediction was I?TP-T, and I turned out to be... (INFP-a)...

Firmly Introverted (90%), largely intuitive (69%, although I didn't like the questions easiest to identify to calculate this result), borderline Feeling (59% vs 41% the predicted Thinking... again, I blame the questions) and quite a bit Prospecting (78%, could have been more, but for difficult nuances in the questions atuned to this part of the scale).

I was also barely Assertive (56%), but that might more be how definite I was about being uncomfortable in social situations and the like.

And this is why I'm DTPT-M.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 10:23:14 am »

ENTJ-A.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:52:20 pm by Caz »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 10:46:31 am »

I defy categorisation. Well, okay, except the introvert part. But this one gave me INTP, I think, which is the third classification I've seen from these. Usually come up INTJ, occasionally ISTJ.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 11:48:37 am »

SPQR

For The Emperor!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 11:56:31 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:28:55 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6