Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28748 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2016, 06:38:23 pm »

Okay, combat enhancement now.  Primarily focused on speed and endurance.  Just start running, preferably toward something very tall and climbable.  Attack anything in my path, but don't slow down to focus on someone--Dar's motivated by terror at this point.  If I manage to get on top of a building or something, attempt to look around and locate the inn.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2016, 07:19:43 pm »

Systematically break up the bar fights.
if they resist, systematically break up the bar fighters.

start by confiscating the orc sticks and work backwards from there.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

Aid in the restoration of order within the inn itself, whether it be by fiddling incessantly or testing joint strength.
You run to the door way and peek in. it's kinda a mess in there. You slip in and along the wall, climb up onto a n empty cahir, and fiddle. some of the nearby onlookers turn your way for a moment before going back to watching the fight, and the noise of shouting drops a bit.

Take records for whom it may concern.
Okay.

Okay, combat enhancement now.  Primarily focused on speed and endurance.  Just start running, preferably toward something very tall and climbable.  Attack anything in my path, but don't slow down to focus on someone--Dar's motivated by terror at this point.  If I manage to get on top of a building or something, attempt to look around and locate the inn.
You buff up and dash throgh the crowd, dodging left and right, leaping on various attackers and vaulting this way and that. Somehow, though, you never quite make it to the safety of a climbable building. You've become quite the spectacle in the streets, and confusion and chaos increase in your wake. You feel as if you could keep this up all night

Systematically break up the bar fights.
if they resist, systematically break up the bar fighters.

start by confiscating the orc sticks and work backwards from there.

You shoulder your way through the crowd and march up to the orcs, grabbing at their sticks. They pull back and face you as a pair, snarling and jabbing their sticks at you. The troll blinks and peers at you, then at the orcs, then at you again.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2016, 09:22:01 am »

Begin poking the orcs with my envenomed tail.

gradually increase velocity from irritated hab, to intentional impalement.

stop if they get the message.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »

Yeah, this mission isn't really a thing the Eye is good at.  Continue surveiling.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »

Begin poking the orcs with my envenomed tail.

gradually increase velocity from irritated hab, to intentional impalement.

stop if they get the message.

You poke at them a bit, and whack the troll once in the process. This seems to piss him off a bit. He grunts at you and starts to stand. it takes a minute. Meanwhile, one of the orcs gets the message at about the time it's belly starts stinging pretty fiercely from your stabs and it backs away, arms up, and sits heavily against the wall, wheezing.

Strengthen buff.  Continue to flee while attempting to find something tall and climbable.
You want to strengthen the buff? Or you want to buff strength? Either way, you find yourself at the top of a rather tall lamppost out in the middle of a small circle where several streets meet. A fountain is nearby, the stagnant water inside covered in a layer of brownish slime. You see the innabout fifty yards away through the crowd. it appears relatively unmolested.

Yeah, this mission isn't really a thing the Eye is good at.  Continue surveiling.
I mean, you're a floating eyeball. Your one skill is looking at things. Of course, this could have come in handy in the other mission, when Half the team got lost in various places. Farsight is useful for getting information in various ways. the trick is knowing what information you are looking for. If it helps, you find Dar, out on a lamppost about fifty yards from the inn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:23 pm »

Well then.  He'd best get back to the inn, lest deriliction of duty and all that.

"Ahem.  You'd best return to your duties."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:01:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:09 am »

Dar'yajira begins desperately caterwauling at the floating golem.  He reaches a single paw out towards it, nearly overbalancing off the lamppost, before returning all four paws firmly to his perch.  His wide eyes rapidly scan the crowd below him, and he is visibly shivering.

I meant "strengthen the buff", which should be improving dexterity and endurance.  If the eye comes close enough to climb on it, do so and hold on for dear life.  If I lose balance and fall off the lamppost or eye, go charging in the direction of the inn.

Otherwise, continue sitting on the post.  Watch the crowd for potential dangers.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2016, 02:05:00 pm »

Fiddle harder. Begin to lose feeling in face from intense fiddling.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2016, 03:00:51 pm »

"Oh.  One moment.  I shall attempt to provide conveyance."

Help.  Assuming I can carry the weight.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2016, 08:12:34 pm »

"Oh.  One moment.  I shall attempt to provide conveyance."

Help.  Assuming I can carry the weight.

Dar'yajira begins desperately caterwauling at the floating golem.  He reaches a single paw out towards it, nearly overbalancing off the lamppost, before returning all four paws firmly to his perch.  His wide eyes rapidly scan the crowd below him, and he is visibly shivering.

I meant "strengthen the buff", which should be improving dexterity and endurance.  If the eye comes close enough to climb on it, do so and hold on for dear life.  If I lose balance and fall off the lamppost or eye, go charging in the direction of the inn.

Otherwise, continue sitting on the post.  Watch the crowd for potential dangers.

The orb hovers over and bonks into the lamppost just below Dar's shivering form. Dar hops down and latches on firmly, mewling, with fur standing out straight in all directions. The two wobble and waver above the crowds back toward the inn. Some wiseass takes to throwing things at you guys, and this quickly becomes a popular pasttime. it's mostly small stuff - pebbles, bits of garbage, wadded up paper, but the occasional more solid item comes flying your way too. You get whacked a few times and turned about a bit, in spite of the generally poor aim of the mob in general. And ofcourse, what goes up, inevitably comes down, and the mob gets as good as, or better than, it gives, people clobbering each other with junk more than they hit you.

Fiddle harder. Begin to lose feeling in face from intense fiddling.
You enter a trancelike state, your face going pale and still as you pluck and strum for peace. Some people start laughing and dancing. They are the ones on the far side of the room from the monsters about to rumble though. Well, at least the troll looks your way, a perplexed expression on it's oversized lump of a face. "Uuuuurrrhaaugh???" It proclaims.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »

Drop Dar off at the inn wall, tell Fiddler "You're playing too hard, ease up before you faint."
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »

Slink away while the troll is distracted and break up the next fight.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »

Dar'yajira quietly whispers "This one is grateful." as the orb carries it towards the inn.

Hop off the eye onto the wall once close enough.  Then run back to the inn and find a safe hiding spot.  After finding a safe spot, drop the combat buff, and check magic reserves.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17