Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82509 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:07 pm »

"You forgot. So many times. You would bark orders at them, and I would tell you it was only us. And you would go quiet. Sometimes a few hours, sometimes a few days - or at least, what felt like days. After a while, it just didn't seem like it was worth it to remind you when the memory only hurt."

Typhos had addressed him as well, and he turned to him.

"It was Damon's idea originally. We should have died, so long ago. Surely the Gods would have an answer to what happened to us. It never even occurred to either of us, until meeting up with the rest of you, that this might have happened to others as well."

Ariston sighed deeply.

"I do not know if the Gods are there, or if they have any answers for us should we be able to find them. But... my soldiers, my country, my purpose, my life. I have lost everything save my closest friend. All I can do now is to make this journey and see what lies at the end of it, be it redemption or failure."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 07, 2017, 04:52:55 pm »

". . . I see. It must have been exhausting... I won't hold it against you."

"And, Sacha... Thank you for what you said, but I knew Everard had passed. I suspected you might be sparing my feelings by that point."
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 07, 2017, 05:23:22 pm »

"In my defense it was a legend... just a very recent one."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 07, 2017, 05:26:07 pm »

"Recent because you concocted it yourself?"
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 07, 2017, 05:28:14 pm »

"I've heard it. Does it matter when?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 07, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »

"All right, maybe you did."
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »

"I do not know if the Gods are there, or if they have any answers for us should we be able to find them. But... my soldiers, my country, my purpose, my life. I have lost everything save my closest friend. All I can do now is to make this journey and see what lies at the end of it, be it redemption or failure."

A few minutes passed as the others talked before Alain spoke again.

"Hey Commander, if I may add, you haven't lost your dignity nor those of the rest of the people with you. About those biographies...why I love books so much is that you can get connected to what you read, and feel what is real even from words alone. It's like how you get better just by understanding some things. Like I said before, you aren't forgotten! That's how we remember the past! (Although there may have been misspellings for some reason) You won't lose anything if it's with other people..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2017, 11:40:54 pm »

It was clear Alain didn't understand. He could appreciate she was trying to cheer him up, but reality wasn't so simple that a few well-meant words could solve everything. As long as he retained what little he still had, kept those names in his memory, that would be enough to see him through to the end of the journey. Instead he chose to address Damon, although he still wasn't looking directly at him.

"...I'm sorry still. I know you saw potential in him and wanted to outdo your last great success; that he was the one you were hoping you could mold to be a better soldier than me. For what it's worth, had you been given enough time, he could have been."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 08, 2017, 12:16:20 am »

Damon stares, stone-faced, at Ariston. The look is somber and emotional... until the wall cracks and forms a grin.

"For such a smart man, Pythias, you can be just as thickheaded as the day I met you. There is no better soldier, you damn fool. Never was, nor will there ever be. To convince yourself otherwise would be an insult to the both of us."

"True, I saw the man's potential, but.. if his were a bucket, yours would be a lake."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 08, 2017, 01:02:05 am »

"I... I see. I suppose I assumed too much... Your words are kind."

Ariston inclined his head in a sort of bow to Damon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 08, 2017, 01:11:40 am »

"Think nothing of it, and if I hear you say anything of this sort again, I suppose I'll have to beat your training back into you. Obviously at that point your skills will have fallen beyond all use to anyone."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 08, 2017, 01:55:52 am »

"I'll do my best. I can't afford to falter now."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2017, 02:23:28 am »

"Indeed."
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 14, 2017, 07:57:40 pm »

Fire has always been the oldest friend of mankind.

Rosalia feels the soothing warmth, and a coldness she'd had for a long time receded, just a fraction.
Code: (Bonfire) [Select]
Fully healed!

For Typhos, however, it feels like a candle in a blizzard - about to be snuffed out. Still, the wounds he bears are knitted together, and strength returns.
Code: (Bonfire) [Select]
Fully healed!

Alain moves on the trap to try to disarm it.
Code: (Disarming trap) [Select]
Alain is a thief!

Difficulty: 60-20 =40
Roll: 38, fail
For a moment, she thinks she has it, then...
Clunk.

A trio of bolts are spat at her from some hidden aperture!

Code: (Trap!) [Select]
Fancy footwork activates!

Hit: 100 - 22-15= 63
Roll: 99

Hit: 63
Roll: 91

Hit: 63
Roll: 69
The trap must be misaligned, however, by age or inexpert installation - all three bolts are above her head, and shatter harmlessly on the rock face.
It seems her carelessness would go without punishment today.

- Enemy Phase -

- The Caves -
Turn 19

EXP: 42/100
Souls: 605

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 14, 2017, 09:45:55 pm »

"And it's disarmed! (I knew that one reading was a partial myth...and it didn't click right) Now we can go through here freely, and I can see a few of those same folks we met earlier down the corridor to the left. Can't say how many though." Alain said, in between fixing the hair strands that got caught by a passing bolt, and then looking at said broken bolts with a sidewards glance of regret.

She could always do with more ammunition for her crossbow. It was very durable in her eyes, just the problem of ammunition came upon itself once more.

"Rose, how do you work with ammunition shortages?"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:32:39 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 90