Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Big Top Mafia Game over town and jester victory  (Read 47586 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Top Mafia (4/9) Day 4 - For the first time no one died
« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2016, 06:12:22 pm »

I watched ATH. No movement.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

I blocked O. Wilde. TMS kept being just a bit too obvious with pointing out who the other SK is - why would one SK out another if it isn't going to help them win? Also, if I was wrong and there was still a kill, ATH would lynched the next day and we would still win. There wasn't a kill this morning, which seemed to immediately point to O. Wilde being scum, but then I realized something - my block told us nothing.

The problem is that not killing is the optimal play for the SK right now. If ATH was the SK, he'd have done nothing, forcing us to lynch someone today. If O. Wilde was the SK, he would try to force a lynch on me by claiming that he saw no one visit ATH.

NQT: Are you a VT? I saw that you got mod-confirmed as town but I didn't find your role claim.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »

I blocked O. Wilde.
Nope.

TheDarkStar confirmed as scum. Game over.

Last night I watched O.Wilde's trailer and nobody visited him.

NQT: Are you a VT? I saw that you got mod-confirmed as town but I didn't find your role claim.
I can watch trailers at night. Also, we already had a conversation where you claimed blocking me, hence why apparently I couldn't see the SK kill Jack (who I watched N1). Next time, try and keep the facts in mind.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 11, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »

Okay then you TDS explain yourself now.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 11, 2016, 07:16:55 pm »

Okay then you TDS explain yourself now.

I'm sorry, I think I messed up.

As it turns out, I forgot to send in an action last night. I saw a PM in my PM box and I thought it was a confirmation of my action, but it was unrelated. So I didn't act last night.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 11, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »

Anyway, this makes one of ATH and O. Wilde scum. O. Wilde has a roleclaim and a set of night actions he's done, so ATH is probably the SK.

NQT: What have the results of your other night actions been?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2016, 07:38:10 pm »

I'm not the sk it's definitely either You or o.wilde or NQT if he's the most lucky scum in the world but I find that extremely unlikely but me not having a list of night actions only further proves im VT.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2016, 07:51:45 pm »

I'm not the sk it's definitely either You or o.wilde or NQT if he's the most lucky scum in the world but I find that extremely unlikely but me not having a list of night actions only further proves im VT.

How does that prove you VT?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »

It doesn't because I can't prove anything I don't have the abilty to do that and the only real proof I can give you is paraphrased flavor text for my role.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »

It doesn't because I can't prove anything I don't have the abilty to do that and the only real proof I can give you is paraphrased flavor text for my role.

Who do you suspect, then? What do you think we should do? ATH, you haven't really done much in the way of finding scum this game.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »

I don't have much to go on right now honestly I know it's either you or o.wilde and I'm trying to.gather my thoughts I'd also like to hear o.wilie more before I vote so I'm gonna start rereading the thread and looking everyones posts over again.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2016, 07:53:30 am »

I watched ATH. No movement.
No movement from ATH?

I'm sorry, I think I messed up.

As it turns out, I forgot to send in an action last night. I saw a PM in my PM box and I thought it was a confirmation of my action, but it was unrelated. So I didn't act last night.
That's a bit bloody convenient. (Kicking myself now, should have asked you for your night flavour and caught you in the lie if you were lying. Next time.)

Anyway, this makes one of ATH and O. Wilde scum. O. Wilde has a roleclaim and a set of night actions he's done, so ATH is probably the SK.
Hmm. If the SK isn't watcher-immune then you must be the blocker. The one SK we did kill wasn't watcher-immune so this lends credence to your claim. And as such, ATH must be scum.

NQT: What have the results of your other night actions been?
N1 Jack: No visit. N2 TDS: No visit. N3 O.Wilde: No visit.

Unvote

Either we do the typical MYLO thing and wait another night, but there's no guarantee that scum'll kill. OR we kill ATH now and gamble that the SK is just a regular SK with no additional special traits.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 12, 2016, 08:08:36 am »

Clarification: ATH did not visit anyone.

I have a solution to this. TDS is claiming role blocker, so we no lynch tonight, TDS blocks ATH, which I watch. If TDS does not visit someone or ATH turns up dead, TDS is scum. NQT watches me, so if I die you'll know who killed me.

Basically, if I die, NQT can tell us the perp, and if I don't, we know that TDS is either a watcher or the killer.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 12, 2016, 08:18:02 am »

Wilde
Clarification: ATH did not visit anyone.

HOLD UP. Forgetting your role claims already?

You said you watched Deus before: i.e. you have a watcher power:

I watched Deus last night. Moonlit visited him. Bye, scum.

But NOW you're claiming Tracker ability?!

There's a difference between watching someone's trailer to see if someone targets that person, and following a person to see who they target. First you claimed the former, then the latter.

Where I'm standing it looks like maybe you just made an educated guess about Moon killing Deus when you knew it wasn't you and Moon was the most likely second suspect. The jig is up.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 12, 2016, 08:54:41 am »

I fucked up, but not in the way you think. I am a tracker, not a watcher. I can see who somebody visits. I fucked up my first claim, cause when I was about to submit the action, I was torn between moonlit and Deus. Deus wasn't very active, and I was suspicious of him to begin with, and moonlit was being... Moonlit. I made that post from my phone, as soon as I got the email from bay12 that had my message and saw that Deus died. I didn't even actually open the message and read the fluff till I had already posted and was asked about it. I just switched who I watched, or tracked, I guess.

Do you really think I would just guess out of a 1 in 4 chance (assuming I was scum) and have my life in the game depend on that? No way. I just fucked up my night results the first time.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30