Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39148 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »

I wasn't moving fast, I can't be far off the path. I pause, slowly take a few moments to reorient, and then go back the way I came until I return to the trail.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:02:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »

Reggie looks terrified and is sobbing he seems to be having a flashback.
GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!
NO! No! No! MOTHER NO!]
SCREAM AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE IN.HOPES SOMEONE FRIENDLY WILL FIND ME BEGIN REGENERATING DAMAGE THE SECOND I TAKE IT SHAPE CHANG ARMS TO BE LONG AND THICK DEFEND SELF WITH EVERYTHING I GOT!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2016, 06:00:53 pm »

GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!
NO! No! No! MOTHER NO!]
SCREAM AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE IN.HOPES SOMEONE FRIENDLY WILL FIND ME BEGIN REGENERATING DAMAGE THE SECOND I TAKE IT SHAPE CHANG ARMS TO BE LONG AND THICK DEFEND SELF WITH EVERYTHING I GOT!
if I hear this, then I drop what I'm doing and run towards the scream to investigate.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:03:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

((His Regeneration or someone finding him maybe rolling as high as he possibly can in his con when he gets hit or pushing enough people away Reggie is in the hands of fate or his friends or his own skill basically.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »

((Thanks, karma. Yes, I know that messing with magic is wrong. No, I don't need anything from the store. I love you too.))

Roll to lose control of the situation: [3].
This is fine.
I am fine with how things are going right now.
This can be solved. Now, let's start with FUCKING PAINKILLERS.
Roll to make use of resources: [3] GOOD ENOUGH ALSO SCARF DOWN ANOTHER EGG.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:24:14 pm by Egan_BW »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2016, 07:04:45 pm »

=="Terrence", Team II==

CHUMS, PLEASE! I AM WITH THE OMEGA LEGION, I MEAN YOU NO HARM! DESIST!

Keep running. If I see any tiny crevasses to hide in or squeeze my rubbery body through, by all means do so.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:08:17 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:44 am »

GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!
NO! No! No! MOTHER NO!]
You make your arms into clubs and attempt to ward off the incoming blows. your arms take a couple hits, denting and bending in the process, and then a couple get through. You take quite a beating, being pounded into an amorphous blob. the world goes dark, and you know no more.

GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!
NO! No! No! MOTHER NO!]
if I hear this, then I drop what I'm doing and run towards the scream to investigate.
You hear the screams and run to the scene, in time to see the shovels and picks go still and the men begin to shuffle about. "I ... I think it's dead. It looks dead. Is it dead?" "As dead as these things get. It won't be troubling us no more."

((Thanks, karma. Yes, I know that messing with magic is wrong. No, I don't need anything from the store. I love you too.))

Roll to lose control of the situation: [3].
This is fine.
I am fine with how things are going right now.
This can be solved. Now, let's start with FUCKING PAINKILLERS.
Roll to make use of resources: [3] GOOD ENOUGH ALSO SCARF DOWN ANOTHER EGG.

the tables have turned, and the player becomes his own GM :P
You eat egg number two, and you feel the magic course into you. Your bone knits together and the pain fades away. The ghosts sing a haunting, but beautiful melody as they wash away into the aether, leaving behind a single, clear note, which resonates to the rhythm of your egg magic. The oily black patter n on your belly remains, blurring into the blue-green sheen of the scales on the rest of your body - the color you got from the first egg. Your vision seems strange as well. Yo no longer see quite the same things everyone else sees. Instead, you see in terms of permanence, flow, energy, location and distance, and spirit. You have acquired Elemental Sight, and lost Normal Sight.

=="Terrence", Team II==

CHUMS, PLEASE! I AM WITH THE OMEGA LEGION, I MEAN YOU NO HARM! DESIST!

Keep running. If I see any tiny crevasses to hide in or squeeze my rubbery body through, by all means do so.
Your shouts go unheeded, but you manage to make good time against your pursuers, and get some ddistance asd you dart into the woods. You find a hollow place under the roots of a fallen tree and worm your way into it. You can hear the crowd nearby, and can tell from their conversation that they know roughly where you went, but have lost sight of you.

Alchemy
Most alchemy consists of three elements: the materia, the exchange, and the Symbol.  the materia is the physical objects to be acted on. The Exchange is the various items, energies, and processes used to make the change. some of the items in the exchange will usually be consumed in the process. the symbol is a design of power, and acts as a focus for the arcane energies and as a guide for the processes. Take forging a sword as a mundane example. the materia here would be a bar of steel. the exchange would involve coal, fire, bellows, hammer and anvil, tongs, and a dowsing barrel or two. the Symbol would be the Anvil, which provides a backdrop against which the hamer molds the iron or bronze into shape. or take a potter for example. the clay would be the materia, the spinning wheel would be the Symbol, and the potters hands, some water, additional wet clay, and fire would be the Exchange.

Materia is categorized according to several groups: the Elements (fire, earth, water, air and essence), Organics (wood, insect, animal, mystical) and metals. there are additional groups, but these are the basics. fire represents energy, Earth represents weight and permanence, water represents movement and change, air represents size, location, distance, and essence represents the fundamental nature of a thing (a rock's fundamental nature is as a physical object of earth, a sparrow's fundamental nature is of an animal of the sky, happiness' fundamental nature is a state of being, which involves wholeness and order with freedom.

Let's look at two minor examples of alchemic processes, to give a pattern from which you can experiment.
say you wanted to make a wooden tool, like a stirring spoon, very tough. toughness is an aspect of permanence, so you would be working with the element of earth. the materia is the spoon. a symbol here might be a long triangle, with the spoon placed at the pointy end of the triangle. Now, you could add toughness directly to the spoon without changing it from being a wooden spoon, by adding something like a rock to the wider end of the triangle, inside the lines, and channeling energy starting at the line farthest from the spoon and working toward the spoon, concentrating at last on the spoon. the spoon would harden, and the rock might become brittle as a matter of equivalent exchange. or you might invest additional energy and so preserve the rock's own toughness.

Or say you wanted to make a ring to glow when in the presence of fungi. You would need the ring, a sample of fungi, and something that glows, like a glow bug. you would need to bind the concept of glowing with the concept of presence of fungi, and instill this concept into the ring. so, the symbol might be a helix, drawing into a spiral. the glowbug and fungus would be placed at the starting point of the helix, and the ring would be placed at the center of the spiral. now, since you want presence, you will be dealing with air (location). a live butterfly or other winged insect would be one way to represent this, as their wings would make little currents of air. place thee in the helix line connected to the fungus, close to the first crossing of that line with the line from the glowbug. now, binding. binding is a form of change, so a small pool of water would be a very basic element for this. place a drop at each intersection of the lines from the bug and the fungus. Now you are ready to channel energy. start with the fungus, and as you work toward the live insect, add a second strand of energy to the glowbug. when you reach the insect, draw the concept of presence into the energy stream. dwar both energy streams to the first intersection and draw the concept of change-through-binding in. be sure to bind teh glow to the fungus, and not the other way around. you don't want glowing fungus :P. now, allow each stream to continue along their separate lines to each successive intersection (two intersections is enough for this example) and then pull them together into the spiral. at last, draw them into the ring, and poof! a fungal detector, or sporous nightlight.

Clear as mud? Good! ha hah. "clear as mud" .. ha ha ha. alchemy jokes are fun.

you can make even simpler alchemic effects. for example, take a spoon and a chunk of copper and place them in your hand.focus energy into combining the two, and you cna make either a copper spoon, or a wooden chunk. Or both, as a matter of equivalent exchange.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:08:07 am by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:26 am »

"Whaaaaat.
Hell yessss."

It would seem that Terrence is in need of assistance. Let's go and give him a hand.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:03 am »

((unconsious or dead?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2016, 10:03:24 am »

I watch and wait, hoping they either leave behind the whatever it was or hold it up so I can see it.

((actually I just hope they leave it behind.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Mini turn
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:48 am »

I watch and wait, hoping they either leave behind the whatever it was or hold it up so I can see it.

((actually I just hope they leave it behind.))
Imma give you a mini turn here. After a couple minutes of poking it and talking, they convince themselves it's dead and leave, heading villageward. they don't sound proud or excited about what happened.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:48 am »

I move up and investigate their kill.
Who screamed? None of the men were hurt...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:02 am »

((If still alive))
try and wake up if successful start regeneration.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2016, 10:34:21 am »

((sorry, I was unclear. You already recognize Reggie's sort of in-between-forms appearance. And the yell was distinctly in his voice, so you have good reason to believe you know what this is))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2016, 10:44:44 am »

Oh no. I'm no doctor but that looks bad.
I do NOT attempt any fancy medical treatment, but I look him over for bleeding without moving him. If he isn't bleeding, then I go hunting for some kind of small prey. He might be able to shift to heal but itll cost him im sure. If he is bleeding though, then my action will depend on how much and where.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30