Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod Update Problems - 34.11 to 42.04  (Read 646 times)

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod Update Problems - 34.11 to 42.04
« on: December 31, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

Hey guys, I've recently been working on updating the Fallout Equestria mod to the most recent patch, but I'm having a few issues and need to ask for help from some more experienced modders on what I should be looking for.

1. Instruments are not craft-able at the moment, and I can't find any part of the raws that the procedural data would be in.
2. All book production isn't working. I've added in all the items, but they aren't appearing.
3. Is there a way to make trees not have leaves? Or the least to turn trees into bushes?
4. Stepladders are also not appearing despite adding them.

Thanks for any help you can give.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Mod Update Problems - 34.11 to 42.04
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »

Are you adding the proper tags to the entity files?  Instruments require tags for entities to generate them.  Books need reactions in the reaction files and must be added to the entities.  Stepladders must also be added to the entity file.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:40 pm »

1) Look at `raw/objects/examples and notes` for instrument examples. You need a custom reaction to make the parts and put them together

2) I'm not sure. Your civ needs to value knowledge to generate books, I think. Also, are they available to your civ?
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL_ROLLERS]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_BINDING]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SCROLL]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_QUIRE]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOKCASE]

3) Remove all of the [GROWTH:XXXX] tags from the trees. You may want to use regular expressions.

4) Are they available to your civ?
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_STEPLADDER]
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Necro991

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »

@IndigoFenix - I'll check on that, but I'm sure I added the book reaction files and the stepladders, but I'll check again.

@Zarathustra30 - I'll check on all of those, fairly certain these are what I missed.

Thanks, both of you!