Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager and the organzer skill  (Read 726 times)

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager and the organzer skill
« on: June 01, 2008, 05:44:00 am »

My citymanager died and think he was the only dwarf with the organizer skill.

I appointed a new one thinking he would catch up. But after some time he still doesnt show any progress in the organizer skill. Hes not doing any hauling or anything else except trading and has his own office

What will it take to make him learn and is my fortress running horribly inefficient because of it? Isnt he suppose to gain experience simply by approving orders which I assume he does automatically whenever I order dwarves to do or make something?

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager and the organzer skill
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 05:49:00 am »

Approving orders will gain your dwarf organizer skill. very slowly.
Magma is overrated.

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:00:00 am »

Ok. I was thinking of appointing a dwarf described as organized and prefers familiar routines. Would that speed things up or should I just stick with the one I have?

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:37:00 am »

As far as I know "organized" affects how much time he spends idle or something.
I've had dwarves with "loves making lists", but I'm not sure if that influences their Organizer skill.

Skill gain for manager depends on how many items she or he approves, not the number of jobs.
(So don't use 20 orders of 1 chair each, make the manager approve stacks of 30. ((j) (m) (q)) So for example, you could have him approve a page of "make 30 rock craft" jobs, then cancel the tasks and jobs, and repeat.