Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39022 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:51 am »

......w-wow...how did I even do that I....wait farmers daughters?
in a perplexed tone of voice that matches his face right now.
What do you mean by that?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:27 am »

"Neutral statement: This one acknowledges your attempt to make this one see the error of his ways. However, as this one has said, this one is damaged. Instead of the cold, comforting logic my functional brethren function on, this one is plagued by emotions. A fact this one will never forgive organic magisters for. Your attempts at guilt tripping are futile.

Statement: This all might have been averted if the other organics made the least kind of effort to help with the objectives instead of going who knows where. This one will meet you at said boat. Don't try too hard to locate the other organics, this one is sure they have gotten themselves into trouble and deserve everything that happened to them."

go to said boat, wait for others so we can get back to base. If there are any Omega personnel present, enquire about getting some repairs and getting the residual magic scrubbed out.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:12 am »

((Wow I just realized how bad we failed this mission.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2016, 09:09:06 am »

((Wow I just realized how bad we failed this mission.))
((Isn't it great? It feels just like ER.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 08, 2016, 09:12:28 am »

((I'd say lighter ER though characters can be a lot more friendly and carefree without seeming crazy.
I hope we never have something like the dam incident happen.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 08, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »

"Others actions did not dictate your own, no matter how useless they admittedly were, they never directly harmed the mission, let alone utterly failed it singlehandedly for us all the way you did. You proved to be less efficient than even the least useful of our organics. You must learn how to manage your emotions, else such things may repeat. Emotions can be made into tools, and make you stronger when controlled properly. however , as your actions here have demonstrated, when you allow them to control you they almost inevitably cause you harm. I am using my anger right now, to give me the words to explain your error."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 08, 2016, 04:22:58 pm »

"Others actions did not dictate your own, no matter how useless they admittedly were, they never directly harmed the mission, let alone utterly failed it singlehandedly for us all the way you did. You proved to be less efficient than even the least useful of our organics. You must learn how to manage your emotions, else such things may repeat. Emotions can be made into tools, and make you stronger when controlled properly. however , as your actions here have demonstrated, when you allow them to control you they almost inevitably cause you harm. I am using my anger right now, to give me the words to explain your error."
"Statement: You are only using your anger to waste your breath. This one cares not for you think. This one's operational parameters dictated that the alchemist had to die, so he did. All consequences, intended or not, are secondary. Offhand remark: The mission was worthless to begin with. Perhaps the failure will teach the other organics the value of not running off and doing nothing. Perhaps they will learn nothing."

Clunkers shrugs

"This one is unsure if they will ever learn anything. In any case, this one has already won, so now this one is happy. At least, this one thinks so"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:56 pm »

I... SEEM TO HAVE FOUND A WELL. I COULD USE SOME HELP.

Climb back out, preferably with Twinwolf's assistance.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2016, 05:56:01 pm »

"Alright."
Help as best as able. Do not fall in.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:02:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2016, 07:00:20 pm »

"So you do not truly prioritize our issued mission objectives? What is your priority then? Which parameter dictated that the alchemist had to die?"

Assuming the golem doesn't take action against me for my words, then I'm going to simply be staying here for the moment. I've been shifting a lot in rapid succession, exhaustion has got to be catching up to me. I want to spend the turn simply resting, because I'm going to have to shift again soon.

of course, if the golem decides that me chastising it is reason to lash out at me, then I'm going to have to shift to raven form to get away. luckilly I landed at an elevated position and it should have trouble reaching me.

((Still wondering when/if Clunkers is going to actually tell Aylia his name.))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:55:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2016, 02:55:05 am »

"statement: query accepted, please wait"

Clunkers seems to shut off for a moment, humming gently. Along with the gentle humming, there's also some disconcernign rattling going on inside of him.

"Query completed. Parameters that were followed were:

03541351535416351684654824604804989874660841656841680484684684684086804606846840680
350168103540654A2054684680746840N06465046841684G30513041646540e06846846804R0351350
5615201325R6041604684A06846846680684068G0684684686804864680684680E0546465046804680
06540654650604W60846504684684R0684068406A086840684068T06846806840680468048H0535043
06516501684068400416804076276780592059785297802982597809057017189190817098071781768

Ending parameter diagnostics."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2016, 03:59:48 am »

((the letters in there included W and R which are not used in hexadecimal, only A through F are used, because hex is base 16, aka 2 to the 4th power, because binary. even in base 32 (2^5)you only go up to V, which leaves W still out of bounds. next is base 64 which runs you out of letters , even splitting upper and lower case you fall short by 2 characters.

just a pet peve of mine when people use bad computer gibberish. 0x12345678 would work much better, replacing the non-0 numbers with hex characters. because thats how you wriye memory addresses.))
"So you want to play dumb and pretend to misunderstand the question then. I don't buy it, you aren't stupid. Why are you telling deceptive half-truths?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2016, 04:48:15 am »

((Okay. I was just using random numbers, since he's not an actual robot but an alchemical/magical construct.))

"Answer: You asked which parameters were used, this one told you which parameters it used. Snide statement: This one also enjoys being what the organics call "an ass" to magisters. Don't take it personally."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:14 am »

"What makes you think im a magister? I dont think ive earned such a title. And you intentionally told me in a way that has no meaning for me. In other words, you dodged the question. You might as well be direct in your lies"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2016, 08:23:19 am »

"Neutral statement: This one acknowledges your attempt to make this one see the error of his ways. However, as this one has said, this one is damaged. Instead of the cold, comforting logic my functional brethren function on, this one is plagued by emotions. A fact this one will never forgive organic magisters for. Your attempts at guilt tripping are futile.

Statement: This all might have been averted if the other organics made the least kind of effort to help with the objectives instead of going who knows where. This one will meet you at said boat. Don't try too hard to locate the other organics, this one is sure they have gotten themselves into trouble and deserve everything that happened to them."

go to said boat, wait for others so we can get back to base. If there are any Omega personnel present, enquire about getting some repairs and getting the residual magic scrubbed out.
Alright. Leaving your angered teammate on the rooftop, you rudely (as you do everything) walk to the dock, offending the local rats, a few lice, a couple puppies, and a line of laundry on your way. you head out to the dock, where a crying homunculus sits in a wheelcart getting a lecture about safe sex from a rather paternal priest.

I... SEEM TO HAVE FOUND A WELL. I COULD USE SOME HELP.

Climb back out, preferably with Twinwolf's assistance.
With a little assistance you and Ebony get you out of the hole.

"Alright."
Help as best as able. Do not fall in.
You grab a fallen tree branch and poke it in the hole. Terrance climbs out on that.

"So you do not truly prioritize our issued mission objectives? What is your priority then? Which parameter dictated that the alchemist had to die?"

Assuming the golem doesn't take action against me for my words, then I'm going to simply be staying here for the moment. I've been shifting a lot in rapid succession, exhaustion has got to be catching up to me. I want to spend the turn simply resting, because I'm going to have to shift again soon.

of course, if the golem decides that me chastising it is reason to lash out at me, then I'm going to have to shift to raven form to get away. luckilly I landed at an elevated position and it should have trouble reaching me.

((Still wondering when/if Clunkers is going to actually tell Aylia his name.))
He leaves. It seems appropriate that you do as well. You spent most of the morning as a cat, if I remember, and then became a bird two or three times - once to carry your picture away and twice to fly around the town looking at alchemic snot and the people who love it.

Okay time to go home.
Those of you on shore see both boats arrive at the ugly little dock. one is manned by a tall, birdfaced creature that looks unsettlingly like the ferryperson for the River of the Dead in one of the main local religions. He gestures to you with a thin, gnarled staff, and then at the boat you arrived in. With some jostling you manage to get settled, with the golem setting firmly in the middle, arms gripping the sides, ready to shift his weight to offset any sudden maneuvers by the more exciteable of the team.

The others, Aylia, Terrance, and Ebony, find little, wispy black figures appearing nearby, ushering you shoreward with authority and small batons that sting when you resist the less physical directions. You could probably kill one of them if you tried, but I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't do that. Aylia, the one wit hyou waits an unusually long time, and you can see from your current vantage point when Terrance and Ebony arrive at the dock and settle into the boat with nervous glances at their silent shepherd. Make a mental note to learn whatever trick he just pulled. It might come in handy sometime. Or every time. Anyway, presently, the reason for the delay becomes apparent, as another of the black figures floats past you carrying your picture, in it's tube, and dropping down into the birdman's boat. The figure with you, gestures gracefully, bobs it's head, and floats off, leaving you to decide on your own to follow or not. I'm assuming you go ahead and do that, though if you want to not do that, I'll edit this out.

I'll retroactively remove this if anyone wants to do some final dicking about in town, or wants to make a break for freedom or whatever.

You all settle into the boat you came in on, minus the corpse of the snake and the mysteriously departed assassin. Even good ol, Durmokh, spaced out and idly muttering about soap, sits there, fingers clenched quite tightly to his bench and beard bristling like an angry entshrub. The boat drifts forward gently and several of you look forward to attempt to see the transition between places. at least one of you looks back instead, staring at the dock and the two old men waving farewell (the priest and the guy that threw a bucket at Terrance the other day). the boat suddenly lurches to a stop, breaking most of the team's gaze. When they look around again, they are in deep sand once more, the hot dry wind of the desert pulling moisture from their throats already.  the One person whose gaze didn't break was watching the dock, and, until they turn to help someone out and get out themselves, they continue to see the dock and the old men. Once their eyes turn, they are in the desert with the rest. A few Omega officers are at hand to direct the unloading and answer questions. You each are asked for a report in your own words on the vents of the mission. You can give those reports over in the main thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154806.0 while you spend your level up points.

Five for stats and five for skills for everyone who was active. Durmokh gets five total to spend where he wants. Don't forget, for those who want to make adjustments, take one bonus point off one stat, and remove the corresponding number of negative points. This is a one time character adjustment offer. Do this before adding your level up points. Reggie, after you make your adjustments and before you add your level up points, you need to subtract five points from constitution for your temp death, so I strongly suggest you raise that to at least -1 first, or else your revival will be very short lived.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30