Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World Gen question 42.03  (Read 744 times)

njolma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World Gen question 42.03
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:43:55 am »

So I have been playing with advanced world genning and I keep having a problem I am hoping you all can help me figure out. my worlds keep having issues placing controllable civ's. I have 3 worlds that will not allow fortress mode in them only adventure what causes this?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen question 42.03
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:03:23 am »

Issues placing civs at the start of world generation (before history starts) is usually caused by the absence of suitable biomes for them. I think elves and humans have to start in non savage non evil biomes (elves might even require good biomes), while dwarves require mountains (or possibly hills).
The info is probably available on the wiki somewhere.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen question 42.03
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »

So I have been playing with advanced world genning and I keep having a problem I am hoping you all can help me figure out. my worlds keep having issues placing controllable civ's. I have 3 worlds that will not allow fortress mode in them only adventure what causes this?
By default DF requires an existing dwarf civ (even if it's just a handful of refugees) to play fortress.
Adventurer lets you play anyone from a dwarf, human or elf civ (or an outsider human/animal-man) so there's more chance of having someone playable available (including dwarves as they can usually be found in human civs).

Whatever you're doing in advanced worldgen is killing off your dwarves (or, as previously mentioned, not allowing them to exist in the first place because you have no mountains).