Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: EXTREME FARMING SIMULATOR and herbs on the side  (Read 15825 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: EXTREME FARMING SIMULATOR and herbs on the side
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 08:14:15 am »

(Nirir) Phil:

Nirur takes a trip to the town!

[2] Strangely, the alchemist's shop is closed. There is an official-looking iron sign on the door. It reads:

[This Property Is Now The Property of our Good Lord, Baron Nussbaum,

For the Owner of this Property has committed Crimes against the Natural Order of the World.

Tresspassers will be Punished to the Full Extend Possible
]

Go in anyways?

(lawastooshort) Nigel:

More foraging!

[4][2][1] Nigel shakes a poison herb and gets some POISON HERB SEEDS! He also just picks the thing, for good measure. Poison herbs aren't useful for most potions, but perhaps he could kill something with it.

Nigel is very careful to wipe his hands clean of poison herb residue before contining.

+1 poison herb seed
+2 poison herb

[6][6][5] He then steps on a infernal herb patch, singeing his leather boot sole before he can react. He quickly stomps out the flame and consults the Olde Book on how to collect this herb.

... Apparently, infernal herbs have an "ardent blaze that never goes out," so Nigel can just pour water on one and quickly bring it back to a non-flammable place.

+2 infernal herb seeds!
+8 infernal herbs!

Once back home, Nigel puts the infernal herbs on a bare patch of dirt, where they safely reignite a few minutes later.

+2 XP to EXPLORATION!

(darkpaladin) Mergol:
[3] The ground rises up!

Mergol attacks the ground with his hoe!!
[1](-25% rusty) = .75
vs
[2](+25% rocky) = 2.5

A swing and a miss! Mergol's hoe of DESTINY is swung straight into a large boulder that Mergol swears wasn't there a moment ago. -1 durability! It now has 2 left.

The ground strikes a violent pose! Run away?

(Flying Dice) Roland:

[6]16 Apparently, near the patches of dirt Roland calls his own, only base herbs grow...

+2 base herb seed
+12 base herb

[1] The ground siezes the opportunity and strikes at Roland's plants!

[1](-50% loamy) = .5
vs
[1] = 1

However, it is too loamy to actually do any damage to the plants. The herbs COUNTERATTACK by growing OLD! -50% potential, +100% potency!

Roland quickly runs back and beats the ground back into submission. Take that you stupid ground!

Spoiler: statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:17:32 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 10:29:38 am »

Yon herbs look ready for gathering. Do so.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2016, 11:11:18 am »

Plant all of my seeds! Dig some deep furrows first though. Well, at least try.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2016, 01:45:32 pm »

Splash some of my water on the ground.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2016, 03:20:04 pm »

No.

Go buy some cooking tools which would be useful for potions instead. If possible, find a blacksmith to repair my hoe as well.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 05:03:09 pm »

Plant all of my seeds! Dig some deep furrows first though. Well, at least try.
A ghostly, old druid appears before Nigel.

"YOU! Your goals are the most closely aligned with mine! Over the years, I have come up with many alchemy ideas, but have lacked the physical form to enact them. If you do NOT furrow that ground, I shall tell you an idea of mine- a way to water crops without having to dig irrigation channels."

I realized that I'm never going to get off of the waitlist, so I'm going to help lawastooshort and use him to test my ideas. May we please wait for him to respond?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2016, 06:40:03 pm »

((PTW and waitlist if there is one.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2016, 02:46:54 am »

I realized that I'm never going to get off of the waitlist, so I'm going to help lawastooshort and use him to test my ideas. May we please wait for him to respond?

The show must go on! But it's perfectly fine to talk to him between updates.

(Flying Dice) Roland:

Roland first collects the base herbs!
[3](-50% old)(-25% onlyplanted75%) = [1.12]  potential

[3] skill
vs
[3]

Roland acquires one (1) base herb!

Next up is the bloody herbs.

[3](-50% old)(-75% onlyplanted25%) = [.375]

... It doesnt seem there is enough to actually collect. Roland instead digs up the herbs to use as cuttings--when planted, they will instantly become YOUNG and be MATURE next turn.

total:
+1 base herb
+1 bloody herb cuttings

(lawastooshort) Nigel:

Since the other patch of ground is in use, Nigel must clear some new ground.

[4] The patch next to his first one is covered in grass but looks like it DRAINS WELL. How will Nigel clear it?

[6] The stiff dirt and stiff herbs are still preventing the ground from making any moves. -10% potential, though, because it's toostiff.

The stiff sunshine herbs are now MATURE!

(Nirur) Phil:

[5] The blacksmith's more than happy to fix up your hoe for you, at the low, low cost of 10 bronze per durability. How much to fix?

[5] As for cooking tools, Phil purchases a wooden cutting board for ten bronze. He has a choice between a SMALL LEAD HAMMER--which is heavy enough to crush plants up real good, and is also cheap, but may or may not have a small chance of lead poisoning (+20% tool bonus, +?% chance of poisoning, 20 bronze); a SMALL SILVER HAMMER, expensive but effective (+20% tool bonus, 80 bronze); or a simple SMALL IRON HAMMER (+10% tool bonus, 20 bronze).

(darkpaladin) Mergol:
Mergol quickly uncorks the vial of sparkling water and sprinkles it on the ground.

[4] The ground seems to visibly melt back into the ground... despite how impossible it sounds. It is calm once more. For now.

The shallowly planted base herbs are now MATURE!

Spoiler: statuses (click to show/hide)

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 05:29:09 am »

((Sorry, I hadn’t seen I was being talked to by a ghostly presence.))

Nigel replies, cautiously.

”Er, go on then, spirit type thing?”

((Mature plants are harvestable then?))

Harvest my mature plants!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2016, 05:50:06 am »

Yes, mature plants are harvestable.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2016, 10:32:44 am »

Harvest plants!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2016, 11:00:09 am »

((Sorry, I hadn’t seen I was being talked to by a ghostly presence.))

Nigel replies, cautiously.

”Er, go on then, spirit type thing?”

((Mature plants are harvestable then?))

Harvest my mature plants!
"Alright, so, the reason we dig furrows is so that we're spared the manual labor of watering the plants ourselves, right? What if we made a servant that could water them by hand, like a golem or an elemental?"

"I think that if you mix a water-aligned plant with a source of mana in some water, and dip in something that's order-aligned, you might be able to create (and control, with the order-aligned object) a water elemental. Then, the earth wouldn't get so upset and might let your plants grow. It obviously tolerates non-furrowed plants, as evidenced by the forest over there."

"I think that if your replaced the water with oil and the water-aligned plant with one of those devil-herb plants, you could get a fire-elemental- but that'd probably burn your crops. Maybe you could trade it for a water one?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »

Get a full repair for 70, then buy the cutting board and iron hammer.
Collect my stuff and return home. If an action beyond buying is possible, make some inedible plant matter stew/"potion" as a test run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »

Plant all the bloody herb seeds and cuttings, interspersing the two. Keep an eye out for unruly terrain.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2016, 11:21:17 pm »

PTW, Never before has a game made me want to write Harvest Moon fanfiction...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14