Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28747 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2016, 11:13:02 pm »

Well, Blue seems to have defused/distracted the crowd, so just head back to the inn in whatever way is stealthiest while remaining inside (or at least on top of) the walls.  Then perch on the roof of the inn, just out of sight of those on the ground.  Watch the walls, and listen to the crowds.

And drop my blur once I'm out of sight.

((Question: In the other thread, you said that people who volunteer don't get branded, but everyone who is forced into Omega Legion gets branded.  Earlier in this thread, Dar'yajira checked himself for a brand and found none, but you implied that his collar had the Omega on it.  However, he got into the legion because he murdered a person, which would imply he's branded, according to what you said in Thread 2.  Which is it?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2016, 11:29:24 pm »

Continue guarding the gate.

if people start getting really rowdy outside it climb the damn thing and spray everyone with venom head to toe.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2016, 03:19:23 am »

Break out the fiddle to add some atmosphere to the courtyard beyond primal violence.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »

Keep an eye on things.  Etc.
You hear shouting from inside the inn, and something breaking.

Well, Blue seems to have defused/distracted the crowd, so just head back to the inn in whatever way is stealthiest while remaining inside (or at least on top of) the walls.  Then perch on the roof of the inn, just out of sight of those on the ground.  Watch the walls, and listen to the crowds.

And drop my blur once I'm out of sight.

((Question: In the other thread, you said that people who volunteer don't get branded, but everyone who is forced into Omega Legion gets branded.  Earlier in this thread, Dar'yajira checked himself for a brand and found none, but you implied that his collar had the Omega on it.  However, he got into the legion because he murdered a person, which would imply he's branded, according to what you said in Thread 2.  Which is it?))

the crowds outside do typical drunken mob activities: looting, pillaging, raping, drug transactions, human trafficing. It's pretty disgusting. Inside the walls they seem to have settled into a mostly positive drinking, gambling, and bar games activity set, with occasional glances toward your more aggressive companions keeping them in check.

((a Brand wouldn't be visible on the fur, now would it? So he is Branded, and the collar is an addition to that to make the Brand clear to an observer. I suppose I should have just made your fur change along with the skin, but I didn't. I'm too kind sometimes. Anyway, the Collar is mystically linked with the brand. I suppose if you manage to remove it, the brand will leech through into your fur, leaving an Omega Brand clearly visible on much of your body.))

Continue guarding the gate.

if people start getting really rowdy outside it climb the damn thing and spray everyone with venom head to toe.

You stalk about beside the gate, occasionally squirting venom through holes in the wall, and biting arms that find their way through some of the larger gaps. One board get's pried off of a patch you guys made earlier in the day during one scuffle. Gonna need to repair that, unless you don't mind people being able to worm their way in through it.

Break out the fiddle to add some atmosphere to the courtyard beyond primal violence.
You Fiddle away, and the tension in the courtyard drops. you even make tow coppers and a bottle cap out of the performance. No one throws things at you either. Apparently even in the slums a performing bard is held in esteem. Perhaps especially in the slums.

The night is getting on, and the occasional drunk passes out. A few people stagger off to find a sleeping pad somewhere. the innkeeper looks nervous and is looking for your firemage friend to tell him about the job he was offering. He keeps asking about the time and wondering if he'll be too late.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:12 pm »

Glare ominously at anyone trying to use the hole in the wall.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2016, 01:04:21 pm »

((Could you specify what you mean by "brand"?  I've been assuming you mean a brand from a branding iron, which leaves a permanent mark.  It would also probably kill a cat, come to think of it.))

Run along the wall until I'm above that big hole that Cho found, and examine what's on the other side.  If someone starts to repair the hole, jump down adjacent to the hole and reestablish my scary visage spell, to keep outsiders from interfering.

If nobody tries to repair the hole, continue guarding the top of the wall from climbers.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2016, 03:26:52 pm »

Fiddle these fine men and women into adequate softness of mind. Defuse potential hostilities with well-timed bawdiness.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2016, 07:04:11 pm »

Vomit foul smellin hive wall goop into the hole in the fence.

resume willfully injuring people at the slightest provocation.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »

Glare ominously at anyone trying to use the hole in the wall.
usefulness intensifies. More noises of conflict rise from inside the inn itself.

((Could you specify what you mean by "brand"?  I've been assuming you mean a brand from a branding iron, which leaves a permanent mark.  It would also probably kill a cat, come to think of it.))

Run along the wall until I'm above that big hole that Cho found, and examine what's on the other side.  If someone starts to repair the hole, jump down adjacent to the hole and reestablish my scary visage spell, to keep outsiders from interfering.

If nobody tries to repair the hole, continue guarding the top of the wall from climbers.
((I feel like i just had this conversation in the other thread. The Brand [note how I always capitalize that] is more like a tattoo than a horrible scar left by a searing hot piece of metal jabbed roughly against one's skin / shell / ectoplasm. It was placed on you via ritual magic, and yes, the Branding was painful. whether it has ever been fatal or not is another story that I haven't written yet))

You jump down outside to scare the bejesus out of the crowds, but misjudge your jump just a touch as your illusion fizzles and land, claws extended, right on someone's head. You hiss and screech, and scramble to leap off him, launching into the chest of another merrymaker who was in the process of attempting to mug someone. You claw and screech your way up and over his shoulder before leaping into the crowd and scuttling away, screams and yells of rage following in your wake.

Fiddle these fine men and women into adequate softness of mind. Defuse potential hostilities with well-timed bawdiness.
It's like the Masque of the Red Death up in here. Everyone inside is having a good time, while the world around them goes to pieces.

Vomit foul smellin hive wall goop into the hole in the fence.

resume willfully injuring people at the slightest provocation.

You puke and stab to your vicious heart's content. Ain't nobody coming through that (former) hole in the wall tonight. Or within three yards of you intentionally.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »

Stare at the INSIDE of the inn now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2016, 07:50:47 pm »

Head inside the inn and ascertain what tge hell is so noisy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2016, 08:13:58 am »

Stare at the INSIDE of the inn now.
You hover your way over and peek inside. You, that's a bar fight alright. What is wrong with these people? This is like the third today.

Head inside the inn and ascertain what tge hell is so noisy.
Breaking furniture, racial slurs, someone with some banshee in their blood is riding the back of someone else,screaming and pulling his hair. One dude has another in a headlock, and ... those tow orcs are poking that troll with sticks. The troll is slowly becoming agitated. How did they even get that big thing in here?

Uh.  Hide, then gain bearings.  Dispel the scary illusion.
the next few minutes are a blur. You barely avoid getting stepped on a lot, and leave no small number of deep scratches on people's arms, legs, and torso. You bit one person's ear and instantly regretted it. Somehow, you end up on top of a trash can in the middle of the street, a ring of onlookers surrounding you and staring. Small objects begin flying your way. You can't tell if someone is mad at you, or if they are just bored and want to see some action.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2016, 08:34:59 am »

Aid in the restoration of order within the inn itself, whether it be by fiddling incessantly or testing joint strength.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2016, 02:57:39 pm »

Take records for whom it may concern.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17