Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.2.1: A few minor fixes]  (Read 70105 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod [1.1: The Witching Hour]
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2016, 01:43:28 pm »

You can fix the profession names if you like.

Lightning man papermaker corpse for example, you can get rid of that. Use PROFESSION_NAME:profession-id:name-singular:name-plural for all professions, and add something that fits better.

Blood man ravaging corpse. Orc Uruk re-animated corpse. Things like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2016, 05:13:04 pm »

Do these reanimated minions have the same tokens zombies have? It might also be tied to opposed to life. Just guesses, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2016, 08:24:18 am »

Enjoying the mod!  Had a Kamaitachi raid at my latest fortress, well before I'd actually gotten everyone underground (I had done the old 'bring coke and metal ores' trick, so I was still manufacturing my picks)

Their unfortunate victim survived, but all his flesh eventually rotted away and he died, along with a few of my livestock.  Brutal.

EDIT:  Apparently that was an interaction between this mod and Direforged - the necrosis was from a pet in that mod that sprays acid as a defense mechanism.

On the more hilarious side, one of my trading partners has apparently elected a Krampus their emperor.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:05:26 am by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2016, 01:31:24 pm »

It's a common mistake, but with the exception of necromancy(meaning black magic) almost all Foo-mancy actually means the person uses foo to tell the future, not that they have supernatural control of foo. necromancers can either mean black(evil, not skin color) magicians, or people who use the dead to tell the future.
We know that, but its a common fantasy trope and the names are perfectly fine for that.
Necromancer's original meaning is just someone who conducts divination by consulting the dead. I guess you could go with -theurge/-theurgy(unsure on this one) if you don't feel like the 'mancers in whatever you do. Usually nobody really cares, though.
actually We're bouth right. necromancy means both someone who conducts divination by consulting the dead and also it means black/sorcery. I looked it up just yesterday, and it gave both meanings. necromancers therefore are a correct name for the vanilla guys(although black magic doesn't exclusively involve zombie magic.), but all the other ones are incorrect(I haven't checked ALL the -macies but both pyro and geo are just diving by the foo).
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »

Oooooooooor you could remember that language is descriptive, not proscriptive!  As long as meaning is clearly inferred and communicated, all word choice is valid!
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2016, 07:35:10 pm »

Oooooooooor you could remember that language is descriptive, not proscriptive!  As long as meaning is clearly inferred and communicated, all word choice is valid!
This is a finely crafted foo.  It menaces with spikes of bar.  But what is it?!

The -mancer suffix has a widely-understood, if incorrect, meaning.  No reason to change it.

By the way, the definition of "black magic" that I'd heard is that it is magic cast upon someone without their consent.  That would include just about all of these mages.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2016, 03:49:44 pm »

Using this and Fortal Kombat in the same game.

Got besieged by an osh-tekk hemomancer.

How appropriate, right?  He's just been meandering around my borders, so I haven't gotten to see what him or his minions are capable of - I'm still training my militia, so I'm not rushing into that fight just yet.

~LegacyCWAL

keupo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2016, 12:17:20 pm »

I've been using PHM, Deep Ones, and mythical creatures along with my own (simple) mods in a couple of forts now.

I've been getting strange effects that don't seem to be mentioned in any of the threads, and I'm not sure they're intended.

First fort seemed to have a husking mist, but no mist was visible. Ravens and such turned into husks; but without a pause and redirect, and with no visible cloud: also no unusual creatures were present on the unit list.

Second fort, we met the elder god; now there are aquifers in our sedimentary layers -- aquifers are disabled.

Also the octopus tentacle zombie sieges drop all their equipment on the map edge, but I think you already knew that.

It's been fun, but if digging to the magma sea is a death sentence, or worse, aquifer producing; it's not for me.

I'm really looking forward to gorgons and sphinxes. Is the stuff I mentioned Deeps Ones stuff, or is my game bugging out?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2016, 01:45:29 pm »

I've been using PHM, Deep Ones, and mythical creatures along with my own (simple) mods in a couple of forts now.

I've been getting strange effects that don't seem to be mentioned in any of the threads, and I'm not sure they're intended.

First fort seemed to have a husking mist, but no mist was visible. Ravens and such turned into husks; but without a pause and redirect, and with no visible cloud: also no unusual creatures were present on the unit list.

Second fort, we met the elder god; now there are aquifers in our sedimentary layers -- aquifers are disabled.

Also the octopus tentacle zombie sieges drop all their equipment on the map edge, but I think you already knew that.

It's been fun, but if digging to the magma sea is a death sentence, or worse, aquifer producing; it's not for me.

I'm really looking forward to gorgons and sphinxes. Is the stuff I mentioned Deeps Ones stuff, or is my game bugging out?
I don't know about the husking mist. The Tentacle zombies are from Deep Ones, and this problem is common for all necromancer-oids whose zombies transform. the Elder God(also from deep ones) shouldn't have the ability to create aquifers, because this mod doesn't use dfhack. did your map say you had an aquifer on the spot before you embarked? where specifically did you embark to cause aquifers?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

keupo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »

The aquifer tag has been removed from the inorganic stone raws, by hand, so maybe I missed something.

Just so long as it wasn't the carp god. Thanks.

I think the husks might have been a bug.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:26:19 pm by keupo »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2016, 02:38:48 pm »

The aquifer tag has been removed from the inorganic stone raws, by hand, so maybe I missed something.

The Carp god isn't in this mod
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2016, 02:46:27 pm »

You underestimate the Carp God at your peril.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2016, 03:01:12 pm »

You underestimate the Carp God at your peril.
You underestimate Pikachu17 at your own peril.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2016, 10:55:37 pm »

IndigoFenix, is it okay to bundle your Mostly Mythical Monsters Modular Mod with Lazy Newb Packs?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2016, 12:22:46 pm »

Yes, as with all of my mods.

Note about this one - you might want to separate the different parts, like Meph did with Masterwork.  Right now there are 7 independent mods included (under the headers of the front page), and some of their changes are more significant than others.  Each group of files with the same suffix can function independently of the others.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11