Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28797 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2016, 04:01:08 am »

"Say, insectoid friend, are you sure we need chemical weaponry to handle a crowd? I mean, it sounds like a fine idea for a last resort, but I suspect it will not endear us to our employers if you catch my drift."

Don't stand too close to Cho-Ja's perverse saliva experiments. But observe anyhow! He seems to know what he's doing, metal bucket debacle aside.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:52 am »

"Concur."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2016, 07:59:01 am »

Cho-Ja

Hmm.. thats no good.

Run off and try to swipe some glass jars or mugs to pour it into.

then resume filling them with pain inducing venoms

eh, you find a couple wooden buckets and a ceramic pot. they hold the venom without dissolving. You manage to fill them each with a litre or so of venom, but you can't tell how painful it will be without testing it. You look around for "volunteers." Well, there are inn employees, and Fiddler and the eye are hovering about, just out of throwing distance.

Slink off to a nearby alleyway and use magic to make myself appear terrifying.  If the spell succeeds, leap out in front of an unarmed peasant and hiss at them.  Observe their reaction.
This goes comically well. You make yourself look very large, midnight black, smoke pouring out of your eye sockets, a sickly green glow behind the smoke, jagged fangs and serrated claws. Your hiss rattles shutters on the windows nearby, and the peasant you chose faints dead on the spot. A dozen rats flee in terror at the sound, and you scare yourself into defecating on the spot. Babies within a three block radius are crying now, and you smell curdled cheese.

"Say, insectoid friend, are you sure we need chemical weaponry to handle a crowd? I mean, it sounds like a fine idea for a last resort, but I suspect it will not endear us to our employers if you catch my drift."

Don't stand too close to Cho-Ja's perverse saliva experiments. But observe anyhow! He seems to know what he's doing, metal bucket debacle aside.
He seems to get the hang of it after a minute or two, and pours copious amounts of bodily fluids into several containers. It smells spicy and somewhat rancid. I bet there's a fetish for this.

"Concur."
You analyze the contents of the bugman's toxic spittle, and are fairly confident you could replicate the formula, given the proper ingredients, which might even be located in the kitchen.

A few people are starting to trickle into the courtyard, listening to the tavern singer and lutist, eating the snacks set out for the occasion, and trying out some of the party games that have been set up. You still have an hour or two before the crowds start to gather in number though, and another hour or so before sunset and the peak drinking  hours. Anything else you wanna do during that time?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2016, 08:00:45 am »

Preventative drunk-spotting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2016, 10:05:36 am »

Cho-Ja

Nod affirmatively to Fiddlers query's about the necessity of chemical based warcrimes.

then dip my cudgel in one of the containers and look for someone unimportant to hand it to poisoned end first.

and I literally mean habd it to them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2016, 10:56:36 am »

Defer to Cho-Ja's judgment. He seems to know what he's doing.

Maybe go somewhere else while he tests his stuff, though. I don't think I actually have anything to do. Maybe fiddle somewhere else for a bit.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »

The terrifying demon panther crushes itself to the ground, eyes wide and ears alert.  After a moment, it utters a small "mew?", realizing that it was the source of the loud sound.  It then slinks away...

Does maintaining the nightmare illusion drain a significant amount of magic (I.E. can I keep it up until sunset?)  If so, use stealth skill to sneak to the inn, and find a quiet place to hide and rest, for now.  This is totally not a bad idea, I guarantee it.

If I can't keep the illusion up, my action is the same, except I dispell the illusion before returning.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »

Preventative drunk-spotting.
You spot a band of three men carrying iron pipes, looking menacing, staggering a bit, and headed for the inn. On closer inspection, they only appear to be faking the drunkenness. One looks up at you, points, and says something to the others, who then look in your direction as well, before heading toward the inn again.

Cho-Ja

Nod affirmatively to Fiddlers query's about the necessity of chemical based warcrimes.

then dip my cudgel in one of the containers and look for someone unimportant to hand it to poisoned end first.

and I literally mean habd it to them.

You hand your cudgel (nice stealth acquire, by the way) to some poor slob, who almost immediately drops it, clutching his hand and sinking to his knees, open mouthed.

Defer to Cho-Ja's judgment. He seems to know what he's doing.

Maybe go somewhere else while he tests his stuff, though. I don't think I actually have anything to do. Maybe fiddle somewhere else for a bit.

You set up in the main hall, since the other minstrels are in the courtyard. there are fewer patrons in here. You fiddle a while and earn a copper or two, in addition to what you got earlier.

The terrifying demon panther crushes itself to the ground, eyes wide and ears alert.  After a moment, it utters a small "mew?", realizing that it was the source of the loud sound.  It then slinks away...

Does maintaining the nightmare illusion drain a significant amount of magic (I.E. can I keep it up until sunset?)  If so, use stealth skill to sneak to the inn, and find a quiet place to hide and rest, for now.  This is totally not a bad idea, I guarantee it.

If I can't keep the illusion up, my action is the same, except I dispell the illusion before returning.

You can keep the illusion up with a minimum of effort, for now. You manage to avoid being seen again, and squeeze into a gap in a closet wall and settle down to wait.

The courtyard is filling up pretty good, it's nearing sunset, and the Eye has spotted three possible troublemakers on the prowl.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

Report this.
Sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2016, 06:49:22 pm »

If anyone starts anything, hit them with a dose of foxfire. Even illusionary flames should get someone's attention and give them the hint to knock it off.

Anyone who persists with trouble after the foxfire gets flash-burned, basically giving them the equivilant to a very bad suntan. Anyone who STILL doesn't get the hint, well Jack hears the charcoal look is in this year...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2016, 09:32:22 pm »

Cho-Ja

Grab the venom container and walk around tge grounds forcing all the guards to dip their weapons in it.

Then rub whatevers left on my claws and tail and begin prowling for troublemakers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »

Report this.
Attention, organics! Hostile units incoming!

If anyone starts anything, hit them with a dose of foxfire. Even illusionary flames should get someone's attention and give them the hint to knock it off.

Anyone who persists with trouble after the foxfire gets flash-burned, basically giving them the equivilant to a very bad suntan. Anyone who STILL doesn't get the hint, well Jack hears the charcoal look is in this year...

The three guys I mentioned come in and wander the courtyard, bumping into people and giving the evil eye all around. thy make their way to the ale barrels and help themselves, sloshing ale on the ground and yelling at people for spilling their drinks.

Cho-Ja

Grab the venom container and walk around tge grounds forcing all the guards to dip their weapons in it.

Then rub whatevers left on my claws and tail and begin prowling for troublemakers.

The bartender dips his several nasty looking weapons in your concoction. Several of the barmaids dip their daggers in it too. A fight breaks out in the main hall, a plate of food goes flying, and people are yelling. several bystanders back away from the fight, right into your path, making it difficult to get to the battle.

Sleep for now.
Your illusion fades as you drift off into cat dreams.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2016, 07:14:06 pm »

Glow menacingly at the hostiles, but remain out of their reach.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17