Tilesets!
- 8 (50%)
ASCII only!
- 4 (25%)
I don't care
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarven Temple Contest!  (Read 22365 times)

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Temple Contest!
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »

your image is broken

Not sure how to fix, changed to url. I'm gonna just post my relevant screens there when I get a chance...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 09:16:27 pm »

Priest Libash, a former fisher and woodcrafter who arrived this season, was taken by a fey mood, and has produced Soundmobbed, an oaken crown.

Everyone, laydwarves and clergy, agrees that this is an auspicious omen.  The temple Raltorish (Silvercrown) is truly blessed by Tunur the Amber of Charcoal.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2016, 03:23:27 am »

I am making a temple with sarcophogi inside. There's one dwarf who is socializing among the empty sarcophogi.

I honestly wonder if this guy is okay.

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

Summary of Recent events in "Darklens" a temple to Ad.
(thus far anyhow)

Starting Location
Water Source: Muffinsstockades (Delicious)

Miners
Olon (Led initial Expedition), Rakust, Cog (Only worshiper of Ad and supervisor of all projects)
Farmers
Kogan, Ilral
Scribe
Ustuth (Bookbinder, Stonecrafter)
Astronomer
Carol (for studying the sky for the glory of Ad)

Year 100
STRIKE  THE EARTH
SPRING
Brought lots of stone and booze... Proper for all construction projects.
Begin dig.
Immediately Dig for first cavern.
Start foraging and making stone blocks.
Build bridge to underground plateau.
Train gaurd dogs for miners.
Troglodytes spotted! (I peed a little when they came charging the bridge I built)
Begin securing lodgings in cavern.
Expand mine shaft...Cog fell to her death...Bad Omen? Or was she murdered? It seems I found she had an argument with a miner whom went berserk due to an argument right before dieing... I assume she was thrown... So much for my only worshipper of Ad.

SUMMER
Finish Pallisade around cavern camp,  because it's getting sketchy down there.
Began Farming.
Buried the dead. :'(
A gaurd dog was attacked by a giant python, python fled due to wounds!
Migrants! (5)
Worshippers of Ad (Rith, Edzul, Urdim)
A child named "Edzul Walled Death" great...we're doomed.
Began Clearing trees and gathering local jungle flora.
Found Cog's Gaurd Dog waiting by the ledge where she was thrown from... I like to imagine he was mourning her.

AUTUMN
Giant Cave Spider...Olon is dead (Drowned). He was shot by webs and Dodged off the bridge into the subterranean Lake where he drowned... His gaurd dog then murdered the spider as it climbed the cavern walls into our camp, Cave spider roasts ensued.
Merchant Caravan and Liason arrive... Of course upon arrival I remember I forgot to create commodities to trade.
Built memorial slab to Olon
Rakust dies in Cave-in...with his gaurd dog... I knew it...doomed I say!
Buried more dead...
Migrants! (9) (Datan has no tongue?! Awesome!)
Worshipers of Ad (Urdim, Ezum, Kubuk, Datan, Onget, Cog, Imush, Obok) All but Aban a child, feeling better about the whole temple thing

WINTER
Urdim falls to his death... Or was pushed... Did toady add serial killer dwarves? I don't remember dwarves randomly tripping into pits. No cave in either.
Gorlak Attacks guess he climbed in, killed a gaurd dog made a make shift militia that proceeded to beat him to death.
More funerals...

Year 101
SPRING
We made it a year! Woo!
Migrants! (2) (Bomrek has no left ear I've named him "Van Gogh" ) (Rovod is a Philosopher, neat)
Worshippers of Ad (Bomrek)
Large pit into the caverns has been dug
Setup small multi-deity shrine, all worship Ad, and aspect of Ad, Dumed, or sacrifice... Nice

SUMMER
Migrants! (3) 2 Worship Ad, I can live with 2 out of 3
Began digging temple out of stone
Another Fight/argument breaks out...Onget is thrown into the pit...Rith was also thrown into pit...Cog lays on the bottom of the pit arms and legs mangled. This Is SPARTAAAA!
First birth (Zutthan)
Built a hospital to treat two survivng miners, Astronomer seems most fitted for amatuer medicine... He managed to save "Van Gogh" who broke his ribs in the fight. Cog is hanging on barely. He is a magnificent bastard :')

AUTUMN
Second Birth (Litast)
Continue Temple construction first few floors are taking shape.
Merchants arrive, I promptly trade for food and medical supplies.
Third Birth (Inod)
Migrants (2 Migrants) I'm thinking we need to install hand rails around the pit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:32:38 pm by Duck Slayer »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2016, 09:37:10 pm »

An entire family of true believers has arrived, in the Autumn of 101.  Husband (Degël), Wife (Nish), and two lovely children, all followers of Tunur the Amber of Charcoal.  These are the first children to immigrate.  We've given them the title of Acolyte, which is of course a position with no responsibilities at this time.

Our community now numbers 49, and construction of the temple is underway.  The clergy have compromised on a charcoal base with a diameter of 35 urists.  We have also paved a charcoal road leading down the rather steep cliff, with a naturally curving path, to the eastern shrublands.

A secular tavern has been constructed from kaolinite blocks which were extracted from the plateau during preparation.  As is fitting for those who revere the sky, it is above ground and open to the wind.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2016, 02:59:10 pm »

If I can figure out how, I'm changing everyone's worship. What kind of 40-member cult only has one worshipper of their god?

Also, I had no idea how hard year-round freezing weather would make surface obsidian casting! Aboveground water pumps don't work! Near the end of 103 (year 4) and we're gonna need a lot more buckets. Getting this done by next weekend is pretty questionable.

This update brought to you by Artifact Wooden Door! Distracting building destroyers! Forever!

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2016, 04:07:51 pm »

If I can figure out how, I'm changing everyone's worship. What kind of 40-member cult only has one worshipper of their god?

All non believers need to be cast into your obsidian... Then and only then will the gods of fire and earth grant you their blessings. I'm building a "Moon-Door" Ala game of thrones for just such purposes.  (casting unbelievers to their deaths anyway)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:18:17 pm by Duck Slayer »

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2016, 05:20:20 pm »

All non believers need to be cast into your obsidian... Then and only then will the gods of fire and earth grant you their blessings. I'm building a "Moon-Door" Ala game of thrones for just such purposes.  (casting unbelievers to their deaths anyway)
Ooh, and then it can be a hermit game where all he does is engrave slabs until he dies of old age! I've done that before, actually. After a while, I ran out of creative reasons why migrants kept walling themselves off in small rooms and starving to death.

This probably works on someone that only worships one diety.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wonder if everyone is a cultist with the same god, if they'll brainwash new arrivals by peer pressure?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:28:08 pm by gchristopher »

Shûl-nak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2016, 05:50:33 pm »

Find a believer dwarf with high social skills who likes arguing. Set him his own dining area, and assign it as a dininghall for all non-believers - then switch off the nonbelievers' labours until their indoctrination is complete.

Will it work? No idea, but it sounds deliciously dystopian at any rate.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2016, 06:35:20 pm »

"After a polite discussion with local rivals, Udib Rockfortresses has claimed the position of queen of The Glove of Winds."

O_o

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2016, 09:21:38 am »

Okay, who is Ave Rhythmicwaves, and why do my dwarves seem so obsessed with her!? Honestly, I picked out a nice spot for a themed dungeon, and i'm having to sort through statue after statue of the elf.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2016, 09:52:44 am »

Is it weird that my first migrants of 6 all do not have a deity under their relationship screen?

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2016, 01:53:36 pm »

Is it weird that my first migrants of 6 all do not have a deity under their relationship screen?

I've had the same expierence on some migrants. Just means their a fresh slate to indoctrinate into the fold.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2016, 02:37:54 pm »

Okay, who is Ave Rhythmicwaves, and why do my dwarves seem so obsessed with her!? Honestly, I picked out a nice spot for a themed dungeon, and i'm having to sort through statue after statue of the elf.
Mine are obsessed with the adventures of the elf Vicira Tundratin, whose taming of polar bears was the most epic, and possibly ONLY interesting thing to happen up north.

On the plus side, they actually captured a polar bear, so maybe one of them can become a tamer and start doing reenactments.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

Mine are obsessed with the adventures of the elf Vicira Tundratin, whose taming of polar bears was the most epic, and possibly ONLY interesting thing to happen up north.

On the plus side, they actually captured a polar bear, so maybe one of them can become a tamer and start doing reenactments.

Mine apparently tamed grizzly bears. Is it just because im on an island?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13