Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dragon Stories!  (Read 1940 times)

Helleshin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Stories!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

I had an amusing encounter with a dragon a while back. Dude came in and, after burning a couple bridges, decided to check out the inside of my fortress. Well, he tripped over a cage trap I had set up after the previous dragon attack. So here I am with a caged dragon. I'm thinking "Hey, I think I'll tame it!". So I do. Then comes the fun part. I just let it roam free. So I've got a tame dragon wandering around. He's pretty much a curiosity for a couple months, then suddenly BAM, the main hallway's a mass of fire. Figure the guy saw a butterfly or something. So, gradually, all the dwarves walk through there. Some die in the fire, some make it through to die from their wounds later. This takes about two years. This whole time, a cat and a kitten are just hanging out, basking in the midst of the ragin inferno. Eventually the cat succumbs to the heat, but the kitten lives on and becomes a cat. The dragon, meanwhile, has died from the fire he started. Eventually, the fires die out and my fortress has gone from 87 dwarves to one bedridden child. Just to add insult to injury, a titan wanders by outside and chases a cow all over half the map before falling in the river and drowning. Unfortunately, no migrants came before the child died, so my fort was toast.
Pages: 1 [2]