Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Survive the Hive (0/6) (40K RtD)  (Read 1980 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Survive the Hive (0/6) (40K RtD)
« on: January 04, 2016, 07:24:02 am »

On a barren world lost in the nothingness of space, a grasping spire of twisted iron reaches enviously for the stars. This spire is Hive Gortech, a nightmare land where blinding extravagance dances with crippling poverty, where both holy hymn and bullet-fire sing a song of eternal strife, where demigods laugh from their silver thrones, while you wallow in filth and flame.

You will take this no more. You and others of the same mind have decided to escape the underhive of Gortech, to pull down the cracked jewel of nobility and swarm them with fire and vengeance.

Looking deeply into a shattered mirror, you realize what this hell has made you, what the fires of strife have forged.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics and Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Examples (click to show/hide)

Characters:

Waitlist:

((Not first-come, first-served. Take time with the biography, but quality over quantity! I'm planning for a good amount of roleplaying, but I'll cater to other playstyles as well.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:30:19 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive the Hive (0/6) (40K RtD)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:28:17 pm »

Sheet in preparation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the meantime:
  • "six stats in the game: Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Agility, and Faith." = Should that by just five or is there one missing? I counted just 5 in "Emperor's Tarot" options.
  • How many players at one time do you see this adventure can fit?

EDIT1: added sheet
EDIT2: changed sheet according to "you basically have 5 HP at the start"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:01:52 am by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 05:57:30 pm »

Spoiler: twitches (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming reduced stats can get back to normal, right?

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »

In. I'm gonna be a psyker. Probably gonna be executed :).

Name: Alex
Emperor's Tarot: Psyker

Biography: Alex seemed to have a normal childhood, or at least one for one living on a hive world. The only odd thing about him was a lack of empathy for others, even as a citizen of the Imperium. Nonetheless, he was a hard working citizen. His psychic powers first materialized in his late teens, helping him survive an attack. An independent citizen, he now has even more responsibility, and much more likely to get into trouble. He wasn't going to give up on survival, though. He's heard stories and read forbidden books of ships taking psykers, never to be seen again. He wasn't going to become on of them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:35:44 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »

Sheet in preparation
EDIT:

In the meantime:
  • "six stats in the game: Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Agility, and Faith." = Should that by just five or is there one missing? I counted just 5 in "Emperor's Tarot" options.
  • How many players at one time do you see this adventure can fit?

1. Nope, that was an error on my part :p
2. Six players, and it doesn't matter if their Tarot overlaps, as long as character-wise they're different enough. Even if everyone had different Tarots, but were all exactly the same dark, brooding type, it would be boring.

Spoiler: twitches (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming reduced stats can get back to normal, right?

With different items, yes, though the loss of those items will cause the loss of the stat again.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »

To clarify, I meant stats that got reduced due to a bad roll. Could you maybe explain the whole stats reduced -> death system some more? because right now it looks like the first bad roll you get will start a direct spiral to death, for as far as I understand things.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »

This space reserved
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 05:32:58 am »

To clarify, I meant stats that got reduced due to a bad roll. Could you maybe explain the whole stats reduced -> death system some more? because right now it looks like the first bad roll you get will start a direct spiral to death, for as far as I understand things.

There will be different support and healing items to bring back stats up to snuff, like medicae kits. The reduced stats system is me being hipster and not using an HP system, but if you translated it to an HP system, you basically have 5 HP at the start.

Yeah, that's what I was going for; a bad roll starting a spiral to death. You'll have the other players to back you up, and combat isn't the only way to resolve problems in this RTD.
Dying of laughter?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:08:28 am »

There will be different support and healing items to bring back stats up to snuff, like medicae kits. The reduced stats system is me being hipster and not using an HP system, but if you translated it to an HP system, you basically have 5 HP at the start.

Yeah, that's what I was going for; a bad roll starting a spiral to death. You'll have the other players to back you up, and combat isn't the only way to resolve problems in this RTD.
OK, I edited my sheet. So Tarrot means "one is +1, one is -1" and if you lose some stat it changes by -0.5. If you have CON 1 and lose it, you have CON 1 minus (0,5 with rounding up). If you have CON 1 minus and lose it it gets reduced to CON 0. Similarly for gaining stats, just with rounding down (1 -> 1 plus -> 2). CON 0 means -1 to CON rolls, CON 1 means +0 to CON rolls, CON 2 means +1 to CON rolls. Similarly for other stats. If all your stats go down to 0 you are dead. Am I right?

EDIT: CON +1 means +1 to CON rolls -> CON 2 means +1 to CON rolls
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:38:59 am by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 07:13:24 am »

CON 0 means -1 to CON rolls, CON1 means +0 to CON rolls, CON +1 means +1 to CON rolls. Similarly for other stats. If all your stats go down to 0 you are dead. Am I right?

Yup, right you are. :)
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 10:00:42 pm »

Bump. Need three more (two if mcclay gets his character done).
Dying of laughter?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 10:24:35 am »

I'll join. Gimme a sec to come up with a character.

Talkal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »

Character sheet

My first post on this forum, played some R2D's years ago, and I hope I'll fit in here. :)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 02:55:08 pm »

((would love to join))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 06:20:22 pm »

Character sheet

My first post on this forum, played some R2D's years ago, and I hope I'll fit in here. :)

Welcome to Bay12 Talkal!

Dying of laughter?