Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Theatre Turn 2: Deadlines  (Read 3470 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Theatre Turn 1: Janitorial Disaster (Still Recruiting!)
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »

"You can stop the charade, seriously.  I'm not going to tell anyone less'n you want me to.

There's a reason, 'm sure."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 06:16:38 pm »

"Would you? It's awfully good of you, I just couldn't face going back to those awful parties... I need clean air, healthy food, excercise, not dingy nightclubs and afterparties! God, I'd have murdered for some antioxidants back in LA... but first, a disguise! Thankyou! Please tell noone!"
One wheel short of a wagon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 06:37:17 pm »

"Just fob it off as a weird coincidence, there's a whole business about impersonators.

Good luck."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 07:41:07 pm »

((Ah, didn't realize we were doing an action with the submission.))

First I check to make sure the lights are working and then ask around for some snacks or something.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 10:37:30 am »

Time to rehearse! Let's start by practising looking like a real drunken alcoholic, by stumbling through the hallways drunkely raving at people we pass by.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Theatre Turn 1:
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 03:13:17 am »

I am the electrician, working on figuring out how many of the other people it will take to screw in a lightbulb.
Help the guy up, then carry on cleaning and screw in the lightbulb for Dustan.
Dustan wanders the halls, finds a socket with no bulb, and ponders. He thinks it would take at least [4] people to screw in this light bulb. Fish has other ideas, however. He [6] easily procures a light bulb from another socket somewhere, and [4] balances precariously on a chair. [6] All goes extremely well, and soon the hall is bathed in a beautiful green light. Lovely. The green perfectly accentuates Jean's drunken stupor as he raves about that one co-star he hooked up with back in high school.

Perhaps knowing how to write musical notation would help, but the Playwright will not let this stop him.

Instead he will sing the most important parts on his own, writing them out by intuition as they come into his mind!

Some overlap will be there, of course. It's kind of like recording an album, but more artistically interpretive.

[5] Surprisingly, the technique pays off, and the Playwright quickly scribbles out enough to pass as a first act.

Begin practicing with one of my instruments.
Solomon pulls out his [RIG USED] Bongos! [4] Some fitful slapping later, he feel sort of better about his abilities. [PRACTICED]

Sew some dicks on the costumes. Small, hard to see dicks.
Jay begins to sew [6] EXTREMELY vigorously. There are now rather large dicks all over a bunch of the period costumes. How very Modern.

Find a hiding place or a disguise backstage. Avoid each and every female, as well as anyone who looks like they have connections in the music world, at all costs.
You sneak along, and slip into the costume room where Jay is [6] (Sneaking) vs. [3] (Noticing) Sewing too vigorously to care! Browsing the shelves, you find a mask at random, and put it on! [1] Unfortunately, you have chosen the Limited Edition Bert Curtis Scandal 2015 Commemorative Mask(tm). It seems to be stuck, too. It's not coming off unless your ears come with it.

First I check to make sure the lights are working and then ask around for some snacks or something.
Rita decides to the responsible one in the theatre, and checks on the stage lighting. [2] It's.... working? Sort of. Some of it doesn't always turn on when you ask it to, and someone swiped a green bulb from backstage. Weird. Next, she looks around for some snacks, [3] the strange drunk doesn't know where they are, but a quick search [1] turns up some potato chips, which she quickly devours! Now everything tastes like rancid fat. Wonderful. She is [Sick]. Luckily, she manages to keep her 'lunch' down this turn.

Time to rehearse! Let's start by practising looking like a real drunken alcoholic, by stumbling through the hallways drunkely raving at people we pass by.
[4+1=5] You believe this to be some of the best Acting you have ever done. The rants and raves are some of your most believable yet, and you manage to rant at Fish and Rita!

The Producers [2] are NOT happy with the state of the place! A quick visit to the Playwright procures the script, which is quickly passed off to Jean, who is told to learn lines, and learn them fast! They schedule a rehearsal in [2 turns]. And, they want this production ready to roll in [8 turns].

The Budget [4] decreases slightly, by [5]x1=$5.

Spoiler: Theatre Information (click to show/hide)
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Theatre Turn 2: Deadlines
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 03:56:27 am »

Plagiarize - er, reference! Wait, parody! Yes, the Playwright will parody a mishmash of half-remembered Shakespeare for the second act. It will be metatextual, like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead! And irreverent, like... uh, something else! Surely no one has thought of this before!

Sprinkle musical numbers in there liberally, too. This is still a musical, and by god it has to have at least 15 songs in it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 04:51:53 am »

"Excuse me, erm, costume sewing person, you wouldn't be able to do something about this darn mask I have stuck on, would you? It'd be exceptionally kind of you, I must say, and it's not a mask of me at all, you see. Reckon you could sew some sort of moustache on? A fake beard, perhaps? I's be so grateful, you know. Oh, and those are some interesting shapes you're sewing on... lychees and plantains, are they? Will we have a tropical themed play, perhaps? How modern and lovely."

Have my mask attended to, or, if help is not forthcoming, go out, talking about how good this Frankie Daydream/Bert Curtis mask is to random people, and try and find the playwright. Again, avoid women and people connected with the music business at all costs.
One wheel short of a wagon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 06:22:10 am »

Finish up the costumes.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 09:50:46 am »

Construct complicated wall tiles, that can be moved by lever
"Hey guys, If you'd tell me what kinda play were making, I could actually build stuff for it."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 10:58:15 am »

"Perfect! now go do the lightsocket you just took that from."
He would search around for lightbulbs not plugged into sockets, and pass them to fish to work on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:59:52 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 11:02:13 am »

"Genius cannot be forced! I musht practishe carefully!"

Memorize my lines

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 02:26:55 pm »

"Oh, bloody...Mondays."
Fix the lightbulb.  Properly.  With a stepladder instead of a chair.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:44:08 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »

Practice with a different instrument.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 05:41:22 am »

Name:: Bob Swagadoodle.
Job: The Producer.

Engage in stock market tomfoolery to gain money.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3