Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82436 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #870 on: March 13, 2017, 10:45:07 am »

"Back off of the Captain, Iris."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 13, 2017, 11:03:09 am »

"Back off of the Captain, Iris."

Iris nodded in deference to Sacha, who was pouncing like a fierce lioness, her red mane blazing. She admired the tenacity.

Her own face seemed to lose it's minimal animation, and become even more mask-like. It was really the only way Iris had learned to suppress her nature, was to just not act alive at all. Boring, but functional. Dead, but twitching.

"Fair enough. I am sorry for my abundance of exuberance. It's been awhile since I've talked to people...these feelings, of being alive, are addictive. I admit, I got a bit carried away. My apologies." She said placidly, stepping away. Might as well stare at the walls some more.

Iris later pondered that she had been about to ask the General, which of her statements he had been responding to. If he died with no regrets...or if he really liked the person he was now? Maybe he had been answering both questions...

Or maybe he was just a boring sod.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 13, 2017, 11:05:47 am »

"I agree with Yilda. Either we take the kingdom of the gods for ourselves or we let the entire world rot away until all of us are mindless creatures. I can't let that happen."

"For a very long time I thought this curse was meant to be my personal hell. Damon and I didn't even know there were others like us for several centuries. But meeting the rest of the group, hearing what Lady Sarinna had to say..."

"I'm convinced now that all undead are chosen. This didn't happen to Damon and I randomly, didn't happen to you and Yilda and Alain and Sacha and Rosalia randomly. Something about us qualifies us to usurp the gods. You seem to have some greater vision, so perhaps that's your quality. Mine must be strength. I'm not a great leader, not learned, not a creator. All I can do is move forward - fight - protect - destroy. And that is what I am going to do. Even if I have to carry everyone on my shoulders, even if the effort ends me, I'm going to see the gods destroyed and a new pantheon raised in their place."

"That is my purpose, my destiny, and my atonement. Even if it's only for a day, even if someday we too sit upon our thrones and wait for a new pantheon to slay us and renew the world, I must do this. There is no other choice for me."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 13, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »

"...Look, I don't mind you acting that way. Feel free to express your... happiness, if you want."

"Just stop toying with me. Please."
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 13, 2017, 12:29:24 pm »

"I see no reason to muse on such options until ship or land come into sight. And, even should we see one, there is still the metaphorical problem of swimming out to it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 13, 2017, 01:07:13 pm »

"I see no reason to muse on such options until ship or land come into sight. And, even should we see one, there is still the metaphorical problem of swimming out to it."

"True enough...in any case, all debates ultimately lead us to the Thrones. We'll need that power...no matter what we ultimately decide." She commented, thinking on her masterpiece. It would have to be perfect...the world she would make would not be flawed and ugly...darkness and light intertwined...the end of Disparity...

She did not yet know if this world had room for her new friends.

"That is my purpose, my destiny, and my atonement. Even if it's only for a day, even if someday we too sit upon our thrones and wait for a new pantheon to slay us and renew the world, I must do this. There is no other choice for me."

"No choice for any of us. We are surely as damned upon this road as any mindless Hollow...the difference is, we know we can still win. And we will." She reflected.

"...Look, I don't mind you acting that way. Feel free to express your... happiness, if you want."

"Just stop toying with me. Please."

"That's all you had to say. I admit, there's not much sport in toying with you, anyway. It's like shooting a barrel full of fish with a lightning bolt..." She said amiably, realizing she was doing it again. "...Ah, but I'll keep it casual in the future, Captain."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:09:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 13, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »

"Thank you."
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 13, 2017, 07:35:55 pm »

"Hm..."

Give over my flask

Ariston also strengthens his flask.

"So too the Gods. Even the divine are not immune to this curse."

"Then... we are to replace the dead gods. That's why we need Iris, isn't it? Seven gods. Seven undead warriors. By usurping their power we too might gain the ability to reshape this world. To forge it as we desire. To end the curse that binds our lives. To free us all. Is that the way of it, Lady Sarinna?"
"Go forth, with greater strength, so the world may be mended."
Sarinna lets the light trickle between her fingers into the flask, then scoops it through the fire to fill it again, repeating the process for Ariston.
Your estus flasks now hold 2 charges.
The stoic woman inclines her head.
"Gvanius. Ketari. Archeus. Ynidus. Terayvere. Blasake and Unbragga. The seven monarchs who remain. You must conquer them, and claim their fates for your own. I will assist thy as much as I can. I am bound to the bonfires, and cannot travel far beyond them, but all flames are as of one to me. Shouldst it be lit, I may be by thy side, though I have no skill at arms to aid you."

-----

The two lost souls grant more bursts of memories.
+100 souls (845)
Damon purchases a great quantity of weapons, distributing it among his team. The weapons handed over for repair are restored by crackling purple energy as Shilleka waves a hand over them (and restocks quivers with arrows).
"Muc' obliged, gyahaha!"
"Now c'n I interest yer in some of dese trinkets...?"

//92 souls remaining.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:22:15 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2017, 03:07:03 am »

"What can you tell us of the monarchs?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:44 am »

After checking her stuff, and others' stuff, and checking the local vicinity for anything kindly missed (also check for anything to be picked up or stuff--like a discarded old coin that could be a trinket or such), Alain stumbled upon the store that Ariston Damon first found...after sadly finding out that she couldn't do enough for repairs as is.

"Could I ask if you'd be willing to join us on the way? Also really curious on the list you've got; how long has it been since you acquired these?" (Please re-display?)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:01 pm »

Alain rummages among the mud and ruins and finally finds a single coin.
How worthless!

Shilleka finds her offer very amusing.

"Join yer? Gyahaha! Nah, nah. I ain' leavin' a nice safe place like dis ta go gallantin' 'bout! As fer me stock..." she continued airily,  "'oo knows? 'S all stuff I picked up alon' der way."

Spoiler: Shilleka's Shop (click to show/hide)

----

"The Monarchs - what dost thou wish to know?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 15, 2017, 03:04:28 pm »

"Let's start with the easy question. We have two paths out of this village into Truskhang proper. Which monarch is the weakest - that is, which one should we start with - and which path takes us toward that one?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 15, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »

Alain rummages among the mud and ruins and finally finds a single coin.
How worthless!
OH MY GOODNESS! I'll hold onto YOU, my relic from an older time! You'll be useful later on, and if not, you're my trinket!

Examine this worthless coin with my scrutinizing eye! Is it familiar!

"Could you offer where you go from here then? I'm somewhat of an explorer and it'd help me if another appraising eye would offer information."

BUY THE TRASH D:<

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 16, 2017, 10:12:27 am »

The coin is unfamiliar, a small disc of tarnished gold with the face of an man unknown to you.

"Where I go? D'ya mean where yer should go next? Cos unnergroun' through der tunnel dere - dere's summin' dat smells real bad down dere - but 'long der cliffs, dere's a whole bunch of 'ollows." Shilleka grins as you buy the trash, handing over the small bag of rubbish. "T'anks fer der business! "

Alain obtains Trash.

----

"Both these paths will lead thee to Ketari, the Sky Queen. She was the first to be rendered base, and was imprisoned within the Cloud King Spire. Once she is conquered,  thy options widen.

I cannot speak of which path you should choose - the fires are dimmed, and I know not of their current state.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 16, 2017, 11:31:14 am »

Now examine the trash! Or not, leave it general and probably useful for creativity later on.
Hopefully I didn't spend that coin on it! D:

"Why do you sell this anyway? It could be useful when refined or something."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90