Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82384 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #1245 on: April 16, 2018, 08:44:55 am »

"We're still cooking, it's just the ingredients are a bit more exotic. Just another form of my art, really...if you're interested in a lecture, I could tell you all about the spirit celestial! It's how artists of my profession see your soul, in terms we can put into words.

A spirit is generally arrayed in three measures-terms of relative light produced by your actions, with darkness being the natural state, the four seasons (both physical and metaphorical), and the seven, nine, and four point universal confluence matrix of law, chaos, neutrality, good and evil. Some of my order also rated souls on steps toward enlightenment-the ninetail paradox. You can also read fragment lines in ones aura etch to determine roughly, how many turns of the Great Fire Wheel one has suffered through in a manifold of positive and negative state spiritual reincarnations.

My particular art is combining all these measures into a visual medium."

She paused to stir her cup with a blast of pink light.

"Looking at the piece of soul Ariston gave to me, he must have liked riding the Great Fire Wheel a bit too much." She said mysteriously.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:46:51 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:57 am »

”Not with our superiors, perhaps. Only our equals and inferiors.”

"I wasn't THAT rowdy, I'll have you know."

"We're still cooking, it's just the ingredients are a bit more exotic. Just another form of my art, really...if you're interested in a lecture, I could tell you all about the spirit celestial! It's how artists of my profession see your soul, in terms we can put into words.

A spirit is generally arrayed in three measures-terms of relative light produced by your actions, with darkness being the natural state, the four seasons (both physical and metaphorical), and the seven, nine, and four point universal confluence matrix of law, chaos, neutrality, good and evil. Some of my order also rated souls on steps toward enlightenment-the ninetail paradox. You can also read fragment lines in ones aura etch to determine roughly, how many turns of the Great Fire Wheel one has suffered through in a manifold of positive and negative state spiritual reincarnations.

My particular art is combining all these measures into a visual medium."

She paused to stir her cup with a blast of pink light.

"Looking at the piece of soul Ariston gave to me, he must have liked riding the Great Fire Wheel a bit too much." She said mysteriously.

"Er, what are you talking about miss Iris?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 16, 2018, 02:29:17 pm »

"Oh, I'm just being silly. It's never really been proven that the spirit actually can reincarnate after hmm, dismissal? But if you look at the edges of a living soul like I can, you do see...patterns. Perhaps teeth, like a key, or the tiny etchings on a metal file. Each soul is different, touched by the life its lived. An older person tends to look much more like a cheese grater. But you, Ariston, have many more notches than someone of your age would ever have, much more than even Sacha over there...It's been thought that the more bevels, or notches, a spirit has, the more lives it could have lived and died in-spans of untold generations each leaving the smallest marks we can find, some darker or lighter than others. Your soul looks like it's been through the wringer a few times. Or maybe you've just lived one life with the span of many, many ordinary experiences

We used to call the concept the Great Wheel of Fire-a great burning thing endlessly milling the same spirit, over and over, burning you up, then reconstructing you-only to be burned again, then renewed. I suppose it's optimistic, right?"
She honestly wasn't sure if it was.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:16 pm »

"I have never once in my life understood anything less than I do what you're talking about right now."
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:22 pm »

"Admitting that you don't know anything is the first step to resolving the Ninetail Paradox and achieving enlightenment!" She said to Damon, approvingly.

Granted, that was probably the easiest step.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 16, 2018, 04:57:56 pm »

"Er... Thank.. you?"
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 16, 2018, 05:33:19 pm »

"Hmm. Given we are taking the souls of the enemies we defeat, I do have some doubt about this reincarnation theory. On the other hand, we incarnate again at these fires when we die... It's a bit confusing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 16, 2018, 07:33:55 pm »

"Hmph... I've never been much a man for things that couldn't be explained through logic. It all just seems so... wishy-washy. Like it could change itself at any time, just to spite a person."
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 22, 2018, 03:33:09 pm »

Unwilling to delay further, the party heads towards Cloud King Spire. The greenstone tower seems to swallow them as they step through the shattered doors, into the cool darkness of the interior.The hexagonal floor tiles echo softly, as if the noise was muted. From further within comes the sound of movement; the soft clanking of steel and the rustle of clothing. A pair of thunder knights blcok the corridor ahead, slowly moving in combat stances with the grinding of unoiled joints.

- Cloud King Spire -
Turn 1

98/100
Souls: 507

Spoiler: Enemy HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Notes (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 22, 2018, 07:34:12 pm »

Alain reappears by Ariston's side, as if anyone would ask, she would say she had been foraging while everyone else was busy.

"I always thought these towers had different layouts in them. This feels the same like any other tower! But the statues look so lifelike. Anyway, how have you all been doing?" she said, walking behind one of the statues and imitating its pose. . .

L-24, prepare for ambushing.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 22, 2018, 07:43:14 pm »

"I'm fine." Yilda returned to the silence she'd held since they'd left the previous bonfire, and moved out of the entrance to allow the others to more easily make their way further in.

O,23

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 23, 2018, 09:53:42 am »

Ariston to K-24.

"Damon, vanguard with me. Iris, if you please, get ready to back us up; that heavy armor ahead of us doesn't seem like it will do much good against your power."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 23, 2018, 12:35:09 pm »

”On your mark as always.”

Damon moves to [K, 23] and equips his Slim Lance.
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 23, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »

Ariston to K-24.

"Damon, vanguard with me. Iris, if you please, get ready to back us up; that heavy armor ahead of us doesn't seem like it will do much good against your power."

"Rusted metal and rotted leather. No match for my skills." She said confidently, moving her hands and feet in a rapid martial movement-she made a duelists challenge to her foes, arms and legs set apart-momentarily lighting the hallway with a complicated pattern of cold light and burning shadow.

Alain reappears by Ariston's side, as if anyone would ask, she would say she had been foraging while everyone else was busy.

"I always thought these towers had different layouts in them. This feels the same like any other tower! But the statues look so lifelike. Anyway, how have you all been doing?" she said, walking behind one of the statues and imitating its pose. . .

L-24, prepare for ambushing.

Iris paused by the other statue, momentarily mimicking Alains own mimicry of the other statue.

"Doesn't this one look a bit like me? How pretty." Iris said airily.

Action: M23, and investigate the cloaked state on the right hand side of the hallway

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 23, 2018, 01:29:34 pm »

"I don't really think Alain is much at all like the statue." Sacha whispered to Damon before he runs off "After all, the statue's willing to sit still for a few moments."

Make like a statue and don't move
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 90