Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82403 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #1065 on: December 23, 2017, 07:46:57 am »

J,6, because running off ahead of the party is for suckers

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 23, 2017, 07:56:06 am »

As Alain bounces on the wood, it groans omniously. A splash sounds out from where something breaks off underneath before the whole thing shudders.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 23, 2017, 08:13:10 am »

"Alain, cease that at once! We've no idea what sort of shape the bridge is in, we must not stress it more than we need to!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 23, 2017, 09:49:26 am »

"Alain, cease that at once! We've no idea what sort of shape the bridge is in, we must not stress it more than we need to!"

"Indeed," Alain said. She stopped moving at once and examined the bridge even further. "Simple test of strain. Judging by these measures, only three people can move on it at any one time, accounting for the weight of our armor and weaponry, and belongings."

She tapped her backpack which held a few items alongside basic supplies (which she still used despite being...not-really-alive-ish).

"I'm glad those folks on the endpoint aren't moving towards us. Tell me when you're all ready, I'll scout ahead to check their exact numbers. Do we have any wounded? Is everyone hale?"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 23, 2017, 10:13:38 pm »

"Alain, please be careful. I don't think any of us can swim across this gap..."

Move to I7
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 24, 2017, 04:15:56 pm »

Alain said, as she bounced on the bridge, noticing how sturdy the rope and wooden mechanisms were under her weight. "Goodness if we learned more about how these were made, that would improve a lot of transport systems and the public good! Hey Iris, can you do a painting of this in your time before we head off to the next island? That would be great and I'll owe you one!"

"Bridges. So very...metaphorical..." She said, whipping out her easel. "Oh, but why not? Landscapes are not my specialty, but I can enjoy a little break..."

Iris began painting the bridge on a floating easel of magic similar to the one she had used before-her left and right hands enclosed in candleflames of white and pits of black. This time around her left hand, enclosed in white, suddenly began to turn towards a somehow comfy looking combination of dust color, and minty green, shot with zigzagging, warm golden lines. This seemed to surprise the artist-she shook her head in exasperation, and tipped her left hand toward the dark flames in the right. When they touched, the shadows seems to cleanses the other colors away, and the pure white was restored.

"Ms, um, Alain, you'll need to move soon. You're messing with my palette." Iris called out evenly. She wasn't quite sure if Alain could be part of her Perfect World...

Action: No movement, paint the bridge!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 25, 2017, 02:35:09 am »

Ms, um, Alain, you'll need to move soon. You're messing with my palette."
"No worries Iris! I'll be off as soon as the others get near. Thanks for taking a piece of this beauty with you."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 28, 2017, 04:03:45 pm »

Iris begins painting the bridge, only for the others to start tramping across it. Typical, eh?

- Enemy Phase -

Sensing life and movement, the hollows begin belatedly to shuffle in the vague direction of the party.

- Spirebase Hamlet -
Turn 17

15/100
Souls: 300

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 28, 2017, 04:45:37 pm »

Ariston to L6.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 28, 2017, 04:56:58 pm »

[I, 8]; examine Iris' painting

Damon silently observes the painter's canvas from a respectful distance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:45:29 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:55 pm »

Hold position
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 28, 2017, 09:04:40 pm »

"Movement?"

Alain noticed the hollows...or hallows--as she still had her terms a bit mixed--seem to move, and it was obvious those figures in the distance were not friendly given by many tiny indicators (like how they held their weapons! Threateningly!)

"Everyone across the bridge now! I'll try to hold them back! They won't hit me!"

O5 into the forest! Knives out, on that enemy at P4!
Apply doublehits because AS+5.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 28, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »

K,6
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 31, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »

Iris tuned out the trampers with a fancy brushing motion-the key was to narrow her focus, and tune our distractions...paint the bridge as it ought to be, as it was and could be again, if her Dream came true...

Damon silently observes the painter's canvas from a respectful distance.

The canvas in its half finished state resembles a strange window into another world-a world that still has clear blue skies and sparkling water. Instead of a rotting span that exists beyond, what is coming into view seems to be a tidy bridge of oiled and smoothed wooden planking-cunningly worked to fold out from the cliffside in a single smooth motion, with sturdy ropes stretching the entire length.

Iris's hands seem to work the canvas like dipping a brush in a pool of water-each touch sends waves through the canvas, adding new effects and enhancing the ones there. As she watches, Iris seems to consider the figures slouching toward them, and begins to add a pair of fisherwomen. The pair is well dressed in sturdy and clean peasant wear-thick wool coats and hoods, and long colorful skirts that ripple playfully in the wind. One is using the left side of the bridge as a place to anchor her long willow rod (its polished surface gleams in the mid-day sun), and the other using a sharp silver knife to clean a fish with lazy efficiency-no doubt passing the time til their hard working husbands come back to them end of the day, their tridents having earned a bounty of the sea. After the Artists attention turns away, the pair grows animated-making no noise, but making all the movements one would expect of living people-laughing, nodding, smiling...watching Iris paint does wonders, at least, for the imagination.

Action: No movement, might as well finish painting
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:55:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 90