Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 196

Author Topic: The Occult Hobby - IC Chapter 1: The witch of the bloody hill  (Read 78773 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Occult Hobby - IC Chapter 1: The witch of the bloody hill
« Reply #2655 on: May 08, 2016, 01:24:10 pm »

Oliver stays at Emmett's place when she was asked not to go.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:29:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: May 08, 2016, 01:47:31 pm »

Oceanus nods, quickly piecing together the significance of her sister in relation to the story.
"I think I understand. You don't need to finish if you don't want to..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: May 08, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »

Serena, noticing the time, texts Emmett her location in the room so he can find her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: May 08, 2016, 02:18:30 pm »

But Emmett asked Oliver not to go.
Black lives matter.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: May 08, 2016, 02:20:10 pm »

((He suggested it that did not stop her.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: May 08, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »

Between then and now he specifically asked her not to go.
Black lives matter.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: May 08, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »

((.....you probably should have told me that))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: May 08, 2016, 02:25:06 pm »

((Not really, it was kind of obvious that's where it was going.))

Serena, noticing the time, texts Emmett her location in the room so he can find her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: May 08, 2016, 02:30:43 pm »

Oliver goes over to Emmett's living room and goes to talk to his parents curious.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: May 08, 2016, 02:32:30 pm »

"The cavern was long...and dark. But it was of more natural origin than...whatever this is here. It was actually a somewhat popular climbing spot, we just went...way deeper down. And not all that far from where we lived, in Nürenberg. It was pretty convenient, if you wanted to avoid the word "fate". I don't. Either way we..we made our way down there."

Morganas voice was starting to crack up. With every sentence, her voice grew evermore demanding to understand, under light hic-ups at first - heavy sobbing later, requiring as much hard work from the listened to take in, as it strained Morgana to force them out.

"And there it was, spewing forth black mist as if it had been waiting for us all along. I am not quite sure if it was a gas...or a liquid..or whatever, but it was heavier than air at least, and pooled at the bottom of the cavern. I was eager to take it in, while my sister, she was always the more cautious type. She wanted to take pictures and talked about how great a discovery it was, while I only wanted..one thing. As soon as I breathed it in, I could already feel the change...it was...intoxicating. It showed me images of the past, the present, the future, all layers of the multiverse, for this short moment it all made sense to me. And there my sister still stood, too afraid to take another step.

"Come forward, it's safe! It's indescribable, you've got to see this for yourself!", I said.

And so I grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her into that black pool. I..hic...I don't know what happened, I honestly don't. Perhaps she was rejected by the mist, or maybe it only accepts one person per cycle or maybe she just lacked whatever else it migth have taken, but she started coughing. Gripping and clawing at her throat, while the veins in her eyes turned red and popped and....maybe it was ust unbelievably poisonous. I..I  I didnt know what to do I..I ran and..and I left her there. My mother asked me what happened and...I didnt know what to say I..I made some stuff up about men with hoods and whatever else came into my mind. I probably contradicted myself a dozen times or so, the police really wasn't buying it, but lacking any other lead...The questioning took months. All the meanwhile, I kept visiting the black pool. At first to find her body, but there was none. Later, for the visions it gave me. These few times I sat there and took it in taught me more about magic than anything I found in the 6 years ever since then. Eventually the cycle ended, and the black mist withdrew, but not before showing me images of this very city. There is...something here that I need to find. I knew it. And so I went to my mother, and told her I wanted to live with my father. Of course I didnt want to...and neither did she but...but I knew this is what I had to do. If I let all of this...all of what happened just run down into the sand, if I let this, my fate pass here then my sister died for nothing. But my mother didn't want to let me go. Ever since my fathers boxing career had ended, he had taken... a few bad turns in life. So i..So I made a choice. By giving her none. I..I..hic..I told her that it was all her fault. That I knew what she did to my sist-it was all a lie of course. I just made things up so she would hate me so I could go."

Here she broke into incomprehensile wailing and whimpering, and not a single word beyond that made it out of her for the rest of the evening. She went on, and on, and would not come to pass until a good 3 hours had passed and she could go on no more, of screaming and lamenting, and venting all that which she had kept down for so very too long.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:34:44 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: May 08, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

Oceanus sighs and just hugs her until she had cried herself out. He didn't say anything, he just held her firmly stroking her hair gently.
"... You know... this house is a little large for just three people. And I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind if you stayed here...

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: May 08, 2016, 02:56:58 pm »

((whoa, edgy
wait til I show off Christina's edgy backstory where she killed HER sister with a straight razor))
thincake

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: May 08, 2016, 03:02:10 pm »

Morgana whiped her snot away.

"No. I know what you are thinking, but...you see I deserve this. I...I killed my sister. Not...on purpose, really, but that is what happened. And if that wasn't enough, I went and pissed my life away in the pursuit of my obsession. I have nowhere left to go but forward, and I deserve every fist, belt and flatiron I get on the way. This is the price I pay, a worthless person like me does not deserve any better."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: May 08, 2016, 03:04:04 pm »

"You're wrong. No one deserves that kind of treatment."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: May 08, 2016, 03:05:30 pm »

Morgana returned to her silence. She lacked mettle to argue any further now.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 196