Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Not-Terrible Jokes Thread!  (Read 10079 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Not-Terrible Jokes Thread!
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2016, 03:11:40 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 05:17:08 pm »

Into space does not mean into orbit. Getting into obit requires a little bit less than twice as much delta-v than just getting into space.
What do you mean?
Going into orbit would require a "v"  of 7.9 km/s when starting from earth without thrust, or atmosphere. Under the same conditions, you need 990 m/s to reach FAI Space (100km up) and 885 m/s (not much different, because it's squares, see?) to reach USAF space (50 miles up.) That's a whole order of magnitude.
On the other hand if you apply constant "delta-v", you either can both go to space and into a ( suitably high ) orbit, or you can't lift off the ground at all.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 12:19:25 am »

Why did the dwarf give a funny name to a useless artifact craft? It had a Gneiss Ring to it.

Why didn't the programmer register a wedding gift? Not enough cache. (This one almost ended up in the Terrible Jokes thread, but I managed to assemble it in a way that works. Eh? Ehh?)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:21:04 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

Ha.

Nice compliation of programming jokes there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »

These are terrible.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

Yeah, the only difference between this thread and the Terrible Jokes thread is that one is more self-aware.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2016, 11:46:36 pm »

Considering that this thread is itself a terrible joke...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2016, 01:41:03 am »

Guys, this is the thread you put jokes in after people say it's actually pretty good. Do not take the label of "Actually good joke" lightly.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2016, 06:35:23 pm »

What did the man say when he saw a vulture stuff a corpse into the overhead baggage compartment?

"I've heard of carrion luggage, but this is ridiculous!"
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:14 pm »

A few jokes I know (the first one is mine, the other two are from the internet):

Everyone has at least a bit of humanity in them. Especially the cannibals.

A farmer gathers an engineer, a mathematician, and a physicist to make the largest field with the least fence.

Engineer (after taking some fence and making a circle): "There! That is the most efficient shape."
Physicist (after taking some fence and making a line): "Obviously, the largest possible field takes a fence that goes all the way around the world."
Mathematician (after constructing a tiny fence around himself): "I am on the outside."

A statistician is getting executed for egregious use of statistics. He is tied to a chair and the firing squad gets ready.

"THREE"
"TWO"
"ONE"

*BANG*

Half the bullets go to the right and half go to the left. The statistician pauses, looks around for a moment, and then drops over dead.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2016, 12:11:13 am »

Ptw
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2016, 06:05:29 pm »

This post has been removed by a serious request from god
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:07:57 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2016, 06:20:06 pm »

I don't even what.
Sigtext

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2016, 06:39:28 pm »

I don't even what.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Will be removed on request, dont kill me toady
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7