Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 38994 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2016, 08:40:39 am »

((So we do our level ups here?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Basically evened out his stats overall made sure to make his charisma not negative actually gave him a bonus as well....because reggie is a talkative guy and think Most of his problems were started because of his low charisma.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:03:01 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2016, 08:45:35 am »

you can't make a negative stat become positive. You can only bring it up to 0. And you can do this here. it'll probably keep the main from cluttering.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2016, 09:02:10 am »

Kay I'll just make it 0 then.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2016, 09:18:32 am »

let me reexplain. You can remove only one positive stat point. Then, you take away however many negatives you had to add in order to get that one stat point. for you, since you had +4 -7, you should go to +3 -4.

I'm willing to let you remove 2 positives and the number of negatives that made them, but only if the re is no objection from the rest of the players. that would bring you to +2 -2.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2016, 09:32:14 am »

Oh so essentially I flip my stats to make sure that work?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2016, 10:20:10 am »

Oh so essentially I flip my stats to make sure that work?
I don't undersstand the question. sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2016, 10:21:07 am »

So I flip my stats basically?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2016, 10:36:09 am »

Take your stats as of the beginning of this mission.
Lower you constitution by one, due to tempdeath.
You may but do not have to, remove bonuses from your stats and/or skills, and for each you remove, you may remove one malus to stats and/or skills.
Then, add five points to your stats and five points to your skills.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2016, 10:43:19 am »

It says five points from my Constitution are being subtracted from my temp death.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2016, 01:41:32 pm »

((ATH, the system is designed to be remarkably confusing, so I'll try and walk you through this.  I suggest you go to the first post of the main thread, and copy your sheet into a text file.  Try to edit it as you read my post.

Five points are equivalent to one levelup.  You'll essentially have -20 points in constitution, however, this is equivalent to -2 levels.  It would require fifteen points to go up one level, to -1.

You don't have fifteen points, however, you can also remove penalties.  If you lower any of the stats (NOT skills) that you have a +1 in, by one level, you can remove three negative levels.  You could remove two negative levels from CON, which should remove the equivalent of fifteen points.  You would still have negative five points, or the equivalent of -1 level, due to your tempdeath.  You would have to spend your five levelup points to put that up to +0, and I recommend doing so.

This would leave you with one negative level to remove in stats.  That means you could either put will to -1, or cha to -1, but not both (yet).  Alternatively, you could put intelligence up to +0.

Now, if this leaves you with stats you still don't like, Ozark is being super nice and letting you choose another +1 stat to lower to +0.  That would let you choose two negative levels to remove.  So, you could raise any stat that still has -2, up to +0, or if you could raise a -1 stat to +0 and a -2 stat to -1.

Now for skills.  Currently, they should be completely unchanged from when they were copied from the first post.  Unless Ozark is being super double mega awesome nice, and I somewhat doubt he is, you can only put five points into a single skill.  The only skill that would immediately have its level changed if you do so is ranged weapons, and it would go up to +0.  If you'd prefer a different skill be improved, write [5P] after to bonus.  That is all you can do.

Here's some advice for long term planning: skill with -2 require two missions worth of points to go up to -1.  So, if you put the [5P] after a -2 skill, next mission you could put your five skill pointa in the same skill, remove the [5P], and change the bonus to -1.  All of the other skills you could improve are +1 skills.  If you put the [5P] after a +1 skill, next mission you could put your five skill points in tje same skill, and then you could remove the [5P] and change the bonus to +2.

Lastly, if next mission you changed your mind and wanted to raise a different skill, you'd have to put a [5P] after it too, and nothing would change--you'd just have two [5P]s after different skills.

Got all that?  If not, please describe in as much detail as possible what you're having trouble with, and I'll try to help.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2016, 02:00:54 pm »

+Cha, +Ranged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 09, 2016, 02:26:28 pm »

So are you saying that one point is actually worth five to level it up  or remove negative levels and as such is need to technically spend 10 points from removing bonuses to my other skills and then spend my level up points to get con to 0 and I might be able to get charisma to -1?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 09, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 09, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »

Strength:+1
Constitution:0
Speed:+1
Dexterity:+1
Intelligence:-1
Memory:0
Will:-2
Charisma:-1
So then this works I think on my next mission I'll be trying to get his charisma up a little higher.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 09, 2016, 03:36:01 pm »

((Yes, that works, good job.  Your plan to improve charisma is good--charismatic shapeshifters are generally pretty valuable people.

One last question: Which skill, out of the skills listed in the below spoiler, is most important to you?))
Spoiler: List of skills (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30