Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Tribal Warfare  (Read 920 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Tribal Warfare
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:06:00 am »

"Oh no, what unlucky dwarf has stumbled across a goblin ambush..." ~but to my suprise, there are none nearby.

Nope, this alert zoomed me halfway across the map, near a goblin Obsidian settlement which I happened to embark next to. No dwarves anywhere near there. Watching the group, I unpause the game. A red "g" prompty flies through the air.

They're only a bunch of Macegoblins and a Lasher, with barely any decent stats. Imagine my suprise, then, as I witnessed them systematically hunt down and murder all of the goblin guards in the area, climb to the top level of the main tower, encounter "Aslot Sadsnamoz" - Legendary Lasher and local Goblin Leader - and utterly destroy him. I mean, he flew back at least five spaces after a very brief scuff. His corpse is mangled. And none of these invaders have yet to suffer a single injury in their assault.

Well, I suppose that solves one of my problems... though I was kind of looking forward to that particular epic showdown with my own army... *grumble*

But now you'll have to excuse me, while I attend to this group of bloodthirsty murderous killing machines currently approaching my fort. I'm only in my second year, all I have are a bunch of novice, naked Wresters for a military... but surely they can't be that tough... right?

/me looks once again at the grisly murder scenes

...Right?... ;_;

Later edit: Heh, they weren't all that bad. I lost one wrestler and about 5 regular dwarves. Two subsequent ambushes have massacred a Dwarven caravan and given my army a couple of brain injuries to deal with, but in the end, my weapon and armour stocks have tripled from all the loot!

[ June 01, 2008: Message edited by: Moogie ]

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Tribal Warfare
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:35:00 am »

I think that the goblin tower population wasn't properly hostile to the attackers hence did not fight back.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
Re: Goblin Tribal Warfare
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:38:00 am »

I had the same thing, but the goblins in the tower fought back.  Many of them were druids or something, and unarmed, but the armed ones made quick work of the ambushers.  But after 8 years or so, the ambushers have finally worn away the tower-dwellers, but they can't seem to decide on the proper route to my fortress, so they're dancing around at the far end of the mountain.

Be sure to forbid the bodies, unless you want your dwarves running around in the tower.  Lost 5 or so like that before I figured out what was going on.