Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39195 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2016, 11:55:29 pm »

Do... something.
... You brought this on yourself. remember that. You just gave me control of your character, for this turn. And I, along with my trusty sidekick, Arehn Ghe, will cosider yor past activities and act accordingly.

hmm. ou recognize voices along with the noise in the grass. The humans have come. Fueled by lust for gold, you slither forward toward the rustling. Sure enough, there are three humans carrying weapons, moving about in a search pattern, and occasionally calling out for Omega. they seem half hearted in their search, and you slither to within arm's reach of one, apparently unnoticed. you each out a claw and tug lightly on his belt pouch, but it refuses to come off. Unfortunately he notices, but turns too late, and you are gone in the grass again. "Here! I think I found one!" he calls. 'bring Mrs. Badesworth! She can track it from here, I bet. it's a slippery one." With that, the three men gather together in a relatively clear spot and wait, while an unseen person begins running away toward town.

huh. that was anticlimactic. I thought for sure you were about to get into a fight.

((Crap, I was thinking perma-die instead of normal death. Retcon?))
((sure, sure. wanna tell them that clunkers is scouting the goop, and durmokh has an idea about soap and that your lumpy friend was one of you? that's four, and four unaccounted for. But it's really three unaccounted for, since we are going to pretend that Moonlit's character doesn't exist. you going to actually head out with these guys this round? bringing anyone along with you? You can assume anyone with you follows your lead if you decide to take them, unless they post otherwise.))

Action unchanged
it's warm, the sun is shining brightly. You find a warm spot nearby and curl up, doing that half nap thing cat's do, ear's twitching occasionally and chest rumbling softly. You are alert enough to tell if people come and go, but the mundanities of the conversation fade into an indistinct blur.

A short while later, yo pick up the sound of several pairs of feet heading your way. before long, the two men you are listening to also begin to stir. You raise your head and instantly recognize Clunkers.

"Annoyed statement: Yes, this one's so called coworkers have been rather lax in achieving our objective. Explenation: This one was just returning to the alchemist in question after fetching some of his things from his now demolished workshop. Statement: Perhaps it would be good to speak to this mayor of yours. Request: If you would be so kind to lead the way, Edun?"

Let Edun and the gang lead me to their mayor to have a chat with him
You carry your loot with you. Edun leads the way, and the other two fall in behind you, out of arm's reach. Edun looks back several times, giving a sickly, nervous smile each time. You arrive at the square and see two men sitting at a bench. Both look at you in some surprise. One recovers more quickly than the other, who stared, jaw dropped, until the first suggests he head out and be about his business. Which he does with surprising speed for an old man. "That's Jacum" Edun tells you, unnecessarily. "We found one of the Omegas, Jacum1" he announces, equally unnecessarily. "He came along peacefully. he says he was working with the alchemist."

"A golem ... was this what you guys saw at the mines?" "No. Least, I don't think it was. It was smaller and went on all fours." "I see. Go fetch Aders. He was supposed to meet these people yesterday. he's off by the lake." "They say you can talk, Mr. Golem. We seem to have some confusion going on here. Perhaps you could tell us about your group. How many of you are there, and what kinds of beings, for starters. And, if you even know, where they all are?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2016, 12:06:01 am »

Leave these fools and relocate, still near the town, but in an entirely different direction. Drag the Octopode with me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2016, 12:07:06 am »

I wait, still curled up, but pay close attention to this conversation.

Please don't reveal me. Please don't reveal me. Please don't reveal me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2016, 12:11:13 am »

((Hopefully the alchemist can fix me))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2016, 07:28:44 am »

((sure, sure. wanna tell them that clunkers is scouting the goop, and durmokh has an idea about soap and that your lumpy friend was one of you? that's four, and four unaccounted for. But it's really three unaccounted for, since we are going to pretend that Moonlit's character doesn't exist. you going to actually head out with these guys this round? bringing anyone along with you? You can assume anyone with you follows your lead if you decide to take them, unless they post otherwise.))
((That works))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »

"This one honestly couldn't tell you, we haven't been together all that long. This one believes there are 8 of us, including this one. One teammate, a homunculus or something along those lines, is currently heavily damaged near the shrine. I remember some sort of lizard, an elf and a dwarf. The species of my other colleagues escapes me. This one distinctly remembers leaving three of them in the shrine, they were to guard the alchemist as this one went to fetch materials he needed to make the goop easier to relocate. That is where your people found me. This one does not know the positions of his other colleagues. And since they apparently did not find it necessary to aid with our tasks, this one doesn't particularely care for their position, nor for their well-being either.

Did this one answer your questions adequately, mayor?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2016, 08:51:32 am »

Leave these fools and relocate, still near the town, but in an entirely different direction. Drag the Octopode with me.
Oh goody. Having forgotten, or never having known, that Octopodes don't swim, you slither off to the lake with your friend in tow. He kinda panics once yo uguys are in the water, wrapping several dozen sticky appendages around your body. it's pretty hard to swim in this state. Good news is: none of the villagers are around to see it. Thank Arengee for overshoots.

I wait, still curled up, but pay close attention to this conversation.

Please don't reveal me. Please don't reveal me. Please don't reveal me.
You wait and listen. All good. Clunkers does his thing, and then Ebony appears, with Durmokh and the alchemist in tow. We're ignoring Moonlit's character. that leaves Reggie's broken body, and two others missing.

((That works))
Okay, you mention those things and , after a couple pokes with a stick, they are convinced that Reggie is harmless, and agree to leave him in the shrine under the eye ofthe priest, who by now has arranged a lovely offering again, presumably with Durmokh's help. You drag the embarrassed racist along, and the alchemist tags along as well. You are brought before the mayor or elder or whatever he is - no one really seems to know what title to give him - just as Clunkers finished telling him how useless you all are and how he doesn't know any of you.

"This one honestly couldn't tell you, we haven't been together all that long. This one believes there are 8 of us, including this one. One teammate, a homunculus or something along those lines, is currently heavily damaged near the shrine. I remember some sort of lizard, an elf and a dwarf. The species of my other colleagues escapes me. This one distinctly remembers leaving three of them in the shrine, they were to guard the alchemist as this one went to fetch materials he needed to make the goop easier to relocate. That is where your people found me. This one does not know the positions of his other colleagues. And since they apparently did not find it necessary to aid with our tasks, this one doesn't particularely care for their position, nor for their well-being either.

Did this one answer your questions adequately, mayor?"

"Well, here is the Alchemist, the elf and the dwarf now. That's four of your eight. A lizard? hmm, that does match one or two of the descriptions people were giving me this morning. but then, it could have been a Wendigo, for all the good their descriptions were. I believe one of your number has suffered a mental distraction of some sort, and is being cared for by the apocathary, so that leaves three of you missing.

It's not a great answer, no. I would have expected better precision from such a well constructed golem. Never mind. I think your contact has a way to track down the others. but it requires at least one of you to assist. Now, can you tell me how you plan on clearing the alchemist's mess? Is there anything I can do to help?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2016, 09:01:17 am »

"Ugh. You're on your own."
Set mollusk down on some beach. Keep swimming.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2016, 03:38:46 pm »

"Statement: This one is not sorry for not living up to your expectations. This one has ceased to care much about the expectations of the run of the mill organic a long time ago.  Cautionary tale: This is what happens when you mentally torture a poor automaton beyond its breaking point.

Answer: The alchemist has devised a way to deal with the goop. This one was to fetch some ingredients for the procedure from the alchemist's house, seeing as this one is well suited for exploring the goop by virtue of not being organic. Statement: This one does not know if you can help any more than any other organic present. This one advises you to ask the alchemist what you could do."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2016, 04:47:41 pm »

Allow Snakegan to drop me off on the nearest beach. Build a sandcastle.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2016, 06:37:45 pm »

Still here observing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2016, 03:17:28 pm »

"Ugh. You're on your own."
Set mollusk down on some beach. Keep swimming.
Allow Snakegan to drop me off on the nearest beach. Build a sandcastle.
Well, just as you guys get to shore, three armed villagers appear through the bushes and reeds and other stuff. They stop, eyes wide and stare for about five seconds. "You!" One exclaims.

Still here observing.
Clunkers is being snippy, the others are being vacant, thetownsman is being mildly flummoxed.

"Statement: This one is not sorry for not living up to your expectations. This one has ceased to care much about the expectations of the run of the mill organic a long time ago.  Cautionary tale: This is what happens when you mentally torture a poor automaton beyond its breaking point.

Answer: The alchemist has devised a way to deal with the goop. This one was to fetch some ingredients for the procedure from the alchemist's house, seeing as this one is well suited for exploring the goop by virtue of not being organic. Statement: This one does not know if you can help any more than any other organic present. This one advises you to ask the alchemist what you could do."

"Hah. the alchemist, as you may have noticed, has been rather useless in clean up so far. Well, what have you got there? some scrolls, a book, and a jar of something? Never mind, I'll leave you to it. Please keep me updated on your progress if you would."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

"Me."
Quickly jump back into the lake and swim away.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »

Grip onto Egan for dear life.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »

"Statement: This one will keep you updated, so long as doing so does not interfere with the objective."

Clunkers then goes to the alchemist

"Statement: This one has retrieved the items from your workshop. Query: How do we proceed?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30