Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82516 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2016, 06:58:32 pm »

"Erm... No. To serve one's land is a great thing. Captain, would you mind hurrying up? A thought occurs to me that I simply must share with you." Sacha smiled briefly at Typhos before glancing at Damon. She had never put stock in the stories of hollowing but... Typhos' voice... his demeanor. She didn't know how quickly it could happen but she'd much rather Damon eat the blade than herself.

"Rosalia, you might want to hang back a bit more as well. Let Typhos and Damon go first." Never let it be said that Sacha wasn't kind to women.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:11:38 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2016, 07:07:20 pm »

"I'm probably going to have to. I've got maybe one shot left in this bow, and I don't think I could punch out any of these things."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2016, 07:23:53 pm »

Typhos nods, no fool he.

"...Yes, let me lead the way. In my stories, the Hero always leads the way...it reminds me a poem I held close to my heart, as a boy..."

He abruptly recites it lyrically in a clear, entirely Human sounding voice-a very nice voice, in fact, a musical lilt indicative of a soft spoken man.

"...A knight is sworn to valour,
His heart knows only virtue,
His blade defends the helpless,
His might upholds the weak,
His word speaks only truth,
His wrath undoes the wicked.
The right can never die,
If one man still recalls.
The words are not forgot,
If one voice speaks them clear.
The code forever shines,
If one heart holds it bright...

I really was never a knight, no more than I was a hero, but-I have tried to live as if I was. I hope that is enough...I do hope...and, my little candle is not yet entirely snuffed. I still remember. Perhaps, I can find my way home still...so, let me lead the way, friends. I will not fail you.

...A Hero does not die, if one person still recalls him."
He says, abruptly moving forward into the darkness, blade ready once again.

No doubt reciting random poetry is the final stage of hollowing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:26:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2016, 11:57:25 pm »

"Miss Alain, I think I see the embers of a bonfire. Care to back me up?"
Already walking over the other hallway in thought, Alain spun on her heel to follow Ariston.

"Yes Commander! I was just thinking that we're in someplace already filled with sentient foes--regardless of how they are now--that means that this place has been planned to withstand an assault or somesuch, given the presence of what I assume are traps, I'm also inferring that the hallway overlooking where we came from must be filled with them. Just that it's dark and all. A bonfire would really help our spirits!"

F10!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2016, 12:11:48 am »

"Do you not feel the fire's call in your bones? ...Ah, but you are not as old as I. The cold of unlife hasn't had as long to seep into you as it has me."

Ariston sighed, his body turned completely toward the embers he could sense more than see in the other room.

"The fire takes the numbness away, makes it stop if only for a moment. It gives me a little more strength to keep fighting. We need to reach it."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 12:45:22 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2016, 12:18:24 am »

"Technically I think I've been not-really-dead dead for around several months, give or take the lack of a calendar and absence from the telling of the sun and moon to add around half a month, but that's a good point. How does the bonfire feel, compared to other sources such as torches or other such things?"

Alain had a few thoughts going along that tangent--like how amazing it would be to share the knowledge of spelunking without light at all, honing your sight to the ambient light around you just like what they were doing now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 20, 2016, 12:33:32 am »

"The bonfires are... different. The fire from a torch is as weak and pathetic an imitation of one as the pale light of the moon is of the sun. Regular fires warm the skin but reach no deeper. Bonfires heat the soul. And more than that... they feel like home."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:16 am »

Alain drew imagery of pictorials of the fire of ancient hearths and early homes, wondering if the early and nascent theories since the Blight or Plague has started started to have bearing given her opportunity to be with and walk among legends. The association between passing of light and fire was also a very nice metaphor to illustrate it.

"Why aren't we able to carry those with us then? If...that's a question I could ask?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 20, 2016, 08:36:47 am »

Damon listened quietly to his friend's words. He felt the same... call, as it was, from the bonfire, but it was a feeling he was much too uncomfortable about to really share with anyone.
Another pang of envy appeared in his stomach.

"Erm... No. To serve one's land is a great thing. Captain, would you mind hurrying up? A thought occurs to me that I simply must share with you."
"Patience. I'll be there shortly."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:40:59 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:02 am »

"I think it's that great coiled sword plunged into each bonfire that gives it such strength. If we were to remove the sword, the bonfire would lose its intensity... but I am not going to gamble on the idea that the sword can create another such fire. I am not sure who placed these bonfires originally, or when, but I am going to trust their judgement."

Ariston sighed again.

"I can't risk those fires going out, and I can't allow anyone else to tinker with them either. We all need them."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:44 am »

"I agree. Tampering with the bonfire is likely to lose us a valuable asset." Yilda was uncertain as to how long she had been undead, at this point. Long enough to lose track, but undeath left one without many of the ways they might keep track of the passing days. However, it was long enough to learn to covet the heat of the flame.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 21, 2016, 07:52:41 pm »

People move into position.
A faint rumble echoes through the cave amidst the clatter of their footfalls.

- Enemy Phase -

The undead mage, staring into the bones of the bonfire, slowly turns to face the interloper. It seems to consider him a moment before raising a hand and summoning a blade of wind.

Code: (Undead Mage C vs Ariston) [Select]
Hit: 112-10-10=92
Roll: 17
Crit: no
Dam: 9-0=9

- The Caves -
Turn 15

EXP: 34/100
Souls: 590

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 22, 2016, 01:22:29 am »

Thanks to some peripheral vision training (moreso because reading takes a lot out of your vision), Alain was able to notice the tiny speck to her right--there was something to check out there!

"Oooh, there's only one of them near the bonfire. Could you check them out, Commander? I'd love to archive and document all these when we get out. Try speaking to them too! I'll check this out--think I've found something."

H-11; search'em!
Canto to G10!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 90