Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39127 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »

Hunker down in the tree pit. Be glad that it's dark, and my skin is mostly brown.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2016, 06:24:45 pm »

robutt calculation: Long triangle, bucket of water at the pointy end, vial of acidy stuff I got from the crate at the mission start at inside at the wide end.

Also, holding a bar of soap in one hand and a putting the other hand on a large rock, can I turn the rock into soap?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »

"Whaaaaat.
Hell yessss."

It would seem that Terrence is in need of assistance. Let's go and give him a hand.
You see a mass of spectral fires, all earthy brown and greenish with sparks of dancing oranges and blues and yellows. there is beauty in the mixture, thoughthere are sickly pathces, dark spots, and flaming points of glaring heat, as well. tendrils reach out from the group, brushing against the surrounding jumble, reaching, prying. As you look, the mass resolves into individual bits, though it remains a sort of unified whole as well. Surrounding the mass is a still, solid feel, with tiny sparks of mundane life running it's ordinary course, all anchored and held by a massive, all embracing Solidness. You see spectral tendrils between the mass of fires, and a similar, though larger and more diffuse mass nearby. this mass contains an oddity -a slowly changing, bubbling, eating thing. nearby this larger diffuse mass is a still, firm place, ever changing, but always seeming to change into what it already is. You look for Terance, but don't quite recognize him in this disorienting display.

Hunker down in the tree pit. Be glad that it's dark, and my skin is mostly brown.
You wiggle in as best you can, snapping a small branch in the process. ohgodsohgodsohgods. Didi they hear that?

Oh no. I'm no doctor but that looks bad.
I do NOT attempt any fancy medical treatment, but I look him over for bleeding without moving him. If he isn't bleeding, then I go hunting for some kind of small prey. He might be able to shift to heal but itll cost him im sure. If he is bleeding though, then my action will depend on how much and where.
He is not bleeding. his form is nearly, but not quite, still. random spasms cause the mass to twitch occasionally. When you bring prey to it and place it on the mass, or into it, it seems not to react to them at all. The mass slowly forms a solid, single, shapeless unit, with the ouroboros evident, and the Omega mark even more so. And then it goes still. You still sense something of living magic from it, but it is deep, feeling as if it is beyond your reach.

robutt calculation: Long triangle, bucket of water at the pointy end, vial of acidy stuff I got from the crate at the mission start at inside at the wide end.

Also, holding a bar of soap in one hand and a putting the other hand on a large rock, can I turn the rock into soap?

-scroll scroll scroll, switch pages, scroll scro..- ah, the acid made with your Christmas present? okay.channeling power from the wide end to the narrow end, the wood of teh bucket begins to steam and hiss, before breaking apart, spilling water everywhere. repeating the process, you get this effect occasionally, but with refinement, you channel the energy to the water instead. the water becomes cler, and you see impurities settle into the bottom of the bucket in a fine ashlike powder. Another effect that happens at times, is that the water, instead of becoming clearer, takes on an acidic aspect, and steams slowly. So, you learn that you have to carefully direct the energies, especially if you have something like "wood" in the target location, and you have to specify the effect you are attempting to create, or you could get one of several.

As for the large rock and the small soap - you effectively convert a patch of rock about twice the volume of the soap into an impure soap, and the soap becomes a hard little amberlike ball. Retrying the calculations, you can make a larger patch into weaker soap, up to about three times the size of the original. But this soap is not particularly useful. Taking the resulting soap and trying to repeat the process results in the new soap crumbing to dust and the rock to take on a blackish, slimy texture around your hand.

Alchemy.
often, alchemy involves distilling large quantities of materials, in order to gather pure essences, which are then used to enhance items or create effects. this is probably what the Alchemist in this town was doing, as this process often creates a large amount of waste product. sometimes this waste product is inert, and sometimes it is not. The side effects of this process are one of the man reasons alchemists favor using golems (and slave labor) for most tasks, as the work is often tedious and time consuming. Of course, the effects produced can be quite powerful, and are often considered well worth the expenditure. No one asks the workers though.

metals. Each metal has a distinct property in alchemy. the most famous alchemic metals are gold, lead, and quicksilver.

Gold adds vibrance to a finished product. For example, a sword which one wishes to enhance for durability and sharpnes. adding gold at the right time will give the sword, not only a bright polish, but a "glowing" effect. this effect may be physical, or it may be psychic. that is, the sword might actually glow in the dark, or have a side effect of producing a sharp bright light which reahes out from the end of the blade and cuts at a distance, or it might have a psychic shine that renders it more powerful against wicked creatures and undead and the like.

Lead is very stable aclemically. it is quite toxic naturally, but for whatever reason, it neither responds to aclemic processes, nor affects them. this very property makes lead useful as a sort of platform on which to work, as it means one isn't adding unexpected elements to the mix (as in the bucket of water above). It is for this reason also that alchemists used to seek to transmute lead into important things. They figured the sheer power imparted and the inherent stability would cause the end result to be exeptionally pwerful and permanent.

Quicksilver, liquid metal, adds an element of change, speed, chaos, to the mix. it can greatly accelerate a process, but with unpredictable results. it can add an element of speed to an object, such that quicksilver shoes wold make one run faster, for example. these shoes might cause the ground below to catch fire though, or cause the wearer to become addicted to speed, such that they can no longer stand still.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2016, 11:03:57 pm »

... I can't help....
maybe a mage can?

I leave the small prey animal sitting on top of Reggie's form, and take a few moments to carefully orient myself. I need to be able to get back here reliably. Assuming I am sure I can find this place again quickly, I then return to town, and begin looking for the rest of the team. The first place I go will be any inns near the spill, which is where I told them I'd meet up with them anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2016, 11:10:17 pm »

Be veeeery quiet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

I have no idea what's going on. It's hard to tell what's what from that description.
Could you restate all the things I can see with little bullet points? And also roll Insight for all that?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »

... I can't help....
maybe a mage can?

I leave the small prey animal sitting on top of Reggie's form, and take a few moments to carefully orient myself. I need to be able to get back here reliably. Assuming I am sure I can find this place again quickly, I then return to town, and begin looking for the rest of the team. The first place I go will be any inns near the spill, which is where I told them I'd meet up with them anyway.
You orient yourself and head back, careful to note landmarks. the path branches twice. Both times, coming out from town, you would need to take the left branch to get back to this spot. You arrive in the village. There are no inns and no sign of your team.

Be veeeery quiet.
You go so still you can't even hear yourself breathe. You use a small, instinctive amount of magic to make yourself appear like a dirty lump of wood. nothing to see  here, folks. move along.

I have no idea what's going on. It's hard to tell what's what from that description.
Could you restate all the things I can see with little bullet points? And also roll Insight for all that?

Welcome to elemental sight. it'll take some getting used to.

1)okay, below you, you see a massive weight of stability which extends off into all directions out beyond your sight. that's probably the ground.
2)Those slow things, drawing earth into them are probably trees, since you are still in the forest.
3)somewhere in the forest is a shifting mass of spectral fires, a collective entity made of individual parts, with tendrils reaching out and feeling the world around it. Tendrils likewise connect this mass with a larger, more diffuse mass further away, somewhere near the town maybe.
4)there's a large pool of everchanging motionlessness near that second larger mass. ti flows, but it remains still. It isn't as solid as the ground below.
5)There's the slowly changing, bubbling, eating thing over by the more diffuse clump of spectral fires. it is spread out, and it feels unnatural.
6)wherever Terrance is, you don't see him. Or if you do, you don't yet recognize him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2016, 07:57:50 pm »

where could they have gone??
I wander aimlessly around town, hoping to stumble upon them at random? maybe if I find some kind of pattern to the town layout I could narrow my search? I dunno.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2016, 08:04:43 pm »

All that seems to make sense. But uh, maybe we can deal with this tomorrow. Find a safe place without any human souls and get some actual rest.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2016, 09:33:16 am »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

What happened to me?

((I don't know, I become unavailable for a few days and someone gets me into serious trouble.))

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »

((afk immunity. they went after the one they perceived as a threat, and you stood there open mouthed. the three old guys didn't chase after all the young whippersnappers so they are standing there talking about the excitement, and about heading home and sleeping.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2016, 04:54:04 pm »

Continue guarding the alchemist. We'll not have this mission objective be kidnapped!

If alchemist is safe, do some Robutt computing: Compute how I would go about imbuing an amount of water with the qualities of acid. If I have enough time for a second compute, how to imbue an object made of metal with the propreties of fire and/or extra force when hitting somthing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2016, 04:54:28 pm »

Guarding the alchemist. Woo.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2016, 04:59:37 pm »

Reggie dreams happily if he is able.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2016, 04:02:17 pm »

What did he go and do that for?

Well, I guess I'll head back to the church.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30