Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82505 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2017, 06:49:30 pm »

Alain studies the crossbow. Though it lacks many markings, judging by the clothing of the corpse, and general aethestics... perhaps it's from her own home city. How curious.

Yilda reaches a hand towards the warm bones, the sword rising triumphant from the pile, unmarked by rust or blood. A connection... she feels the heat begin to suffuse her essence, and the fire sparks into life, flames slowly flowing upwards from the bonfire.

Ariston, too, feels the warmth. In the bonfire, he feels the warmth of renewal, and his wounds knit shut.

Code: (Bonfire) [Select]
Fully healed!

- Enemy Phase -

- The Caves -
Turn 18

EXP: 42/100
Souls: 605

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2017, 06:52:13 pm »

One up, rest at the bonfire
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2017, 06:59:39 pm »

Action: Better rest too
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2017, 07:01:34 pm »

"Looks like everyone wants to rest to me." Sacha says looking into the room. "Come along Captain, you have an oath to fulfill."

Move to F9

Spoiler: Charisma (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:30:49 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 05, 2017, 07:03:40 pm »

Typhos plopped down wearily. He raised his hands toward the bonfire, but didn't seem very relieved.

"Hmm, I still feel cold...."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 05, 2017, 07:07:45 pm »

F8 to clear a space for someone else after Alain moves, hold.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:43:15 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 05, 2017, 08:21:05 pm »

"Quite."

Unabstractedly move to [F, 10] with Sacha.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:27:51 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2017, 02:57:28 am »

H5! (Since I probably can't H6 then rest, then canto to H5)
Alain smiled at the momentary tranquility that seemed to overcome her fellows, and moved over to Typhos and patted him on the shoulder.

"I liked your poetry back there. I love hearing from people and the stories their lives have."

She looked at the ominous rectangle (which was off by a few degrees at some angles, leading to the assumption that it may be a deeper trap than a pressure plate), and looked back at Typhos.

"I get other people are worried but even if the worst happens, I'll try to memorialize anyone who may fall short of our goal. That said, let's try disarming this trap!"

ALSO try to disarm that trap @_@

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 06, 2017, 10:12:35 pm »

"Ha! Memorials? What use are memorials? They're simply the beginning of a useless legend that has nothing to do with you." Sacha shuffles a bit closer to Damon "The Captain would know better than any of us save the General. Think of all the tales about them. Holding off an army twice their size. Three times their size. Outnumbered one hundred to one as the great Piercing Lance struck down man after man while the General allowed no man past."

Sacha chuckled briefly "And what did this legend earn them? Imprisonment until the end of their days... and then some. Face it Alain, a memorial is a travesty to the memory of who we were. I've done many great things in my day but I'll only be remembered as a witch of some sort who went hollow and attacked her congregation." Sacha spit this last part with great venom.

"In reality... In reality we're the only ones who are going to remember eachother... and even that will fade when we go hollow." Unable to help herself Sacha's eyes flicked towards Typhos for a second before she, once again, shuffled towards Damon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 06, 2017, 10:29:52 pm »

"... ... ..."

"Sacha, have you happened to read about any of the soldiers who died the day of our capture? A Milo, or an Everard, or a Constantine, perhaps?"
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:06:21 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 06, 2017, 11:01:09 pm »

"Well most legends focus more on yourself and the General, Captain. But... One does hear other stories from time to time. I recall one, now that you mention it, claiming that some soldier or another managed to escape being hanged and managed to drum up enough troops that they could finally take... Some citadel or another. Anyways, that's the only one I've heard that has such a happy ending." Sacha pondered for a moment as though trying to recall some detail "Yes, I think it was General Constantine. Alain may know more. I'm more of the spiritual type than the historical type. Though... Perchance would it be a Milo Durand you ask about?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 07, 2017, 12:12:35 am »

Damon is taken aback. Quite honestly he expected their names to die with them, perhaps teach something to Sacha, but... he never considered any of his men had actually survived.

"...So he did it, did he? The man was ambitious, I remember. Always told everyone he wanted to lead his soldiers of his own some day... Ariston was the only one who'd listen. I'm glad he was able to prove me wrong, even if I wasn't... around to see it."

"And yes, it was Durand, I believe."
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 07, 2017, 12:45:12 am »

Sacha considers, briefly, informing Damon of all the stories that end with 'General Constantine' hanged with the rest.

"The only story I know of Milo Durand is..."

A thought occurs to her. Most stories indicated that Milo was a spy for some time. Hoping to overthrow the kingdom in exchange for an easy job and large sum of gold afterwards. Many end with his death within the Swamps of Silence. Something stops her from telling the truth. She covers up her brief pause.

"How did it go? Yes he was well known in one particular legend for duping the rebels after enduring torture for some time." That was noble right? "The story I heard claimed they wanted to keep a man as a bartering tool if it came to that. It's said he gave them false information which helped in the overthrow of the citadel. Mind you he was missing a leg after the ordeal."

A much more noble end than the fool getting drunk and pissing too close to the water's edge. Crocodiles can be vicious things. The part about his leg was true, then, after a fashion.

Still, perhaps feeding Damon some noble lie will assist in him getting over whatever baggage he might be carrying from his failure and subsequent imprisonment. Not that Sacha cared mind you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 07, 2017, 12:50:03 am »

"Damn, that Milo. I knew he was tougher than he looked... I still can't believe any of them escaped."

"And what of Everard?"

Everard had been Damon's favorite soldier, loathe as he was to admit he too practiced the favoritism that so soured his time in the military. It had been especially painful to watch him die, the first of them all.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:59:13 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 90