Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bunnys and Cats and Dogs in the wild??  (Read 936 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bunnys and Cats and Dogs in the wild??
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:07:19 pm »

Okay so this bugs me, why cant they be in the wild? If i were to apply biome tags to them what are the negative consequences of doing this?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Bunnys and Cats and Dogs in the wild??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 04:05:04 pm »

Well, I am pretty sure that in the case of dogs, it's because dogs are domesticated wolves and probably would never exist had human not existed.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »

I have seen wild rabbits in the temperate wilds.
Cats are Dogs in real life were selective breed from other animals so many times that they became their own species. In this case they were always with civilized society and were never in the wild naturally.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:24:42 pm »

Rabbits, horses, both types of camels and some domesticated birds can be found in the wild.  I think yaks and muskox, too.

Toady added some giant sized animals for this version.  Not sure if there are giant cats and giant dogs.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:00:04 pm »

Dingo
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:14:48 pm »

Rabbits, horses, both types of camels and some domesticated birds can be found in the wild.  I think yaks and muskox, too.

Toady added some giant sized animals for this version.  Not sure if there are giant cats and giant dogs.
Toady mentioned there aren't any domestic giant animals because they have no set biome. However, he's considering having strays adopt abandoned towns, which may lead to them becoming people/giant due to encountering forces. Which, as you can imagine, isn't a simple quick-fix and will probably wait until the artifact arc when animal-people origins are properly defined.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:09:37 am »

I have seen giant camels before, though they have their own biome.