Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 124

Author Topic: The Occult Hobby - OOC  (Read 83408 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The Occult Hobby - OOC
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2016, 05:07:38 pm »

*sigh*
That's not how it works. 
The computer logic is supposed to form the summoning circle or whatever, in the actual structure of the logic, it's not...Downloading or something.

Yes you will definitely risk your head with the demon or daemon or what have you, but you don't risk your head while summoning said because of whatever it is that actually does the legwork eating your brains.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2016, 05:08:35 pm »

TheBiggerFish. You do realize that you are arguing about how the setting works WITH THE GM. I.E. THE ONE WHO MADE THE SETTING.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2016, 05:08:57 pm »

Here's the thing TBF, Akroma has said it's not possible. It's her setting, just leave it be.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2016, 05:09:20 pm »

*sigh*
That's not how it works.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »

*shrug*

I suppose I should just retract my sheet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »

yeah, well, that's a tragedy.

which reminds me, this is something people may come across a lot in this game. That is, magic not working how they imagined it. In that case, I strongly suggest reacting to that in-character.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:12:38 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2016, 05:11:02 pm »

Pretty sure you just need to stop trying to dictate the setting when you're not the GM.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2016, 05:12:01 pm »

eligor will punish you for your arrogance
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »

*shrug*

or you could, i dunno

make your character conform to the rules of the world set out by the gm

crazy, i know

but i think its crazy enough to work
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »

No one cares if you leave TBF. You're the one who chose this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2016, 05:13:05 pm »

@Twinwolf, Blitz: Please stop.  Thank you.

@kj:Yes, I get that.  All the same, officially retracting my sheet was what I felt was right to do.  Therefore I did it.

@Akroma: Good for you, enjoy your game, all the standard boilerplate, I am done here.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2016, 05:13:47 pm »

eligor will punish you for your arrogance
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2016, 05:18:20 pm »

The character itself conforms with the rules. It's just that if he wants to make a computer program that summons demons, he literaly has zero existing in-game sources of knowledge on how that could possibly work. Even the most in-depth knowledge in the rarest and most well hidden tomes, written by the demonologists that surely stood at the peak of mankinds ability to summon would have left no knowledge behind that could be useful for that kind of thing. Because frankly, those guys had had unimaginable magical powers, they glimpsed behind the veil of reality, but not in their wildest, most feverish nightmares would they be able to imagine what the fuck a computer is.

So frankly, the character, who doesn't even know how normal summoning works, and has maybe advanced amateur knowledge on how computers work, would have to re-invent summoning from scratch.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:19:52 pm by Akroma »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »

*shrug*

Bye dude....now he won't be in almost all my games oh wait he probably still is in the vast majority of them.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2016, 05:20:38 pm »

Wait...

Okay, explain how summoning works, then?  Because I think we've been thinking of summoning and thinking different things.

And I was NEVER saying that I'd have any clue what I was doing.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 124