Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island of the Dead!  (Read 1578 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Island of the Dead!
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:38:24 pm »

So I was just looking about my world, searching for somewhere to embark, when I found this...

This looks... !!FUN!!

I'm going to see how long I can survive. My longterm goal will be to create an "exclusion zone" where my dwarves
can frolick around outside without fear of having their flesh torn from their bodies by hoardes of the undead.
I've never done anything like this before so wish me luck and lots of !!FUN!!  :D

If you want to download the save and try it for yourself you can get it here.

If you're wondering what those Cheetah Men are doing there, they are part of a small mod I made that adds some tribal animal civs.

You can get it here.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:15:09 pm by King Kitteh »
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Island of the Dead!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:45:26 pm »

Makes you wonder what happened there. Did a band of artists stumble upon an ancient slab, and afterwards each headed out to build their own tower?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:47:55 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:04:47 pm »

Makes you wonder what happened there. Did a band of artists stumble upon an ancient slab, and afterwards each headed out to build their own tower?

Well, the only civilization there are my Cheetah Men, and they can't even make books. Although they do generate poetry, so I'm guessing World Gen just neglects that fact and gives them books anyway.

I have the save backed up if you ever wanted to look at the legends. I'm going to have a gander myself now...

EDIT: Added the save file to DFFD, you can download it form the main post.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:15:45 pm by King Kitteh »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:50:38 am »

Well, the only civilization there are my Cheetah Men, and they can't even make books. Although they do generate poetry, so I'm guessing World Gen just neglects that fact and gives them books anyway.

I have the save backed up if you ever wanted to look at the legends. I'm going to have a gander myself now...

EDIT: Added the save file to DFFD, you can download it form the main post.
Deities can grant slabs with secrets to their followers, so books aren't necessary.

Tell me, what's the maximum lifespan of the cheetah people? The sooner they die, the sooner they'll be inclined to find immortality, I imagine.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 01:00:10 am »

So.... do these animal-people tribes send caravans in the winter? Do they also send visitors like other nearby civilizations (and thus clog your tavern with drunken cheetah-men)?

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 01:02:17 am »

Tell me, what's the maximum lifespan of the cheetah people? The sooner they die, the sooner they'll be inclined to find immortality, I imagine.

I haven't changed their max age, so it's 60-80 years. That probably explains why they are freaking out about dying.

I've been attacked by one necromancer now, and it appears that they are actually a Lion Person, they still have a max age of 60-80 years though.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:04:32 am »

So.... do these animal-people tribes send caravans in the winter? Do they also send visitors like other nearby civilizations (and thus clog your tavern with drunken cheetah-men)?

They do send caravans in the winter. I haven't yet had visitors, but I imagine they would come.

Have fun with those drunken cheetah men though, they are very light drinkers  ;)