Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liebretierra Expedition Chapter 1: Journey to a New World  (Read 2674 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Liebretierra Expedition Chapter 1: Journey to a New World
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:08:21 am »

Chapter One

It is the 14th of Jarian on the year 1214. The sun begins to descend towards the horizon as the expedition members leave Liebretierra for quite some time. Sir Garcia Benitez, Rahak Lianan, Ina Viga, Alan Radsmithed, Friederick Argive, Gwyndin Lafay, Meredith Uppermoor, and Greg the orc have said their goodbyes, if they have anyone to say goodbye to, and prepared well for their journey. The more magic oriented members, Rahak and Friederick have brought a wide variety of magical reagents. wands, spellbooks, and other magical devices. Meredith brought some magical items of a much more sinister quality with the sincere hope that she won't have to put them to use on this journey. Then of course the two nobles, Alan Radsmithed and Sir Garcia Benitez make the final preparations with their government liaison before they set sail. Radsmithed seems a little bit off, but it must be because he's never been much of a sailor. The two remaining members of the expidition bring little items of interest, mostly personal affects or items related scholarly pursuits.
As the sun sets the ship sets off. Each member travelling for different reasons, but all seek to change their future with this voyage. All are excited and anticipating their arrival.

29th of Jarian:
Its been slightly over two weeks now and the journey is seeming less and less exciting. The exact time it will take to get to the new world is largely unknown. It could be anywhere from ten to twelve weeks depending on the weather. The actual crew of the ship are kept busy with sailing, but you for the most part are left to your own devices. Some members of the expedition chat with others, but many members are quite anti social.

18 of Marung:
A month and a half later you've settled into a rhythm. The days go by faster now, and they blur together more. You are waiting and waiting for when you find the new world, but you know it is far far off.

32 of Marung:
A Karik is spotted gliding alongside the ship sails. A good omen.

24 of Hart:
Its been about 8 weeks now, you're unsure of that though. It may have been 7 or even 9. You've almost completely lost your mind from boredom. You've basically exhausted all the things you could do while trapped on a floating ship for two months.

13th of Pyk:
You're nearing the end of your voyage. The captain and crew swear up and down that the seas have changed and that land is jsut beyond the horizon. You're reinvigorated with new energy.

15th of Pyk:
The seas have gone sour. The wind is uncooperative and the seas are choppy. The crew prepares for yet another storm. There have been several during the journey, but nothing of major note.

15th of Pyk:
The storm is upon you as the sun sets and moon rises. This is the worst storm of the entire journey. Crew members and expedition members alike try to keep their belongings and cargo from being tossed overboard or dashed against the wall. Not to meantion they keep themselves from suffering a similar fate.

16th of Pyk:
It must now be just barely past midnight. The moon is high in the sky and pierces the raging clouds. This eerie light offers no comfort as it illuminates the dangers hidden within the storm:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A monster unheard of in your land, many times the size of your ship, has taken notice of you in the storm. Rain and wind pound your body, but you don't feel even a drop. You don't hear thre howling storm. You don't see the lightning flash or the waves. Your entire existence is composed solely of this monstrosity. It's many heads weave and roar in the tempest, a sound vaguely similar to thunder, but deeper and longer, a sound you will never forget. You watch as its massive maw opens and slams down into your ship. Cargo, the mast, and even the hull are smashed anddestroyed by the force of the blow. The ship has been smashed into tiny pieces! You are either tossed overboard or jump willingly, you can;t remember. You hit the water and once again are in awe at the sheer size of the beast, but this moment is cut short. You are thrown and battered by the waves caused by the beast. You manage to grab onto a piece of floating ship debris and hold onto it for dear life. Eventually, you pass out.

17th of Pyk:
 You wake up, soaked, limp and coughing salt water, but otherwise alive and uninjured. You cant believe you're alive, and then realize you;re on solid land.

Somehow you survived the terrible attack from that beast. The scholarly members realize that they'll have to name it at some point. As for right now you are alone, soaked to the bone, and completely without any of your possessions that weren't strapped to you when you went overboard. However, it seems that a strong current has swept not only you, but also a fair amount of debris, into this bay. Perhaps you can salvage something, or even find other survivors.

[/i]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:43:24 am by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Liebretierra Expedition Chapter 1: To the New World
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 06:17:58 am »

Gwyndin thanks the gods his scabbard is rather firmly strapped to his back. He searches for survivors to eat, hoping nobody minded the scent of wet dog.
Black lives matter.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liebretierra Expedition Chapter 1: Journey to a New World
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:41:45 am »

(Meredith is now officially androgynous, as androgynous as V in OOTS. Third person plural pronouns are to be used.)

"Damn. Lets see where should we start."

Meredith counts their current possessions. Then they look around to see if there is anything salvageable.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:46:37 am by evilcherry »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 08:42:42 am »

((They/them could also work, if people get confused.))
Black lives matter.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:46:08 am »

((They/them could also work, if people get confused.))
Can do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 10:50:07 am »

"Ahh, this sucks.  At least my wand is still..."
Tied to his wrist, right?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »

"What Was that beast?"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »

PTW

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »

(Meredith is now officially androgynous, as androgynous as V in OOTS. Third person plural pronouns are to be used.)

"Damn. Lets see where should we start."

Meredith counts their current possessions. Then they look around to see if there is anything salvageable.

Meredith finds that their hammer and backpack are accounted for. Unfortunately the back-pack opened and all the contents have been washed out. It is now full of sand, seaweed, and muck.

[12] You see several waterlogged wooden crates that have been washed ashore. There are three that look to be intact.

"Ahh, this sucks.  At least my wand is still..."
Tied to his wrist, right?

You look at your wrist and let out a terrible moan. The wand isnt there! You bury your face in your hands. Something pokes your right cheek. Its your wand! You were looking at the wrong hand. *phew*.

Gwyndin thanks the gods his scabbard is rather firmly strapped to his back. He searches for survivors to eat, hoping nobody minded the scent of wet dog.

After checking your scabbard you look around to see if anyone is still alive. Before you see anyone you hear someone say:
"What Was that beast?"
from behind you.

You look around and eventually all the members of the expedition come together. It seems that they all survived whereas none of the crew survived. You take a moment to mourn your captain who did his best for you and his ship.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 01:33:38 pm »

"Some sort of titanic sea monster... I am glad we're away from it, even if by shipwreck."
Black lives matter.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

"I Think that if we could kill the beast, [INPUT NAME OF CIV LEADER] would like to have that monster's head On there trophy Wall, But it may be a mite too big... Well, we'd best gather what we have and Start looking for somewhere to Store what we still have..."

Alan Radsmithed checks if he has his sword and starts looking for shelter.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:45:42 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 01:50:09 pm »

((I am very surprised that a random character detail turned out to be very very useful...))
Right, take an inventory of available spells...
"I'm more worried about what to do now.  Guess we could open these crates?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »

Garcia quietly surveys the wreckage. All he can do is send a silent prayer to the Almighty in thanks for delivering him safely to the New World. He checks to see if, by luck, he had put on his armor and sword before the shipwreck.
"I'm more worried about what to do now.  Guess we could open these crates?"
"Sí. We'll need shelter food and supplies if we want to see Liebretierra again."
He looks around for something to open the crates with. He'd use his sword, but it's not some rough tool, it was made by Nicolás Varela, one of the finest weaponsmiths in Andalucia.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 03:46:08 pm »

Rahak was wrenching the water from his robe. The man was drenched in salty water, his face warped in annoyance.
 "What a fascinating creature that was... a shame it so rudely destroyed the ship. Friederick, I will need to meditate for some time while I retrieve my focus from the ocean."
Rahak sits down on a rock as he meditates, focusing on his crystal which he dropped in the ocean as he begins to telekinetically bring it to him.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 03:48:17 pm »

"That's why I tie mine to my wrist..."
Sigtext

Pages: [1] 2