Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: EXTREME FARMING SIMULATOR and herbs on the side  (Read 16248 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FARMING SIMULATOR and herbs on the side
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

"One Ironwood Hoe will do just fine, thanks."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »

An acre actually has no "set" shape :D It simply defines area. Hee hee.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »

I think sky is into traditional acres.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2016, 07:57:41 am »

Oh hey i just realized that everyone posted! I shall procrastinate coding something by updating my forum game!

(Nirur) Phil:

[5] If there's one thing Ye Olde Booke is good at, it's potioncraft basics! Phil references the very short table in the back.

"Some herbs are exceptionally good at amplifying the effects of other ones," it says, heavily paraphrased. "However, there are only three or so common substances that are actually useful in everyday potions, because other reagents are either too rare, too weak, or too toxic."

[ Abridged Table of Potion Reagants ] (or, Six Substances That Enhance Potions / You'll Never Guess The First One!)

- Base Herb -
  The base herb, a herb with narrow, medium-length leaves arranged in a "bush" shape around a central mildly woody stem is often mistaken for a tuft of hardy grass. In truth, it has slightly less herbological worth than your common grass. But, when combined with other herbs, it serves to increase the amount of potion produced without sacrificing quality. That is, base herbs are weak reagents, but the ease in acquiring them puts them at the top of the list.

- White Herb -
  Paleness like porcelain and leaves that sound ominously like bones rattling characterise this herb. It is usually found in moist underground caves that have bones nearby. Some superstitious people believe that the rattle of its leaves lure dumb stupid brave adventurers to unfortunate demises. While that is most definitely a myth, it is frequently found growing amongst the dry skeletons of unfortunate men. The White Herb is a powerful reagent, though, and is highly sought after.

- Decoction of Base (aka Base Solution) -
  White herbs are unfortunately rare. Aspiring apothecarists, aiming to avoid an addition to white herbs have instead created an artificial alternative: boiling dozens of base herbs into a sludge, then squeezing out a small amount of concentrate. This, however, only is about half as potent as a single white herb.

- Alchemical Gold -
  "Alchemical gold" actually has little to do with alchemy. Gold that is conjured by mages has extremely high quality, and if a mage can be convinced to create a fine powder of pure gold, rather than a bar, this powder is usable as a reagent approximately as strong as a white herb but astronomically more expensive.

It also leaves a gritty feeling in the mouth.

- Blood [the rest of the page seems torn out]

Perhaps Phil could toss some bored children a few coin and tell them to gather as many base herbs as they can, or attempt to grow a lot at once. Or, would he rather ask some travelling merchant to get him an order of base solution, or maybe even white herbs?

(lawastooshort) Nigel:

[3] Nigel lies on the ground. It is rather uncomfortable, being glass and all. He speaks soothing, loving words to it, stroking it gently!

[1] The ground rears up and strikes him while he is vulnerable!

[1]
vs
[3]

Nigel takes 1 damage, and is now partially buried under earth! And the earth has sharp glass bits in it so it hurts even more D:

(Flying Dice) Roland:

Roland moves twenty meters away. The ground here is fairly grassy.
[1] It has a NEEDS CLEARING state of +100%. Will he attempt to clear it, or will he plant the seeds without clearing the land of grass? Or perhaps move back to his original plot?

(Mergol) darkpaladin:

Mergol purchases the IRONWOOD HOE for 13 bronze. In his hands, it transforms into an IRONWOOD HOE OF DESTINY, gaining 3 durability. It seems to look more full of purpose.

"Anything else?"

Earth

So with great concentration and proverbial clenched hand,
It started to practice the moving of land.

[6](+20% EARTHEN RHYTHM)(+10% +1) = 7.92
vs
[6]

Earth flexes its tectonic plates. They shift slightly, then move back into place. But what's important is not the result, but the process. +1 EARTHEN POWER.

Begin to gather MAGMA from the depths of the world for our glorious goals.

[3](+1% MAGMATIC STOCKPILE) = 3.03
vs
[3]

Earth defies the laws of thermodynamics! But only barely. +0.5 MAGMATIC STOCKPILE.

Spoiler: statuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: earth (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:09:41 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:36 am »

Earth

Gather more MAGMA, we must stockpile vast quantities in order to acquire it even faster!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2016, 08:36:02 am »

I can do better! I must!
That was hardly a shake.
I will focus my power and tremble my crust,
Until one day these humans will break.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2016, 09:25:44 am »

I can do better! I must!
That was hardly a shake.
I will focus my power and tremble my crust,
Until one day these humans will break.

Let it be done, later though, for now
We must gain more power first,
Unless we want to be the worst,
Of the elemental lords, but later, we will take a bow.

So let us gather more magma,
So let us gather our power,
And soon our power will flower,
And the magma, upon the humans, it will then shower.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2016, 11:07:32 am »

((That was indeed an action to simply practice tectonics more, not a direct attack yet.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2016, 11:15:07 am »

"Dammit, Earth! What did I do to deserve a partial burial in glassy bits of earth of all things!? I only wanted a cuddle! I only wanted to let you know that I respect your feelings and indeed you on an intellectual and personal level! We could be a team! Not mindlessly searching for the moral advantage on a sad drift to bitterness and separation or perhaps in my specific case full burial in glassy bits of earth! I thought we could be friends!"

Berate the earth thus and try to use my charisma to calm and then charm it into submission.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2016, 01:55:25 pm »

((Yeah, sorry Sky, should have specified long-ways.))

Wait several minutes, watching the original patch of soil. If it calms, return and replant the shoots.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2016, 03:06:34 pm »

"Dammit, Earth! What did I do to deserve a partial burial in glassy bits of earth of all things!? I only wanted a cuddle! I only wanted to let you know that I respect your feelings and indeed you on an intellectual and personal level! We could be a team! Not mindlessly searching for the moral advantage on a sad drift to bitterness and separation or perhaps in my specific case full burial in glassy bits of earth! I thought we could be friends!"

Berate the earth thus and try to use my charisma to calm and then charm it into submission.
Assist this with ghost powers.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »

Explore for herbs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2016, 05:39:21 pm »

Kill Nigel!
Pleaseeee?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2016, 06:50:06 pm »

Kill Nigel!
Pleaseeee?

If this is a valid command to the earth, change my action to using my ghostly powers to negate Coolrune's action.

Seriously guys, this "tell the earth what to do" thing is starting to get out of hand.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2016, 08:39:41 pm »

Seriously guys, this "tell the earth what to do" thing is starting to get out of hand.
((But think of the sweet schadenfreude when they finally kill someone and get in, only to realize that they've made the planet make Venus look like a garden world, and their newb farmer dies on the first turn.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14