Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82391 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #1125 on: February 13, 2018, 06:22:08 pm »

"I understand."

He turned to Damon.

"You saw her as well, correct? Perhaps we should decide now who takes Ketari's throne once we have the soul."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 13, 2018, 09:46:47 pm »

"Not as strange as whats to come, surely. I'm interested to see if there is anything of value on these things, before we move on...I used to fish in the canals of my home-it was pleasant diversion from the labors of my art...I wonder if there ARE any fish left in these waters..." Iris mused.

Action: Is that a body at N2? Search it![...]
Noticing Iris was headed in the direction she pointed out, Alain waved at her to take care.
"I used to be both an apprentice scribe and a-...those people who help chart maps? I'm sure there are fish in the waters; they're just deeper than the surface there."

"Oh, yes. I suppose I can allow you to use this one." Yilda undid the strap she'd been using to uphold the slim sword, and held the weapon out to Alain. "As for the way forward, I assume that the captain found some manner of mechanism that extended a bridge from the area. There may be another like it."
"Perfect!" Alain said, moving to O4, trading her knives for that Slim Sword of Yilda's, before canto'ing all the way to R6. "Thank you for that!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:39 pm »

"Who takes the throne? Hahaha!" Sacha laughed, genuinely, for several moments before she regained her composure. "General, why would you want to do that? You often tell stories of your past. Let me tell you one of mine."

"Back when I was alive I- There is a strange pause as though Sacha was about to continue the sentence before adding "saw a great many clerics who would offer desperate people the moon and stars for only a small amount of coin. A small parlor trick to gain their trust followed by a claim of eternal salvation." Sacha made a strange gesture with her right hand seeming to indicate carelessness.

"I, ahem, the clerics would always follow through on the promise. A child healed. A 'spirit' banished. But it always came at a price. People who offer you such great things should always be distrusted. After all, who is more desperate than we undead? I'm willing to bet we could take that throne. But at a cost far greater than any of us would willingly pay were we to know the full terms of the contract. I say, for now, we simply continue on our way until we know what taking the throne means."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:30 pm »

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Despite what the smallfolk believe, it is not simply a matter of rich food and drink. Rulers are beset from all sides by those who would seek their power for their own, to say nothing of the difficulties of performing the duties of such a station. Even if there isn't some hidden cost, a crown is not something to take with joy in your heart. Rather with reverence, and resolve."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 13, 2018, 11:44:11 pm »

"Perhaps you two do not remember Sarinna's words, but I do. This is our purpose now. Whether or not we want the thrones is not a concern; we have to ascend them for the good of all mankind. The Gods are hollow. New Gods are needed to prevent all that lives from following them into the shadows."

Ariston stared into the flames.

"...I understand if you do not wish to serve, but we must. Seven thrones, seven Gods. And seven seekers in our fellowship."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 13, 2018, 11:47:31 pm »

"I must? A strange venom crept into Sacha's voice. "Believe as you will... General."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 13, 2018, 11:49:57 pm »

"If it wasn't your fate, you would not be here. Hm. I would have thought a priestess - especially such a one as you in light of your story - would enjoy being above even a saint. Does the idea Sacha the Goddess not entice you?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 13, 2018, 11:52:55 pm »

"I've been a saint in my time. The idea of Sacha the Goddess, Sacha the Almighty, entices me greatly. I want little less. But it seems that I, unlike you, understand that these things come at a cost. You always get less than you give."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:23 pm »

As the others were discussing the matter of crowns and kings gloriously...

"Everyone! There's another lever down here! I bet there's also a bridge to finally get us moving foward." Alain said, waving at the General and company. "Makes me wonder though. These were around two small villages. A pathway like roads between islands?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 14, 2018, 12:00:48 am »

"I fully understand that taking a throne means an existence of living only to keep the world alive until I go hollow just as my predecessor did, and that after I do another undead will come along to take my life and my throne. There is no great glory or fame in our goal. It is what we do because we must, and it is what we must because if we do not, then who will?"

Ariston laughed bitterly.

"What a sorry group we are."

At that point Alain called out her discovery.

"Wait before you rush ahead. The world will not end just because we took a moment to rest our old bones."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:25 am »

The Assassin's discovery and the General's dark words ceased any desire Sacha had to continue the conversation further. Still, her thoughts continued unabated.

'He's right. What little adoration I can get in this world is tied to that throne. It's funny, in a way, I spend my whole life trying to get adoration and avoid imprisonment. In the end they're one and the same. If only there were some other way.'

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 14, 2018, 12:28:19 am »

"I fully understand that taking a throne means an existence of living only to keep the world alive until I go hollow just as my predecessor did, and that after I do another undead will come along to take my life and my throne. There is no great glory or fame in our goal. It is what we do because we must, and it is what we must because if we do not, then who will?"

"...You won't. You won't hollow. Not again."

"I'm not going to let that happen to you a second time. No matter what."

Damon slams the butt of his lance into the ground at "what", seemingly for effect.

"We're to... kill, or replace, or usurp, the gods themselves and take up their duty, however you wish to say it. I have no qualms about that. It's a damn sight better than rotting in a cell until the end of the end of days, anyway."

"And once we have taken up the thrones, I will personally beat the sense back into each and every one of you if I have to in order to keep this world together. The current gods have failed in their purpose. Who's to say they're the first? Certainly not me."

"But I will say this: They will be the last to fail. Forever."

Damon just sighs at the librarian's call.

"With the way she always rushes ahead, you'd think it was ending already."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 14, 2018, 12:36:01 am »

"Strong words. I'll hold you to them, Damon."

He looked off in Alain's direction again with another brief chuckle.

"Doesn't she, though? I wonder if she is the youngest of we undead. She certainly seems rather child-like at times. I envy her enthusiasm."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:00 am »

"Don't bother. I've already set myself to that task."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was her or Iris. Though Iris does act rather..."

He searches for a word, but after ten seconds of nothing, gives up.

"...You know. So my guess leans more towards Alain."
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 14, 2018, 12:46:12 am »

The opportunity to push her conspiracy theory momentarily jolted Sacha from her thoughts.

"I'd be careful of both of them, Captain. You know my feelings towards Alain and... Iris' paintings. She has something far darker than magic within her."

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90