Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE] OOC (Players Needed)  (Read 24611 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE] OOC (1 slot left)
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »

Yeah, I was planning to call it a tenday, but I slipped up with the "week's wages" line.
So yeah, hopefully I'll term them correctly from now on, but if I slip up again, I'm very likely referring to the unnecessarily elongated "week" in this game's time.

Oh yeah, if you were to hire men you'd also have to choose whether to pay for food, arms and lodging. I had kind of wanted to start y'all off rather small though- a group of 10 or less.
Sadly, in a city like this, it'll be hard to find work which warrants hiring even that many.

That being said, it's Nahib's loan.
I could just do a rapport check and x1000?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »

Yes, I also imagined starting small but I imagined being able to support (including food, arms and lodging) around five to six hirelings reliably for two or three months without going into the red. Nabih would prefer to purchase a building and make an office/barracks out of it than to keep paying lodging in inns or whatever. That way he could also rent any remaining room as a warehouse, with free protection since there are armed people in the same building.

Sure. Even better if the Rapport check benefited from intense haggling.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2016, 05:24:09 pm »

Ok, it's nearly 5000 silver for a single bedroom, single kitchen home.
I'm gonna have to also put in a markup on the standard pricings if it'd cut into the cliff face.
To get enough cash for a barracks, support staff and a few hirelings... That's a really hefty sum.
The cash check, in any case:
[Rapport=8]
8000 silver, for a roll of +3.
Very not bad.

Anywho Caellath, we can make the assumption that your shopping-list exposition was sent via letter to your recruiter, save you having to repeat it all.
You get to choose though, as to whether that middleman is an NPC, or is Riskiss.
I mean, the NPC will probably know the goblin lass anyway.
Either way you'll need to make a contacts check to create advantage, looking for an Labor acquisitions expert or Mercenary contact.
Which... I'm not really sure applies to Riskiss, actually.

RPGeek. She's been in the city a while. Would this kinda thing be down Riskiss's alley?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:22:31 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2016, 06:07:26 pm »

So is Lu Bu accepted?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2016, 06:55:55 pm »

I'll be honest, I probably won't bring him in.
Spoiler: Reasoning (click to show/hide)

'Cos there's a few people who aren't that invested in this, I might just re-create the OOC and start fresh, save people having to get taunted by it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »

Is that amount all loaned, or is mixed with personal funds? And how about renting a a small barracks or some place that could work as one, how much would that be?

Yeah, I was expecting you to roll Contacts for me on that. And since the "quality" of the contact can be influenced by the result (succeed with style/fail/etc), then I think a NPC is probably be best call.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2016, 10:08:46 pm »

I'll be honest, I probably won't bring him in.
Spoiler: Reasoning (click to show/hide)

'Cos there's a few people who aren't that invested in this, I might just re-create the OOC and start fresh, save people having to get taunted by it.
Spoiler: meh, It's ok (click to show/hide)

Whatever happens, still going to watch this game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:14:51 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2016, 05:43:00 am »

Is that amount all loaned, or is mixed with personal funds? And how about renting a a small barracks or some place that could work as one, how much would that be?

That's the loaned amount. Personal funds, however, I definitely want to be closer to that of the other players. I'll say 400 silver.

Ghamina, I'll say got 5 silver per day, paid two seasons in advance.
One of which it probably took to travel here. So that's 300 silver.

Riskiss, I need to communicate further, but will likely also have a fair bit of cash.

Leaving Larok the only poor one.

As for rooms-
If you're after rent you're best off just renting a flophouse- barracks aren't that common in the city, and most men of a company camp outside during tradesday.

Digging a bunk area to hold 10 men will run 4000 silver, and take 24 days.
The sytem I'm using has buildings built by the room- so eventually you'd need to also build a kitchen, etc etc.
Sadly the system doesn't also have something in place for real-estate. So you could either buy land in the city, or just dig, build or liberate a hideout somewhere at the base of the cliffs further away.

By the way, contracts are usually offered every tenday and completion expected by the next, so hired mercenaries are usually hired as such. Expecting to keep them around for a month without them earning is a bit pointless, unless you plan to run the city.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »

Mercenary contact, maybe. She might know a captain or two, but labor acquisitions might be more suitable. Always handy to have someone to keep you safe. Or make others un.

Riskiss should also probably have a safehouse or two plus maybe some classy places she's mooching they could stay at, I suppose.

I dunno. Still trying to flesh out exactly how high up and established versus gambler-style con artist she is. Probably leaning more towards the long game, control rather than money, and all, though.

Sidenote: Anyone got good stunt ideas? I'm not entirely sure how to make stunts that suit Riskiss well, beyond ones that seems redundant or overly obvious.

Maybe Dulcet Tones gives a +2 bonus to Rapport when used to establish trust/get someone to like her(first impressions sorta thing, I suppose), or +2 with people she's slept with? Not sure which one would fit better/be more fitting for a stunt?

Not really sure what to do with the third one, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:44:47 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2016, 01:31:51 pm »

I use first impression roles liberally, so it's a good idea.
For the third- I think there's a stock one which let's you use Decieve instead of provoke if you're attempting to hurt someone with a lie.

Caellath,
I think I'll need to change Nabih's contacts stunt to be more specific and a +2.
-Extensive Network: Gain a +3 bonus to Contacts when using it to Create an Advantage to know the perfect person for a specific purpose.
-Extensive Trade Network: Gain a +2 bonus to Contacts when using it to Create an Advantage to know the perfect person trading in specific goods or services.
Does that seem ok?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:51:19 pm by Tack »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2016, 04:43:41 pm »

Hmmm...

What about being able to redirect stress/consequences to other people when they're mental or something?

Like, I get I should have something useful for combat, but I just have a hard time figuring out what would suit her for that.

Also: Dulcet Tones: +2 to Rapport when first establishing a relationship/impression with someone.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2016, 06:37:56 pm »

Seems a bit OP though.

Honestly in combat you could literally stand back and create advantages using your rapport and Decieve.
There's a stock stunt which lets you attack with Stealth if they're unaware.
Maybe one which lets you attack with Decieve for the first hit, as though you appear a noncombatant until you actually pull steel.

But as Riskiss isn't big on killing, maybe one which gives an extra free invoke on certain lies or rallying cries, to help you go full bard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »

Larok's other stunts:
-Kill
-Super Kill
-So Killed Your Ghost's Dead Too
-Anger
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »

Seems a bit OP though.

Honestly in combat you could literally stand back and create advantages using your rapport and Decieve.
There's a stock stunt which lets you attack with Stealth if they're unaware.
Maybe one which lets you attack with Decieve for the first hit, as though you appear a noncombatant until you actually pull steel.

But as Riskiss isn't big on killing, maybe one which gives an extra free invoke on certain lies or rallying cries, to help you go full bard.
That'd be interesting. What do invokes do again?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 08:32:43 pm »

Basically a free +2 bump, if the aspect/consequence/boost relates.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25