Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28720 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2016, 06:54:11 pm »

Cordon off the gang war and organize the placing of bets in the crowd.
I don't know how you do it, but you begin making a tidy profit off of a spontaneous gang war. Well done.

Keep murdering people as the need arises, keep them outside whilst the gang war whittle themselves down to murderable numbers.
People start climbing the wall after you, so you leap and claw your way up alongside Dar and begin tearing off limbs and spitting acid evrywhere. this has the desired effect. No one manages to get inside, though not for lack of effort.

Stay near the giant bug, and defend it if it is attacked.  If the eye calls out any priority targets, divert to take them out.  Also, stay inside the walls.
from your last action, you were already up on the wall, rather than inside. A lot of people start climbing the wall in spite of Cho's murder venom, he climbs up to dissuade them and yo ugo to assist. for a while, this works fine, but then some scantily clad psycho bitchget's a good swing at you, sending you tumbling. You flip end over end and land gracelessly, but feet first, right in front of Fiddler as he stands calling out bet numbers. Everyone nearby stares for three seconds, before Fiddler calls out "we have a winner, at onefifty to one odds! Come claim your bet for cats falling from the sky!"

Get out of thrown-object range and glare until orderliness improves.
You float about and cast your vision far and wide, concentrating mainly on the inn, but expanding your vision to include the surrounding regions as well. the nearby market place is a complete shambles, and several houses have smashed window shutters (no glass, this isn't a fancy place), but nothing is on fire, and the mobs haven't pulled that many people from their homes to beat senseless or worse. nearby, Cho and Dar manage to dissuade the outside crowds from their attempts to enter the inn, while Fiddler has singlehandedly turned systematic murder into a spectator sport inside the wall.

Night passes. the innkeeper asks you to do something about the corpses and blood, as well as to help shore up the defenses again for the last night. You are all pretty tired though, Cho and Fiddler in particular, and could use the time for recuperation and recharging. Go ahead and post your preparations for the final night.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2016, 03:12:18 pm »

Dar'Yajira will peacably drag all the corpses outside the gate, forming a bit of a barricade.  He'll drag them further away than that if the innkeeper requests it.

Dar'yajira also meets with Fiddler at some point, with a request.
  "This one has a request for the blue twoleg.  If it is not too troubling, could it speak with the customers and investigate the word "Durnvale"?  This one is quite anxious about what that word means, but this one is worried it does not know how to find out.  This one is not good with the twolegs."

(("Durnvale" was Dar's Christmas present, and hopefully relates to his master's location.  Hopefully Ozark hasn't forgotten.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »

"Holy blue hell! A talking cat!" Fiddler says in response to the question. "More pertinently," he then adds, "I suppose I could ask. After I get some rest, I mean. If I remember."

Help out with corpse hauling. Make a big old pyre, let it light up the town and fill the sky with wonderful smoke!

Then rest. Count my profits before doing so, actually. Store them under my hat.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2016, 03:49:40 pm »

help drag the corpses down the street a bit, then go have a nap.

spend the early morning kicking dirt over the bloodstains where possible and washing down tge inns cobblestones if it has any.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2016, 10:06:36 pm »

Dar'Yajira will peacably drag all the corpses outside the gate, forming a bit of a barricade.  He'll drag them further away than that if the innkeeper requests it.

Dar'yajira also meets with Fiddler at some point, with a request.
  "This one has a request for the blue twoleg.  If it is not too troubling, could it speak with the customers and investigate the word "Durnvale"?  This one is quite anxious about what that word means, but this one is worried it does not know how to find out.  This one is not good with the twolegs."

(("Durnvale" was Dar's Christmas present, and hopefully relates to his master's location.  Hopefully Ozark hasn't forgotten.))
((I remember))
"Holy blue hell! A talking cat!" Fiddler says in response to the question. "More pertinently," he then adds, "I suppose I could ask. After I get some rest, I mean. If I remember."

Help out with corpse hauling. Make a big old pyre, let it light up the town and fill the sky with wonderful smoke!

Then rest. Count my profits before doing so, actually. Store them under my hat.

you've made quite the sum. You have about a silver and sixty coppers worth of copper. it's a bit bulky. You hide half under your hat, and must find another hiding spot for the other half. A corpse pyre would be ... perhaps a tad impractical at the moment. It would take a little too long to build, even with sober help, would be nasty disgusting and would probably burn the neighborhood to cinders in the process. Just gonna leave them in the alley for now. But, by all means, repeat this action, and we'll go for it.

help drag the corpses down the street a bit, then go have a nap.

spend the early morning kicking dirt over the bloodstains where possible and washing down tge inns cobblestones if it has any.

Corpses drugged dragged, bloodstains returned to their normal background levels, more or less.

Alright, no reinforcing of the barricades today, what wit hall the excitement and napping. it's gonna make keeping people outside just a little harder tonight. Let's roll. Feel free to make any retroactions that are not unreasonable.

Inside the inn proper: Tonight is rowdy as fuck inside. It's a brawl, and there are some big heavy dudes involved. Gonna be a lot of work there.
In the courtyard: Huh. last night's gambling ring was quite a success, and people are clamoring for more. bet's are flowing in before the participants are even announced. there are volunteers for individual, team, and free for all fights.
Outside: looks like the mobs have moved on to greener, or less bloody pastures, anyway. Gonna be relatively quiet out there. Doors are secured. Looks like tonight's job is pretty straightforward.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2016, 10:07:38 pm »

Observe and officiate over the gambling, then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2016, 12:50:19 am »

trick the cat into attacking me.

Perform general guard duties. patrol the gate and keep an eye on the fighting ring, make sure no weapons are used during weapon free rounds.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2016, 05:47:16 pm »

updates are going to be delayed a day or two. please bear with me. I haven't been feeling well.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2016, 07:15:20 am »

Have the big heavy brawling dudes join in on the courtyard fighting ring if they don't mind.

Keep up on brawling organizational duties in any case.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2016, 08:44:52 am »

Observe and officiate over the gambling, then.
at last, a use for that mechanical brain. all that intelligence and memory that Omega stuffed in there is finally reaping rewards. You run the numbers, call out bets, analyze odds, keep track of winners, losers, and the processing fees, and ensure that no one (besides Omega) is cheating. you are up a silver and stand to triple that by the end of the night.

Watch the crowd.  Dar'yajira won't intervene, unless the giant bug starts fighting, in which case Dar will act as backip for it again, killing anything which attacks it.
You slink casually through the shouting onlookers, occasionally poking your head out toward the fight ring to check on the progress of the entertainment. You catch several pickpockets in the act, but say nothing.

trick the cat into attacking me.

Perform general guard duties. patrol the gate and keep an eye on the fighting ring, make sure no weapons are used during weapon free rounds.

You confidently stroll around hte peimeter of the courtyard, ignoring the shouts and sounds of breaking wood and pottery from inside the inn, but enjoying the sounds of shouting and breaking bone in the courtyard. as you pass the gate, you pause to admire the work you and the others did in fortifying and defending it. You give it a companionly pat and wlak on. After having moved about ten feet, you hear a groan, a ping, and a sudden thud. Turning, you see one of the two massive doors leaning jauntily against the other, hanging to the wall by a single semifuncional hinge. the gate door is tiled away from the wall enough for a person to drive a wheelbarrow through, if they were so inclined. A oment later, a curious green head pops in through the hole, squinty eyes peering around in confusion under a pair of very black, very bushy eyebrows.

Have the big heavy brawling dudes join in on the courtyard fighting ring if they don't mind.

Keep up on brawling organizational duties in any case.

"Hey you!" you shout, throwing various bits of wood, ceramic, and metal at some of the bigger fighters inside. "A fat, diseased gerbil could hit harder than you! Some guy in the courtyard thinks your mother's ugly! and she smells like a sailor! No, two sailors! A lot of sailors! And you're stupid!" You heckle. You manage to enrage a couple of them into chasing you outside, where you dodge into the ring and past the other two volunteers who had joined from the courtyard. Well, at least the carnage inside is down a notch, if anyone notices.Between you and the Eye, you guys are up about two silver tonight, with the chances for another two or three by the end of the festivities.

Inside, the bar brawl continues, though the removal of two of hte bigger offenders seems to have reduced it's fervor. that, and the relative lack of things to break in the common room. it sounds like some of the fighting has moved on to soem of the rooms instead. Some other sounds are coming from some of the rooms too, but those are more typical and hardly worth peeping on, probably.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »

Carry on.  Ensure no cheating.  Note down the pickpockets.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2016, 01:37:55 am »

Begin screeching like a banshee and chase the head back out through the hole in the gate.

consider possible ways to barricade it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2016, 04:04:58 am »

((Take as much time as you need for updates.  This's a good game, I'm not gonna forget about it if you take a little hiatus.))

Dar'yajira will hunt down the rowdiest people inside the tavern, and try to disable legs.
((thanks much))
You dash inside and begin slashing and biting at people's ankles, shrieking up a storm, and startling the bejesus out of people. You draw a lot of attention, and an impromptu game of "catch that damned cat" rises amidst the confusion.

Carry on.  Ensure no cheating.  Note down the pickpockets.
You manage to prevent your comrades from being stolen from, but the crowd shifts chaotically, especially wit hthe introduction of hte new brawlers, and you can't be sure you've managed to keep everything on the level otherwise.

Begin screeching like a banshee and chase the head back out through the hole in the gate.

consider possible ways to barricade it.

You scare the green head off and ponder the broken gate. you recall seeing a lot of loose rubble in the stable. You could pile that up in the hole, you guess.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17