Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28721 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: A frustrating lack of murder.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 10:58:10 am »

>Database search: Spell: Pyrokinesis.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 01:25:41 pm »

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Ugh, this rain is heavier than I thought it would be.  Groom, in an effort to dry off somewhat, and if that fails, resort to sorcery.  It tends to be good for primal desires, right?

Once dry, find the driest, warmest spot under the stoop, and take a catnap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »

Jack addresses the crowd: "Hey people, you have two choices: One, you can back the hell up and let me work, or two, you can get pretty crispy as I attempt to draw the flames out of the building, cause me to fail, and watch the inn burn down anyways. Your choice!"

Wait a minute until the crowd backs the hell up, and proceed on drawing ALL the flames out of the building, bundle it into a ball, then shoot it skyward and snuff it out in an explosion.
((how do you -2 charisma people keep rolling 5s on charisma checks? You should all be getting lynched right now, for all the -2s trying to convince people to do shit, but nooooooooo.....))
Yeah man, whatever, have at it. One guy grumbles as he shoulder's past you. I think you might be misundewrstanding the situation though. the fire is in the back of the inn, in the kitchen where you were a few turns ago. you are now at the front of the inn. There's a great hall, a hallway, and two storerooms, one on either side of the hall, between you and the fire now. Oh, and Cho-ja. Anyway, the crowd is thinning enough for you to shoulder into the great room if you want. it's pretty dingy in there, and a bit smoky.

Is this a village? A town? A roadside ruin? Is it...

... wait, Dibbleton? Didn't Rando say we were supposed to go to Dobbiton? I mean, not that it's likely Dobbiton's any better, but still.

Investigate this.

And if this really is where we're supposed to be, then wouldn't the existence of an innkeepers' guild imply a plural number of inns or at least innkeepers? Find another inn. One at a respectable distance from the one that was set on fire.

"You there!" you shout at a passing stranger, who looks a tad smoked, "what's the name of this place? is it a village or what?"
This be Dobbiton, ye wee daft lad. It's a town, of course. We have several temples you know. Teh passing stranger calls rudely. Surprisingly helpfully though. You wander away from the flaming spectacle, against the tide of onlookers more interested in watching the inn burn than in forminga bucket brigade or anything. You find a reasonably sized thoroughfare, and after a little hike, another worn and weathered sign, declaring proudly to all that this inn is the Blobby Red Stain on a Brown Patch. or something like that.

Cho-Ja

Keep hold of the snack sized assailant, dont bite any harder though.
Repeatedly assault at the captive mook with my free hand, or my tail if i have no free hand.

if i successfully maim him, take his cudgel and kick him into the dirt to bleed out then go help put out the fire somehow.
probably by spraying it with fire resistant mucus or something.

((finally a good combat roll and its against a PC, woe is me. :P))
You lose your grip on the mook, who wastes no time dashing away through the hall and out into another room. Man, that guy did NOT want to die. the other mook has gone quiet though. turning around, you see a room full of flame. You spit your unconscious pugilistic brother into a clawed hand, and spray a spout of mucus, which just disappears into the inferno. Best you guys are gonna do at this point is contain it.

((and you are back to rolling snake eyes. at least that +2 magic kept you from spraying an aerosol jet, which would ignite and draw the fire right into your face.))

((I guess I should have waxed less poetic and stated actual descriptions of actions...))

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Whenever he wakes up, check if all legs and arms are still attached. If at least one of each is still working, pay back the pain with interest - force himself out of Cho-Ja's mandibles, climb up his head and pluck out his eyeballs/composite eyes, shouting. "YA BAMPOT BAS! ALL YE BALLS ARE BELONG TO ME!"

((Ozarck, you're welcome to it, but mind the end of your sig, there's some BB code left over))
You awaken as you are spat roughly into a clawed appendage, and begin weakly punching and kicking the air, announcing proudly that you are now a bugpimp. ... weirder shit has happened, I guess. Your head starts to clear and your lungs start to fill with smoke a little.

>Database search: Spell: Pyrokinesis.
[color=orange>Spell: Pyrokinesis. A fire moving spell.[/color]

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Ugh, this rain is heavier than I thought it would be.  Groom, in an effort to dry off somewhat, and if that fails, resort to sorcery.  It tends to be good for primal desires, right?

Once dry, find the driest, warmest spot under the stoop, and take a catnap.

You begin to groom, and get a mouthful of mud for your trouble. Blech. You sit upright instead, spit out the mud, and concentrate. A deep rumbling fills your chest, and you shed the water and mud. Suitably clean and content, you curl up and doze, the merry sound of fire crackling in the near distance.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 04:58:15 pm »

>Query:Does this unit know said spell?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 05:16:20 pm »

Oh, ok then. March into the in and find the fire, THEN snuff it all out.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:38:31 pm »

((Damn, I come up with a battle cry that wrapped together alliteration, allusion, insults to both mind and parenthood, a physical oblique threat, and a clever pun, and all I got for it was being spat off...))
((^^This wasn't whining, it's a joke. Humour doesn't translate so well when written down.))

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"Ye bampot bas, how... Crivens, th' booze'll go up! Save the booze an' we can settle our stuff later!" Shaken by the risk to the alcohol supply, Simmie will literally run up to an innkeeper (preferably a young and confused one) and snarl "Where d'ya keep th' stron' likkor? Quick, show me or I'll gie you sich a kickin'!"
If the innkeeper tries to slap at Simmie or run away, give him a tap to the nose and snarl the demand louder, with the additional "Are ye daft? I don’ wantae havta lose me temper wi’ ye!", with additional taps if needed. When the demand is met, tell him to save whatever he can, grab at least two or three crates of liquor and go out screaming "GAIN WAY! GAIN WAY! I FEKKIN SED GAIN WAY!".

If anyone stubbornly blocks the path, drop the crates, drop an idiot or two or how many needed to clear the way, grab the crates again and get outside. Ignore the rain, pull a cork out of a bottle (or, if too hard, just punch it in) and indulge with satisfaction.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:42:20 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 01:41:55 am »

team 1,  cho-ja

Discard the noisy morsel and begin constructing slimy hive walls to serve as barricades in locations where the fire is likely to break through such as doorways.

((this is a stone building right? or was that only the room we entered?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 04:55:20 am »

Excellent. Locate an innkeeper within. Ask about where I could possibly find an innkeepers' guild in Dobbiton.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:40 am »

--TEAM 1-- Wasps

RTB with the flowers

Return To Base
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 06:33:35 pm »

>Query:Does this unit know said spell?
This spell is not a farseeing spell. Several magics exist for the control of fire. Transferring instructions.
You get a dump of vague advice, imagery, and suggestions on various forms of magical fire control. You glean a few possibly useful pieces of information, but are uncertain if it is complete enough for a successful spell. Well, you can try, anyway.

Oh, ok then. March into the in and find the fire, THEN snuff it all out.
You get pushed and jostled left and right as you try to shoulder your way through the thinning crowd. Everyone wants to go the other way, for some reason. Finally, you make it into the back hallway, where Cho - Ja is, but your temper is seriously frayed at this point. time to roll a will roll. You manage to hold it together and focus on actually extinguishing the blaze, rather than encouraging it. Cho-Ja has shut the door to the back room and is currently vomiting all over it, but you can feel the heat from in there anyway, and have to duck under the cloud of smoke.

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Sleep peacefully until either the rain or the mission ends.  Roleplaying! :P

Or your porch catches fire.

((Damn, I come up with a battle cry that wrapped together alliteration, allusion, insults to both mind and parenthood, a physical oblique threat, and a clever pun, and all I got for it was being spat off...))
((^^This wasn't whining, it's a joke. Humour doesn't translate so well when written down.))

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"Ye bampot bas, how... Crivens, th' booze'll go up! Save the booze an' we can settle our stuff later!" Shaken by the risk to the alcohol supply, Simmie will literally run up to an innkeeper (preferably a young and confused one) and snarl "Where d'ya keep th' stron' likkor? Quick, show me or I'll gie you sich a kickin'!"
If the innkeeper tries to slap at Simmie or run away, give him a tap to the nose and snarl the demand louder, with the additional "Are ye daft? I don’ wantae havta lose me temper wi’ ye!", with additional taps if needed. When the demand is met, tell him to save whatever he can, grab at least two or three crates of liquor and go out screaming "GAIN WAY! GAIN WAY! I FEKKIN SED GAIN WAY!".

If anyone stubbornly blocks the path, drop the crates, drop an idiot or two or how many needed to clear the way, grab the crates again and get outside. Ignore the rain, pull a cork out of a bottle (or, if too hard, just punch it in) and indulge with satisfaction.

((it WAS a good insult. I tried to preserve that in the turn update.)) ... would you quit rolling fives on charisma rolls?! -sigh- Yo manage to bring the bartender to his senses - dwarves at least have their priorities straight - and the two of you begin hauling liquor out into the front courtyard. Yo get about four barrels of beer and eight bottles of hard stuff out before you notice people getting a little too helpful with this task. But only with the alcohol that's already outside. the dwarf looks ready to correct this excessive "helpfulness," brandishing a half empty bottle of something and yelling at the crowd. You take a swig from one of your bottles. What's this? Nearly empty already?

team 1,  cho-ja

Discard the noisy morsel and begin constructing slimy hive walls to serve as barricades in locations where the fire is likely to break through such as doorways.

((this is a stone building right? or was that only the room we entered?))
((the room you entered was a a stone basement, with wooden rafters supporting the wooden main floor.))
You shut the door to the burning back room and begin coating it with a thick mucus. You can feel the heat through the door, and some of your mucus dries as it fills the cracks in the door. the smoke is getting pretty thick in the hall too.

Excellent. Locate an innkeeper within. Ask about where I could possibly find an innkeepers' guild in Dobbiton.
You step in, around some tables and over some drunks to the bar. The barkeeper glares at you. "Guild? Fancy name for that lot. Gang, more like. Frank!" he shouts. "Someone here to see you!"

--TEAM 1-- Wasps

RTB with the flowers

Return To Base
Alright, let's see. you came in through a portal into the basement of that glowing building over there. You head toward the door you came out of. Smoke is billowing out of a window nearby, and is drifting up out of the basement doorway you left the building from. You wanna go in there and look for the portal?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 06:41:06 pm »

>Utilize observational data from Magus Spark and known data from data dump to formulate fire control spell.
>Cast.  Carefully.  If at any point something appears to be going wrong, cut off the spell.

>Oooor just minimize collateral damage for Angry Fire Mage down there....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:21:28 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »

JUST PUT THE FUCKING FIRE OUT ALREADY. Use maximum effort and no regard for collateral damage, since at this point Jack is pretty pissed off.

"Goddamn stupid fucking fire fucking jackass teammates set just die out already cocksucking faggot buttfucking piece of pansy ass collection of asshole sparks...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 10:28:38 pm »

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Look for a full bottle, or at least half-full. If none is found, take an empty bottle and toss it at the drunkest-looking in the crowd. Hard. Yell "YE THIEF! YE DRUNK THEM ALL!"
Eye the dwarf's bottle, get it if he puts it away, or ask for a share if he starts on it, reminding him that Simmie helped.

If the dwarf gives him the bottle, thank him, find a quiet corner, and enjoy a well-deserved drink in peace.
((Just in case I get another high roll :) ))

If he reasonably politely refuses, start crying and pulling at the beard "Waily, waily, waily, such is ae bigjob's gratitude ta haev risked life an' leemb, an' nae ev'n ae wee drink fer me troobles!... Ta save yer stock, I coulda haev me beard frizzl'd in th' fire and now ye refoose me ae drink, or been..." Go into full drama mode, loudly listing to everyone all the horrible things that could have happened to him while helping in saving the booze stock, and pointing out that he's being refused a justly deserved drink.

However, if he's rude, pick a fight with him, indignantly tell him "Crivens, tha's how ye reward me fer helpin' out? Jus' put the bootle doon so their be nae accidens wid it, an' geit reddy fer ain beatin', ye big selfish scooner." Climb up his legs, kick him in the knee crook, and punch him in the face if he falls.

Whatever happens, don't let the bottle fall and break, or be taken away. Break off the engagement to violently protect the bottle from anyone who tries to get it, that's Simmie's coveted prize.

((I remember the free drink token, but you said you put it in the pocket. Since the only pocket feegles have is the spog, I don't think he'll find it so soon.))
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:24:28 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 05:09:47 am »

"This can only end well, surely."

Meet Frank, Dobbiton's famous guildsman. Walk up to him and shake his hand. Appreciate the man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17