Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with Jaccarmac's turn?

Continue afterwards
- 8 (66.7%)
Continue before
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux  (Read 26734 times)

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
Re: "The Strip" Tavern Fortress Succesion Game Redux
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2016, 12:05:24 am »

Write-up is up. Are we ready to decide which save we pick up? Is rupdeus ready to pick up said save?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2016, 12:13:59 am »

Where's the save link?  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11863

Is it this one, ends in Late Autumn 106?  And NO FOOD!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:25:39 am by Sanctume »

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2016, 03:35:14 am »

Ehehe.

As detailed above, I ran out of time and displayed nothing short of massive incompetence.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:37 pm »

I've made a poll so everyone can decide if they want, but it's really up to Rup where we start from. I'm thinking we continue from afterwards, but it's not my decision :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2016, 12:50:57 pm »

He did play the turn, didn't he?
One wheel short of a wagon

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2016, 01:02:44 pm »

My beard!  I looked at the save and had to calm myself down by playing StarDew Valley all weekend instead.

The Strip feels claustrophobic for being 1-tile high embark with a volcano in the middle.  I just want to flood the entire thing in magma for some reason to end the 117 hungry dwarves' misery.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2016, 01:17:15 pm »

Designate literally every plant on the map for gathering, if food is a problem, and start cooking booze if possible

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

It's Rupdeus' turn.  Did he acknowledge this yet?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2016, 01:54:19 pm »

Designate literally every plant on the map for gathering, if food is a problem, and start cooking booze if possible

There's not much booze, either.  29 units on the last screen shot, for 117 beards.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:46 pm »

Mill seeds then. Or cook them.

jaccarmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • jaccarmac.com
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2016, 01:55:38 pm »

Hate to do this after my embarrassing turn, but... Are we dead?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »

Perhaps Sanctume should jump in.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2016, 03:22:12 pm »

Perhaps Sanctume should jump in.

Sure, I'll play with the download tonight.  May the herbalists and brewers live and survive the famine.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2016, 09:46:05 pm »

Good luck, I'm not sure what's going to happen :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 03:49:19 am »

The Strip - Chapter 1: Hunger Strikes

Sparring with my silver war hammer makes thirsty work.  I frown as I slurp the last drops of beer from my water skin.

“I be gone ‘en get beer,” I grumble.

Lor halts me, “Sanctume, you will only be disappointment if you go, the brewers says there’s little booze left, and there’s a mob in the kitchen.”

“What mob?”

Lor shows her empty backpack, “there’s no more rations for the entire strip, and the workers are hungry.”

“Where’s the overseer?"

Lor shrugs but points at the wooden building outside, “ask Galena.”

--

I sense chaos as I walked out the bright sun.  Oh that was just me chaotic stomach, as I vomit on the dirt path. 

People are starting to panic because there are no food available.  To make matter worse, big-ass monkeys are harassing and interrupting those who continue to work out here. 

The squads were mobilized to kill the monkeys.  We all gave chase and retch along they way for being exposed to sunlight.

--

I found Galena in a rather large wooden building with bridges constructed on its second level.  I walk in the building and in this large space, there is only one set of table and throne in the middle. 

“Hey you, people are starving.  Why don’t you order some barrels, brew booze, cook meals?”

Galena sneers at me, “what do you know of organizing?  Can’t you see, I am busy here?”

“Look, you obviously are not going a good job, infact, you are fired!”

Galena smirks, “you’re not the boss of me.  In fact, there is no boss.  The overseer is gone.”

“Gone?  You don’t realize that I can choose to oversee this now? In fact, I claim the rutile hat, err the overlordness, ahh, I mean the overseer job.”

Galena’s face reddens, “I, umm…”

“Just get out of here.”

Now I wonder why I put myself in this position.  I just want a beer refill.  I went back out the sun and still feeling sick.  “Hey you, what’s your name?”

“Deduk”

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing. I have no job.”

“You do now, you’re now the manager and bookkeeper and here’s your office.  And order some booze and food for the workers.”

On my way back inside, I recruited 8 dabbling herbalist to gather plants right away.  I nicknamed them "Herb, so when I say 'Hey Herb,' they all look! " 
Spoiler: Herb Workers (click to show/hide)

I dispersed the mob crowding the lone kitchen. “Get out of here until dinner is ready.  Get back to work.  There’s a well there, go drink water.  Don't fall in!”

The brewers and cooks started to complaint and I told them I’m not the mayor.  Go build 3 more stills, and 3 more kitchens here on top of these empty seed stockpile.

I ordered another butcher shop in the middle of the hall and marked most of the stray adult animals for slaughter. 

“We’re going to have some roasts for dinner.  Don't forget the monkeys outside.  Get me beer!  This is thirsty work.
Those pig tails, brew them,  These plump helmet spawns, cook them.
Oh no you don’t!  Do not ever cook booze unless they are abundant.  Dig this area, when it is filled with barrels of drinks, you can cook some booze then.”

--

I go outside again and it makes me feel sad.  “I think this strip need some bling.”
The six magma smelters are a cluttered with gold bars, almost 2000 of them according to Deduk.

I ordered a room dug above the magma smelters to store the gold bars, and above that to store gold ores. 

I then ordered a road from inside the fortress all the way out to the east.  Unfortunately, the gold road is smeared with green vomit.  But it is quite acceptable and tastefully arranged.  That's someone's opinion.  I did not taste it.

Trees that were felled left gaping holes above the farms.  I had the farm exposed to the sun, then floored over them to build a building adjacent to the manager’s office.

I also ordered 8 step ladders and allowed gathering from the trees where the animal pastures are in the south.

With the gathered plants, plenty of plant variety are seeded in the farm plots: strawberry, raspberry, rhubarb, cranberry, rye, white millet, fisher berry, prickle berry, and some other non-berry make great booze.

There are still the underground crops to maintain old favorites.  I wonder if vomit on farm plots adds flavor to the harvest.

--

On the 1st of Opal, Mid-Winter, a Marsh Titan has come. It’s is made of snow!
I still assigned a “Safety Inside” burrow, and ordered the workers inside.

The Influential Staves and The Fed Bells are ordered to kill the marsh titan with me leading the way. I killed snow as easily as I pee after drinking a barrel of beer.

--

For the rest of winter, I focus on organizing the workshops.  I used gold bars instead of stone blocks for the building.  The ashery uses gold bucket and barrel, and the soaper uses a gold bucket also.

Spring arrives, and we are still 117 citizens strong (no one died!) with some booze and food increasing in stock.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15