Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82484 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2017, 12:04:51 am »

Feeling left out as everyone else followed the fancy orange cloaked fellow, Alain was happy to see Sacha come back to check on her (and the other nice Sergeant).

"I'm alright, it's refreshing to see the light of day even if we've not been in here for an hour. Although my tummy is pretty sore. Also I'd love to ask you something later on, Sacha. Same to Rose but she seems absorbed in her own thoughts at the moment."

She followed soon after Damon, being second-to-last in the line of people following the first ever friendly face since they had started this adventure.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2017, 12:10:58 am »

"I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have right now, Alain."

It was hard to keep the distrust from her voice and Sacha wasn't entirely certain she had. But she wasn't going to be caught dead alone with the assassin. Though, on second thought, that's the only way she'd likely be caught alone with an assassin.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2017, 12:19:47 am »

"Alright! So forgive me if I'm being direct but...since nobody is interrupting both of us back here, what do you think about me?"

Alain had noticed Sacha's mannerisms--it was most of what she remembered reading in a book of a philosopher who spent her days watching people in the town's square; there was this "Unspoken" language that made sense to everyone and carried over what people say--and she was curious what Sacha really thought of her. In the span of a second, she recalled how little everyone actually knew about her...and wondered as an aside how life would be if people only communicated through books and text; therein was much to the strength of imagination and the meaning of words.

Therein, too, was the regret of not giving her introduction back when everyone was talking on the trail to the fortress. It was just so interesting hearing about other people!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2017, 12:29:22 am »

A dangerous question to answer.

"I think you are quite an attractive young woman." Not a lie "Obviously quite dedicated to stories. Though we've not really interacted much. You seem to enjoy running off ahead of others. Not, mind you, that I mind overly much. I work far better in the rear."

The fact that Sacha knew the young 'librarian' was in actuality an assassin could go without saying. Letting Alain know her cover was blown would be most... unwise.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 08, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »

The cave opens to a wide circle of standing stones, a large bonfire at the centre. The ground around the fire is baked until it almost resembles glass, hard and brittle - the faint shapes of bones can be seen in the hard-packed earth. A woman, white of garb and brown of hair, is leaning against one of the stones.

The crashing of waves on cliffs ca be heard, and the smell of salt fills to air - the cave has somehow opened to a cliffside village surrounding the stonehenge. The houses of the village, the small shacks common to fishermen the world over, seem deserted and ruined.
A winding stairway leads down towards a beach and cave, while another path leads along the cliffs.

The Firekeeper - Sarrina - strides up to the fire, stopping in a position a mortal would find uncomfortably close to the flame. She holds a hand out, and it dances through her fingers.

Typhos merely trudges to one of the stone pillars and slumps against it, looking crestfallen.

"Here is where you begin your quest proper, beloved warriors. And yet... one of your number. His will fails him." She glanced at Typhos, then shook her horned head. "Another is required, and the gods have provided. You will require the aid of her, should you wish your answers found."

Iris is in.

---

Iris had a rather unpleasant journey through a strange underground passage, guarding by strange blends of skeleton and bladed cartwheel - yet she'd made it through, and emerged the same entrance that group of motley undead had just come through, too. It didn't make sense for you, either.

You'd been met by that horned woman and told to wait, "As thy fate approaches soon."

No more answers had been forthcoming until she'd disappeared into the cave entrance and appeared again with that bunch. At least the view of the sea (no distant shores in sight) was nice.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 08, 2017, 08:31:42 pm »

Ariston looked at Typhos and sighed. Of them all, it was unexpected that he would be the first to start hollowing; he had figured it would be himself, from age if nothing else. Regardless, if one was to give up, this was a decent place to do so. There was fire and shelter and the sea air, which he had heard could soothe the soul; Mir was a landlocked country, so this was the first he had ever experienced it for himself. He took a moment to take it in.

I don't know if it does much for me. Perhaps I am simply broken. The gods know I was flawed from the beginning.

He glanced over at Damon, then looked around.

"Sourdeval, I'm going to scout the village. Keep an eye on the... civilians."

He had almost said 'women' before it occurred to him that while that was factually correct it probably wasn't the most diplomatic thing to say.

Check all the buildings for items that might have been left behind. Also take a look at the beach and the path, but don't go to either; stay within the village.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:34:10 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 08, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »

Alain really felt like there was more to Sacha's words, but her upbringing of respecting the elderly (which, to be honest, meant literally everyone else here) and that she felt like she also meant well by her intuition gave her a big 'thank you' and her appreciation in response.

"I'm still very curious but thanks for that!" I'm an attractive young woman. . .

She waved and moved towards Iris, and did her usual introduction of herself, mentioning merely the names of her companions as to not step in their way of introductions either.

"It's great seeing two friendly faces; two faces we've seen over miles and days of work and wear. I'm Alain, previously a librarian but also very versed in the lore of many things. What's your name and how did you get here alone? Do you know anything of this place?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 08, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »

Damon frowned to himself. Ariston rarely called him Sourdeval except in front of the men - come to think of it, he was one of the men, it only made sense - or if things were quite dire indeed, as had been the case some time ago that day. Being referred to as such in a relaxed situation, so to speak, unnerved him but he did not object.

"Of course. And speaking of civilians..."

Damon marches towards Alain. He speaks without hesitation.

"Are you quite mad, girl?"
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 08, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »

Sacha was quite taken aback at Damon's sudden turn on Alain.

'That idiot's going to get himself killed!'

Quickly rushing up to the Captain she tried to place herself slightly between the two.

"Now, now Captain. Let's not get upset over a bit of glory seeking. I'm sure Alain had only our best intentions at heart, eh? Let's let by-gones be by-gones."

No... It wouldn't do at all for her meat-shield to find himself with a dagger in his back for annoying the assassin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 08, 2017, 10:11:34 pm »

Alain turned to smile at Damon.

"Quite lively, actually. The bonfire helped heal me greatly. That, and I wouldn't believe that our new ally who speaks in the manners of lore would throw us into danger. Besides, you're all nearby me, and, her friend doesn't seem hollow (however that is said). I've experienced a lot in the modern times and if we'd meet someone who speaks unlike the masses, it's something to note as important."

She stands and bows at the ancient legend.

"And I deeply apologize for my actions." she says, making a marked pause before continuing and walking behind him and then Sacha posted right before her speaking -...and letting Sacha speak her intent.
"-...Alongside not letting you take your responsibilities because of my actions; the introductions are all yours."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 08, 2017, 10:23:39 pm »

To Sacha, he gives a curt
"No"

"Alain, your actions were completely foolhardy and you should be on your knees before the General, th--"

".....I'm sorry, did you say introductions?"
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:24 pm »

"Yes! Politeness, manners, and good ol' humanity!"

Alain looked at Iris and nodded.

"I was browsing her all over while I approached and there was no twitch or subtle movement of hostility, so I wanted to make sure that she knew our best intents. But my eagerness went before me; I had forgotten it was customary for the military officer in charge of his (or her) wards to take responsibility while we attend to our duties in turn. As per knowledge of camp followers around a century or two ago by...I forgot her name but it was a good read."

"So I will attend to checking our supplies, Captain."

Instead of checking all those buildings, (general action) check all our equipment and polish or add some repairs for their shape {Please be a tiny QL+}

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 08, 2017, 11:04:47 pm »

Damon heaves quite the impressive sigh.

"I will finish this with you later, Alain."

He then gives a slight bow to Iris.

"Hello, miss. I am Captain Damon Sourdeval, here with General Ariston Pythias, both of-- formerly of Mir, and our charges, misses Alain, Sacha, Rosalia, and Yilda. As it seems, we require of your assistance."

How and why exactly this was, he declined to ask.
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 09, 2017, 05:48:41 pm »

"Charges? I seem to recall picking you up off the floor several times in the past two engagements. If anything, Captain, you are my charge."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 09, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »

Damon turns around to face Sacha and gives her a withering glare, then faced Iris again with a neutral expression.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 90