Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82433 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #885 on: March 16, 2017, 12:10:43 pm »

"Cos yer migh' buy it, o' course! Gyahaha!"

//91 souls remaining.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 16, 2017, 12:14:59 pm »

Damon is now near the Firekeeper! WHOA

"...What do you mean by 'claim their souls'?"
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 16, 2017, 01:11:27 pm »

"...I've heard all I need to. Except for one thing...

...Oh, If we must make a Council of it, I would opt for the route of the cliff going forward. I'd prefer some fresh air, myself."
She said, turning away from the group.

After the group had departed, or perhaps before-she would linger, however-asking a question of the Firekeeper she wished no one else would hear.

"Firekeeper, I must know. Is all this that is happening...the Hollowing...it is a momentary sickness that comes and passes a healthy world, if it does not kill it? Or was always fated to be, a serpent come to devour it's own tail? And is it fated to be again?" Hard questions, to be sure, and doubted she would get any illumination...but, there was no pain in asking...only pain in getting an answer.

Iris will vote to go the cliff route!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 16, 2017, 10:58:26 pm »

"I love this place. Best shopkeeper in miles. What's your name? I'd like to remember you!"

Alain then thanked the nice shopkeeper and wandered near Iris. She planned to have a tiny bag for miscellaneous items later on.

"Why's everyone gathered here? Was there something I missed?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 17, 2017, 04:09:03 am »

"'S Shilleka. An' yer righ' 'bout dat... but den, I'm probably der only shopkeep in miles! Gyahaha!"

----

Damon is now near the Firekeeper! WHOA

"...What do you mean by 'claim their souls'?"

"No royalty surrenders their crown, least of all a True King. Their souls are the truth of their ascendence, bright and fierce, constrained by withered shell. To save thyself from Hollowing, thy must slay them and take their souls for thy own.

-----

"Firekeeper, I must know. Is all this that is happening... the Hollowing...it is a momentary sickness that comes and passes a healthy world, if it does not kill it? Or was always fated to be, a serpent come to devour it's own tail? And is it fated to be again?"

Alone with the firekeeper,  Iris asked her question. The horned woman regarded her a moment.
"Such a thing was destined for this world, and the True Kings were meant to prevent it. They have failed in their duty, and so thy must take their mantles on thy shoulders."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 17, 2017, 08:28:44 am »

"They were weak, then..." She said, pondering. "Firekeeper, is this all going to happen again, one day? Will we face the same test if we take the mantles upon ourselves?" She said quietly.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:24:26 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2017, 06:15:22 pm »

"They were weak, then..." She said, pondering. "Firekeeper, could this all going to happen again, one day? Will we face the same test if we take the mantles upon ourselves?" She said quietly.
"This will challenge thee as well, in time, but I hath confidence in thee, my beloved warrior."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 18, 2017, 12:02:25 pm »

"...It's ultimately hopeless, then? We only stoke the flames to serve as kindling for those who come after us. Eventually, we will fail. It's inevitable. I suppose there is good in buying another generation of light and warmth with our sacrifice...but, I'll never be satisfied until I know that's the best I could do.

...Thank you for your time and your answers, Firekeeper. You turned out to be quite expository after all."
Iris said, turning away after hearing any reply she had.

Iris pitied the Firekeeper. Servant to a broken system...an ultimately flawed world. She could never escape, but Iris thought she herself still might. To make a better world for everyone, was it so daring a dream? Some place beyond dark and light...still and unchanging, perhaps...but a single timeless and perfect moment, that would never fade. Like a painting...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:31:21 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 26, 2017, 06:56:25 pm »

The party heads along the cliffs.

A gentle fog shrouds them as they walk, turning the horizon into a smudge of colour. The waves beat gently against the cliffs, and the wind eddies through the grasses and lichens.

It is almost peaceful... but there are no birds, no insects. The only peace is that of the grave.

Abruptly, a shape that was suggestion in the fog crystallises into solidity. A vast greenstone tower looms up ahead, the walls smooth and unmarked. At the bottom, the cliffs break up into a jagged snarl, speckled with the rotten remains of houses. Figures move among them, and you ready your weapons once more...

- Spirebase Hamlet -
Turn 1

0/100
Souls: 31

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 26, 2017, 07:38:22 pm »

"People!"

Alain said as she ran up ahead to greet the people (saying a lot of things that would pretty much confirm non-hallowness or at least give any indication that while they were armed, they weren't hostile), that was until she got into full visible range of the nearest fellow that was partly in the cover of the trees.

They weren't people.

E17; knifeknife Fisherman A
Canto to D17

Alain took a step back after flinging some stuff and random cutlery she had collected from the ruins (that were not sadly appraised for mercantilism) and made that her only warning after saying much more coherent words. Turning to her allies, she said the only thing that was important to their alertness.

"They're not people! They're not friendly! The homes are ruins!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 26, 2017, 07:53:51 pm »

"Alain, stop running ahead like that."

[E, 16]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:10:30 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 26, 2017, 08:17:24 pm »

"I don't see why you're surprised. We haven't seen a living soul for some time now."

D,16

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:16 pm »

"Alain, stop running ahead like that."
Alain noticed the signs of age in the environment around her.

"Sorry it's-. . .I had thought there were more like Shilleka out there. Or the Firekeeper. But I was trained as a scout once anyway, and hey you're now in front of me and they didn't advance yet so we're okay!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2017, 09:55:40 am »

"...What a picturesque seaside village. Look, the friendly locals have come to greet us with flower garlands and gifts, offering directions to the nearest comfy inn..." Iris said sarcastically. Her hands then lit into twin pyres of shadow at her command, ready to destroy...but, there wasn't much room to fight in this narrow corridor...it would be a slog through a corridor filled with rotten meat.

Still, she pushed through her allies, eager to rend.

Action: Move to C17

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 27, 2017, 02:24:18 pm »

Ariston rushed forward to stand protectively in front of the others.

"Perhaps we should check the houses as we pass for anything useful left. Lady Sacha, would you mind looking at this one?"

The general pointed at [E-15].

Ariston to F16, fling a hatchet at the hollow Fisherman.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90