Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39114 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Toxic Gross
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Thank you! Finally someone with some sense.

Take the bucket of soapy water over to Clunkers and the Alchemist.

Got some soap. Not much, and it's in water, but it's still soap. Do you think I should throw it at the spill yet?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2016, 05:54:13 pm »

Reggie team 2
....i t-think there going to try and hurt me with the metal things....
prepare to regenerate possible wounds shape shift sharp tendrils if attacked.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2016, 10:33:18 am »

"No, actually. This one thinks it might be best to gather a lot more soap and go for one all-out attack on the goop. However, this one is waiting for the alchemist to wake up. Half of our assignment was getting this organic back alive. Do not forget this. Good work on collecting some soap, though, you are to be commended for helping the mission effort."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2016, 07:13:26 pm »

Too bad I can't afford to play right now.
Sadly, I can't afford to take the time to practice hunting as a cat. I meow once, announcing my location to the unaware mice, and then head down the trail, looking for more signs of where the mechano-dog has gone.
it takes you a whole round to draw together the will to meow at the mice and let them run. You look toward the woods in the darkening gloom. Your cat eyes will see in the dark, though it will be mostly monochrome. You are confident that hat is the direction Reggie went.

Get out of town. Given conservation of detail, this is probably around where the Cat is. Also GET THE GODSDAMN MONEY.
You snatch up the silver piece and bolt. You come out of town and dive into the tall grasses in the thickening gloom of night. You slither away for a while before looking back. The sounds of pursuit are well behind, and they seem to be making little progress. Distracted, you fall down a little ravine into a shallow creek. Still holding the silver coin though.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Thank you! Finally someone with some sense.

Take the bucket of soapy water over to Clunkers and the Alchemist.

Got some soap. Not much, and it's in water, but it's still soap. Do you think I should throw it at the spill yet?
Okay, so two teammates are at the shrine of hobos and sleep. You notice that this is actually a shrine to Gern Mack, patron Saint of the Dismembered. An odd saint for a farming village. And an odd use for a shrine to that saint. Anyway, you place the bucket of soapy water, with the small blob of soap in it, by Clunkers for safekeeping.

Reggie team 2
....i t-think there going to try and hurt me with the metal things....
prepare to regenerate possible wounds shape shift sharp tendrils if attacked.
Your mass quivers with the strain, and you produce a few rubbery tendrils. Fortunately, the men seem unsure, and hold back. Darkness is descending, and they seem less inclined to chase you down. They kinda huddle together in a group back near the bend in the path.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

Move away slowly.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

"No, actually. This one thinks it might be best to gather a lot more soap and go for one all-out attack on the goop. However, this one is waiting for the alchemist to wake up. Half of our assignment was getting this organic back alive. Do not forget this. Good work on collecting some soap, though, you are to be commended for helping the mission effort."

Right, sure. Ok then. I guess I'll get some more then.

Head back to the marketplace. If anyone is still there, attempt to persuade them to give us more soap.
Sig text

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2016, 07:34:04 pm »

Take some time to focus on the injury and figure out how to magic it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »

Keep moving in hat - wait, hat? I mean, you said I think he's in hat direction... I'll just assume you meant "that". I keep moving in that direction, looking for Reggie, his tracks, other signs of his passage, whatever.

((Oz, the past two turns you seem to have implied that one of my characters core mechanics is slowly turning her into an NPC. Are you sure? You never even hinted at something like that during character creation and I'd like to get to play my own character.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:35:00 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:31 am »

((Shapeshifting, and the 'urge to hunt'?  as an organic, natural shapeshifter, I assumed you take on some of the qualities of what you become. It's pretty standard shapeshifter lore. And as a character unsure of her own identity, it seems you'd be a little susceptible to it to begin with. It's also the reason you understood enough of Mouse to gather any information from them. I don't intend to take control of your character. I rolled will against a hunting instinct. To be honest, it's different with different shapeshifters. Reggie, as a constructed creature, can mimic, but not adapt to, the forms around him. I can see that this bothers you, so pm me and we will adjust it. I've tried to play everyone as they describe in their actions and character generation (for example, I wasn't the one who had someone fall out of the boat - he or she did that themself. nor was it my choice to make the octopode uncomfortable in water), so if I stepped on your toes, I'm sorry.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:23 am »

((As long as it's not a cumulative penalty it's fine, I just don't want to have her be NPCd'.))

EDIT: ((To explain, I had a similar situation with Lyra in ER when she had just been cat-ified, where every darn turn she had to roll to not cat. It was infuriating, and made me unable to play my own character. The problem with making her roll for that kind of thing is it makes it impossible for me to RP it. Because if I RP it, then I'll be having her play it a little close and allowing those instincts to modify her actions, giving her penalties on her rolls to not be NPC'd. This results in me having to refuse to RP allowing her animal instincts affect her if I want to still have her be my character, and that isn't fun.))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:01:45 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2016, 11:51:59 am »

keep watching over the organic alchemist. Do not let him out of my sight for even a minute.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »

Move away slowly.
you ooze away from the path and into the darkness under the trees and amongst the undergrowth. You don't hear any pursuit.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

Right, sure. Ok then. I guess I'll get some more then.

Head back to the marketplace. If anyone is still there, attempt to persuade them to give us more soap.
you find a few older men sitting around on rickety old chairs, leaning against some building walls. "Soap, eh? might be able to rustle up a couple bars. Got anything to make it worth our while?"

Take some time to focus on the injury and figure out how to magic it.
You figure you'll need to dull the pain and align the bone, then knit the bone together somehow. You figure you might be able to do it, but you'll have to be careful. You've never magicked an injury before.

Keep moving in hat - wait, hat? I mean, you said I think he's in hat direction... I'll just assume you meant "that". I keep moving in that direction, looking for Reggie, his tracks, other signs of his passage, whatever.

((Oz, the past two turns you seem to have implied that one of my characters core mechanics is slowly turning her into an NPC. Are you sure? You never even hinted at something like that during character creation and I'd like to get to play my own character.))
"that" direction, yes. you find a single square hoofprint on the path under the trees, before you come to a split in the road. One split heads around the lake, the other off way from the lake. there is no indication which way Reggie went.

((it won't be cumulative. You won't carry any 'cat' over if you change into a sheep, for instance, and unless things go horribly, you won't be turning into an NPC. The chances of that are lower than of death and would be the result of similar levels of misfortune. You don't have magic cancer))

keep watching over the organic alchemist. Do not let him out of my sight for even a minute.
You watch like only a construct can watch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »

Do the magics. Take it slow.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

"Soap, eh? might be able to rustle up a couple bars. Got anything to make it worth our while?"

Ye get to keep your homes. That spill over there'll eat 'em if we don't get enough soap to stop it.
Sig text

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »

Go back to the lake transform back be swift.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30