Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 124

Author Topic: The Occult Hobby - OOC  (Read 83427 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Occult Hobby - OOC
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »

a question
1.I have two character ideas and I don't know which is better
   I. A son of missionary who traveled a lot,causing him to be home-schooled for most of his life. His father has come back to the region where he was born and is now teaching linguistics a local university. Is knows both the Turkish language, and English language and can speak simple sentences in Greek and Latin. He wants to become a teacher. He is extroverted and often feels no one understands him.He is somewhat stupid.He is stubborn and mule-headed.He procrastinates a lot which causes his grades to suffer (except in language arts and gym).
thinks he is super strong. (he is actually just above average)

II. Daniel Jacobson is a child who was born to a somewhat-wealthy family. His parents died in a car crash when he was 6, and his evil aunt became his guardian and out of malice against his parents she kept him out of of school and had him work as what was essentially a slave for two years . Another relative(grandfather) of his found out about it and saved him, unfortunately he was two year late at starting school.However because of his intelligence he managed to skip a grade putting him only a year behind. He hopes by working hard he will recover the other grade as well.His grandfather is richer than the average for his family.He has a fascination with swords.He loves running/jogging.He recently developed an interest in basketball.He enjoys reading non-fiction.He enjoys cooking and drawing. He has had a year of piano class and is trying to teach himself Latin.He also has a tendency to try to do to many things at once.When something goes wrong he blames himself. He alternates between being humble and being prideful depending upon the whether. he is a hard worker. he eats a peppermint candy anytime he does well at something.Height is 5'5".He has brown wavy hair which he keeps laid back and at medium length along with hazel eyes.His skin is slightly pale.He wears vests whenever he has the chance to.he has long legs and a thin frame.His grades are usually  A's
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:05:04 am by High tyrol »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

a question
1.I have two character ideas and I don't know which is better
   I. A son of missionary who traveled a lot,causing him to be home-schooled for most of his life. His father has come back to the region where he was born and is now teaching linguistics a local university. Is knows both the Turkish language, and English language and can speak simple sentences in Greek and Latin. He wants to become a teacher. He is extroverted and often feels no one understands him.He is somewhat stupid.He is stubborn and mule-headed.He procrastinates a lot which causes his grades to suffer (except in language arts and gym).
thinks he is super strong. (he is actually just above average)
  II. A child who was born to a somewhat-wealthy  family. His parents died in a car crash when he was 6, and his evil aunt became his guardian and out of malice against his parents she kept him out of of school and had him work as what was essentially a slave for two years . Another relative(grandfather) of his found out about it and saved him, unfortunately he was two year late at starting school. however because of his intelligence he managed to skip a grade putting him only a year behind. He hopes by working hard he will recover the other grade as well. His grandfather is richer than the average for his family. He has a fascination with swords. he loves running/jogging.he recently developed an interest in basketball.he enjoys reading non-fiction. he has a thin build. he enjoys cooking and drawing. he has had a year of piano class and is trying to teach himself Latin. he also has a tendency to try to do to many things at once. When something goes wrong he blames himself.
He alternates between being humble and being pridefull depending upon the whether.
I like the second one.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:39 am »

Oliver dosent like this teacher already calling her a dude.

eh? since when is oliver a girls name, really now
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2016, 12:41:03 am »

Oliver dosent like this teacher already calling her a dude.

eh? since when is oliver a girls name, really now
Her middle name is Amy if that changes anything and oliver is a fitting name search up oliver name meaning and you'll find out why.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2016, 12:42:31 am »

Oh and Oliver's probably going to the principals office I'm guessing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2016, 12:43:21 am »

well duh
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:24 am »

well duh
She has the option to outsmart her but that's kinda all she's got if she can't escape her grip.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2016, 01:38:41 am »

I mean, Oliver does come across as a tomboy, and it's been noticed that the teacher is... basically insufferable.
I think the misunderstanding makes for a good character clash (If a little bit too loud).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2016, 01:40:35 am »

The teacher is more sympathetic than Oliver to me :P
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2016, 01:42:34 am »

Someone's getting fucking fired for this.
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2016, 01:44:36 am »

Oliver, of course
thincake

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2016, 01:44:48 am »

Yeah. Oliver seems like a bit of a brat. But that's how their sheet described 'em.
Can someone say 'expulsion risk?'

In other news: A bunch of kids currently sitting in the suddenly empty classroom like 'So... We're that class then?'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2016, 01:45:55 am »

I mean, Oliver does come across as a tomboy, and it's been noticed that the teacher is... basically insufferable.
I think the misunderstanding makes for a good character clash (If a little bit too loud).
If the teacher had been nicer Oliver still would have been a dick but much less of one more likely just a scowl but she would have done what the teacher asked simply to get it over with but this teacher Oliver's ego demands victory!
The teacher is more sympathetic than Oliver to me :P
Oliver's kinda meant to be a dick at least on the surface but she can be caring and respectful if she feels youve earned her respect/trust
Ways to do that off the top of my head
-save her life
-stand up for her
-generally put up with Oliver's abuse and she'll see you as brave and worthy of her
-Adopt her she's your BFF she'll love you forever.
-Compliment her dat ego it loves being encouraged thou this might take a few days.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2016, 01:48:31 am »

Oliver, of course
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2016, 01:50:18 am »

Emmett, being Emmett, is actually using his phone but only to look at the same picture of a trash can he'd been looking at for the past ten minutes.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 124