Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Governorship - on the very frontier of civilization  (Read 8154 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Governorship - on the very frontier of civilization
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2016, 06:47:27 am »

Ask the soldier about this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:34 pm »

-Allow Sohn-na to hunt.
-Ask Manjiro about the small village downstream.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2016, 10:30:39 pm »

-Allow Sohn-na to hunt.

We might as well just go down there, and to the houses upstream, ourself. Again, we might as well introduce ourself. It would be good to know why they live separately, and also how they sustain themselves.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2016, 01:26:35 pm »

-Allow Sohn-na to hunt.

We might as well just go down there, and to the houses upstream, ourself. Again, we might as well introduce ourself. It would be good to know why they live separately, and also how they sustain themselves.

You summoned the soldier for questioning.
"Mr. Governor, or whatever -" The soldier answered nonchalantly. "But you are drafting me in as a soldier. I consider guarding and patrolling the proper jobs a soldier should do - and not plowing the fields or fishing."

Continue please.

-Allow Sohn-na to hunt.

He gleely vanishes into the mountains and forests, after telling you that he will store his kills and work on them on the platform until there is a better way to split the game.

"Ah? That village? I suppose you have to go there on yourself. I know there is a place there but I don't see the need to go there myself!"
Its a dead-end.

Which place you would like to travel to first?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2016, 08:09:01 pm »

"Mr. Governor, or whatever -" The soldier answered nonchalantly. "But you are drafting me in as a soldier. I consider guarding and patrolling the proper jobs a soldier should do - and not plowing the fields or fishing."
Continue please.
To the soldier: "Your fellows who are working to bring in food can't be happy about this. You can go ahead and stay as a guard only, but if the people who are working to get food don't want to share the food we have with you, I'm not going to make them." Let him do whatever he wants, but the other soldiers in his group will decide whether he gets to eat or not.

Schedule for this month:
Keep the soldiers in their existing groups and have them rotate every day as before. Have two groups working on food each day. Have one group guarding the platform and one making spears. Have the last group guard the carpenters and half the laborers while they cut down trees and saplings in the forest to make spears and build shelters. Have the mason and the other laborers begin excavating a food storage cellar near the platform. At some point, take one group that would have been making spears to introduce ourselves to the people downstream, and find out why they live apart and how they feed themselves.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:42:29 am by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2016, 10:59:06 pm »

Travel downstream.
Max avatar size is 80x80

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2016, 11:12:48 pm »

Travel downstream.
1+

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

Travel downstream.
1+
+1

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2016, 03:09:14 pm »

Continue please.
To the soldier: "Your fellows who are working to bring in food can't be happy about this. You can go ahead and stay as a guard only, but if the people who are working to get food don't want to share the food we have with you, I'm not going to make them." Let him do whatever he wants, but the other soldiers in his group will decide whether he gets to eat or not.

Schedule for this month:
Keep the soldiers in their existing groups and have them rotate every day as before. Have two groups working on food each day. Have one group guarding the platform and one making spears. Have the last group guard the carpenters and half the laborers while they cut down trees and saplings in the forest to make spears and build shelters. Have the mason and the other laborers begin excavating a food storage cellar near the platform. At some point, take one group that would have been making spears to introduce ourselves to the people downstream, and find out why they live apart and how they feed themselves.
Just to make it clear: +1 to this too.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]