Tilesets!
- 8 (50%)
ASCII only!
- 4 (25%)
I don't care
- 4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarven Temple Contest!  (Read 21867 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Temple Contest!
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 09:40:34 am »

Edit: Where do i get the civilization info, like symbols?

Make some coins, engravings, figurines, statues...?  Not sure which one is the most likely to get the civ/group symbols, but engravings can be spammed in such great quantity that I'm sure you'll find some depicted there, eventually.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2016, 02:55:58 pm »

I'm too busy to participate right now, but best of luck to all!
PTW
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2016, 07:17:47 pm »

Embarked on an island. Had 60 dwarves. Then the werecreature came. Now im hovering around 45 dwarves, with migrant waves really far apart, and consisting of 2 dwarves each.
There's a stealth weretortoise (can't see him on the units screen) destroying zombie gnomes left and right out there! Wow, severed zombie gnome parts being flung all over the place. We're not turtled up against building destroyers yet. Better set up some traps, fast!

His name is Mame nithethevalo. Is that who you saw?

Yeah, getting to actually build a temple may or may not happen.

edit: The weretortoise turned back into an elf and is probably fleeing now, still hidden. All that destruction was by an Elf???
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:22:46 pm by gchristopher »

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 11:27:09 pm »

I went the tame route of Savage jungle close to the necromancer tower. So far our opening the caverns to open sky in honor of the sky god Ad has only yielded four miner deaths in the first year.

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »

There's a stealth weretortoise (can't see him on the units screen) destroying zombie gnomes left and right out there!

So... A ninja? Turtle?

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 01:41:25 am »

There's a stealth weretortoise (can't see him on the units screen) destroying zombie gnomes left and right out there!

So... A ninja? Turtle?
Exactly!

Wow, she was the queen of The Pear of Fighting from 72-92, when she was bitten by the weretortoise Cobi Tautpale, and has since established a lair, killed several humans, and eaten many of their cats and birds.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 05:04:21 am »

A female ninja were-tortoise, huh?  Reminds me of this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Archek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 05:34:32 am »

Post to watch and maybe compete if I find the time!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 05:57:23 am »

I'm building a temple now. Dammed weretortise killed 10 people, and another bit one. I'm already short on people, the greedy sod!

It was an elf, so I wonder if it was the same weretortise some of the other people have been running into.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:13:27 am by SimRobert2001 »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 08:28:48 am »

My dwarves have survived their first year.  The religious preferences of the starting seven were not shown until we arrived, long after I had already assigned skills.  I was fortunate enough that one of the starting seven chose to be a faithful worshipper of my chosen deity (Tunur the Amber of Charcoal).  Even better: it was the dwarf with military skills, who was also the expedition leader!  I dubbed her the High Priestess, and gave her a fancy (relatively, for now) room.  All the others, who are pagans, got simple 2x2 cells.

No more worshippers of Tunur arrived until the next spring, when I got 3 additional priests.

Work during the first year has gone mostly toward basic secular needs -- living spaces, a modest farm, a still, and so on.  High Priestess Udib and one pagan are training with hammers for defense of the temple, should it be needed.  So far, the only hostiles have been some kobold thieves (a group of 3, and a group of 2, both of which ran off without stealing anything) and some wolverines, which harassed our dogs until we sent in the hammers.  And then the butcher.  One of the pagans who arrived in the spring of 101 is an expert with swords, and another is a hunter/marksdwarf.  These will be added to our temple guard as well.

Construction of the temple proper has not yet begun, but some of the preparations are underway.  We have begun to remove the top layer from the western plateau, and to construct a defensive wall in the northwest.  Many of the trees from the eastern shrubland have been harvested, and charcoal production has begun.  When the plateau surface is ready, and the wall is in place, the next step will be construction of the charcoal base.  Udib wants a diameter of 40 urists, but some of the other priests worry that the crown atop such a massive base may be beyond our resources, and are arguing for a reduction of scale.  We shall see....

Meanwhile, the plateau itself serves as our "temple".  While there is no building or altar yet, there is always the open sky.  Our prayers will be heard.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:45 pm »

I just got started with LNP 42.04, but Pheobus seems unfinished with some dwarves looking like paper-doll placeholders.

I embarked in a 3x3 with a volcano right in the center. 

I'm frantically digging, looking for a water source since I started with 5 miners with +5 mining skills.

I may just have galena and tetrahedrite so I'll make do with copper, silver and lead for metals. 

I forgot that I hate non-flat embark, and I will try to flatten the region but might leave the volcano caldera as some sort of center tower.

It's going to look weird to have an elevated indoor farm tower.

As soon as I get my first migrant wave, I'll see what kind of worshipers I have.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 05:04:41 pm »

Do we judge as each one comes out, or do we wait until everyone has submitted before giving scores?

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 06:19:49 pm »

nomad_delta withdraws from society... nomad_delta works with menacing fury!

Duck Slayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 06:45:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:')

Built my first little shrine, even when dedicated to all deities I like that my chosen god/sphere and sacrifice are top choices. I'll have a full report when I post the finished project also gonna continue playing this save regardless... I've had quite an interesting series of events.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:22:36 pm by Duck Slayer »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:21 pm »

your image is broken
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13